GDT: Game 74 | CBJ @ BOS | 7 PM EST

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I got suckered into renewing my tickets too. Hoping this year “pays off”
I'll see if I regret it but I now have a single ticket in the upper shoot twice zone instead of 2 tickets in the lower mezzanine. I'm pretty busy with some career development stuff and I no longer have anyone to go to games with me anymore but I hated to give up my seniority and the ticket tax exemption. I always have done the quarter season flex plan to schedule around my personal conflicts.

I just want to finally see some luck go our way and some real efforts for improvement this offseason versus status quo and blaming injuries for it all. Jarmo is a real spin doctor on hype and I see through it now.

Reactions: Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This sentiment by Aaron Portzline has been bouncing around my head since he shared it a few weeks ago in his podcast: why can't this team play for pride at the start of the season when it would make a damn difference?

At the start of this year they tried to implement the new breakout scheme and it was just a turnover party for like two months until they got rid of it. Our D couldn't figure it out.

I'm hoping they don't try anything too ambitious next Fall.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This sentiment by Aaron Portzline has been bouncing around my head since he shared it a few weeks ago in his podcast: why can't this team play for pride at the start of the season when it would make a damn difference?
Like major said, it was more systemic than “pride” early this season. I’m not speaking on any prior ones. Everyone was thinking too much and the players were maybe miscast and it just wasn’t working.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
At the start of this year they tried to implement the new breakout scheme and it was just a turnover party for like two months until they got rid of it. Our D couldn't figure it out.

I'm hoping they don't try anything too ambitious next Fall.
Coaching failure to be held accountable for.

Did they actually bail on it? I haven't seen any different results either way.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Coaching failure to be held accountable for.

Did they actually bail on it? I haven't seen any different results either way.

I think it was sort of a coaching failure. I don't think the new system was original, it looked like something some other clubs have done well with, but it's on Lars to know what his defensemen are capable of, and they weren't close to getting it right. Even when healthy, connecting passes is something this D group struggles with.

They definitely changed their approach to breakouts partway through the season. I don't know how conscious it was but they went from trying to exclusively do clean breakouts (passing, skating the puck) to just flipping pucks into the neutral zone under pressure. That way we're turning it over at center ice and not in front of our goalie.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2