GDT: [Game #74] Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild - 7:00 PM CT (ESPN)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Hate that counterpunching bs to start ot. Put Hintz and Robertson out there to start. Glendening and Faksa did their jobs though Glendening should have found a change earlier than he did. But it's just such a richardless strategy. Maybe they should just come out and bow down before the almighty Kaprizov

That's my point. We ended the game without getting all our best guys on the ice for a full shift. If I'm going to lose I want to lose knowing I put all our best guys out there. It's like using your best shootout guy 3rd and it not getting to him. I like Glendening a lot and sure they did their job of keeping the other team from scoring but they also never touched the puck. They got pinned in their zone for a full minute and Glendening overstayed his shift.

Robo and Hintz need to do better at the end, especially Robo. I know what Hintz was trying to do. He was looking for a quick stick lift so he could take off and counter attack the other way.

Start Robo-Hintz-Klingberg and then go Benn-Seguin-Miro and then if that top unit isn't ready to go maybe then you mix in a defensive line of Lindell-Glendening-Pavs. Pavs is slow but Glendening can skate and that line just needs to stay out for 20 seconds. If the game isn't over yet, then your top six guys are ready to roll again to close out the game. By now the game is probably over either way but at least you got your top six players on the ice for the majority of the OT instead of playing it safe.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Great game again by the boys in green. Unfortunate end result but that OT point is huge.

3 of 4 points against arguably our toughest opponents left this season is huge.

Hopefully this type of strong play continues even against the lesser teams. We all know Dallas loves to play down to their opponents.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Even if you think Faksa is some faceoff wizard, why the f*** was Glendening out there?

Yup, I don’t quite possibly see a reason why you don’t put a guy like Roope with Faks.

Faks gets kicked out, Roope takes the draw
Roope speed, defense is just as good as Luke
Roope >>>>>>>>>> Luke in terms of offense

Doesn’t make sense. Only reason I can think of is because Bones likes their “chemistry” being that they are line mates.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I get that Glendening should have changed but I understand why he was out there. He is much faster than Faksa and is better at face offs. Not sure why Faksa always starts OT. Not sure why Faksa even plays 3v3. He is trash. There are plenty of guys who are better offensively and offer the same if not better defense.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Yup, I don’t quite possibly see a reason why you don’t put a guy like Roope with Faks.

Faks gets kicked out, Roope takes the draw
Roope speed, defense is just as good as Luke
Roope >>>>>>>>>> Luke in terms of offense

Doesn’t make sense. Only reason I can think of is because Bones likes their “chemistry” being that they are line mates.
Personally , I don’t get why we don’t go fire on fire to start overtime . 3 on 3 isn’t the time for your shutdown players .

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Outcome aside, I’ve watched the replay of the Heiskanen dangle on Jost about a dozen times now. Wow—just wow.

Can the Stars please implement a system that unleashes all of this present and future offensive firepower?

Really excited for next season.

We should have a new coach and hopefully a system that allows our offensive guys to be unleashed. Miro taking on that #1 role with Klinger (supposedly leaving) will be fun to watch.

Not to mention the possibility of our stud Johnston joining as a 19 year old, or one of our other top forward prospects.

The future is exciting all while the team is still built to win now

Reactions: JeffP

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Outcome aside, I’ve watched the replay of the Heiskanen dangle on Jost about a dozen times now. Wow—just wow.

Can the Stars please implement a system that unleashes all of this present and future offensive firepower?

nvm found it

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
People need to direct all their PP hate to Laxdal since he's the one who runs it, unless there was a change at some point. And all they have to do to fix it is use the top line plus Klingberg and Miro and tell them to stay out as long as they have legs, preferably at least 90 seconds.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
People need to direct all their PP hate to Laxdal since he's the one who runs it, unless there was a change at some point. And all they have to do to fix it is use the top line plus Klingberg and Miro and tell them to stay out as long as they have legs, preferably at least 90 seconds.
Laxdall "runs it" but Bowness is still the head coach and clearly approves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad