GDT: Game 74 | CBJ @ BOS | 7 PM EST

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Trust me we will get 2 points and feel good about ourselves as we drop to picking 6OA

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Still sucks getting the point. They need to quit pining for "feel goods" and just lose. Momentum doesn't carry over (and if we are an improved team next year, many of these guys aren't even on the roster).

Reactions: Youngguns80

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
20 years of abuse can make people bitter.
and thats weird to me. Ive been here for 18-19 of those years and not even American to have that connection but yet I dont think about the MacLean era vs where the team is now or where its headed. You have teams like the Leafs who havent done anything in forever or won a Cup since the 60's and yet they still show up for the punishment. Its just sports, we love when they win but letting it impact your life when they lose is silly

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
and thats weird to me. Ive been here for 18-19 of those years and not even American to have that connection but yet I dont think about the MacLean era vs where the team is now or where its headed. You have teams like the Leafs who havent done anything in forever or won a Cup since the 60's and yet they still show up for the punishment. Its just sports, we love when they win but letting it impact your life when they lose is silly
We still show up for the punishment. We just like to b*tch about it.

Its one thing to be a fan of a team with a lot of history that has fallen on hard time like the Leafs or even the Cubs/Red Sox when they had long streaks of not winning but being a fan of a teams with a very minimal history of success is very draining. The Leafs aren't really an accurate comparison because they have Auston Matthews, a long history and the 4th best record in the league right now. We've got Johnny Hockey, a bunch of schmeltz in 31st place and a long history of being the league's red headed stepchild.

Just look you belong in the NHL and I'll be much happier. I did renew my STH plan but majorly downgraded due to some life things. I desperately want this team to succeed but I don't have a lot of faith in the current team management to make it happen. I'm not as invested in this team as I used to be. It just getting harder for me to put my money into things that don't give much back to me.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
We still show up for the punishment. We just like to b*tch about it.

Its one thing to be a fan of a team with a lot of history that has fallen on hard time like the Leafs or even the Cubs/Red Sox when they had long streaks of not winning but being a fan of a teams with a very minimal history of success is very draining. The Leafs aren't really an accurate comparison because they have Auston Matthews, a long history and the 4th best record in the league right now. We've got Johnny Hockey, a bunch of schmeltz in 31st place ad a long history of being the league's red headed stepchild.

Just look you belong in the NHL and I'll be much happier. I did renew my STH plan but majorly downgraded due to some life things. I desperately want this team to succeed but I don't have a lot of faith in the current team management to make it happen. I'm not as invested in this team as I used to be. It just getting harder for me to put my money into things that don't give much back to me.
I got suckered into renewing my tickets too. Hoping this year “pays off”

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad