Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
:bruins vs :ducks

Thursday, March 26, 7PM
TD Garden

TV: NESN, NHLN-US, TVA
Radio: 98.5 The Sportshub

THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY FANS' SOULS.
The playoff bandwagoner and the sunshine pinkhat will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their team;
but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of Chara and Bergy.

image.jpg1_2.jpg

:bruins
36-25-12
Practice Lineup March 25
Gold Jerseys: Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Krejci - Daniel Paille
White: Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak
Gray: Reilly Smith - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson
Burgundy: Chris Kelly - Gregory Campbell - Max Talbot - Brian Ferlin

Zdeno Chara - Adam McQuaid
Torey Krug - Dennis Seidenberg
Matt Bartkowski - Zach Trotman

Tuukka Rask
Niklas Svedberg

Injuries: Brett Connolly, Dougie Hamilton, Kevan Miller

:ducks
46-22-7
Patrick Maroon | Ryan Getzlaf | Corey Perry
Matt Beleskey | Ryan Kesler | Kyle Palmieri
Andrew Cogliano | Nate Thompson | Jakob Silfverberg
Tomas Fleischmann | Rickard Rakell | Jiri Sekac

Hampus Lindholm | Francois Beauchemin
Simon Despres | James Wisniewski
Sami Vatanen | Clayton Stoner

John Gibson
Frederik Andersen

Injuries: Sheldon Souray, Tim Jackman, Korbinian Holzer

Last edited by a moderator:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks for the GDT! It is hard to recognize Pasta!

Huge game tonight! We have been saying that a lot but tonight is paramount especially if the Sens win or go to OT.

Please win Bruins! I will be a fan forever but more hockey post season would be nice.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
A win would both be appreciated and completely necessary to any playoff hopes but I can't say I'm optimistic. Our defense is a joke.

Basically depends on how Tuukka plays.

Go Bs I guess

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
"It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?" - Ian Wilson

Go Bruins !!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is the last thing we need - the Ducks on a 2 game losing streak are going all out for a win tonight in Boston :help:

The view from California

ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER - Ducks players try to arrest their recent road troubles

Two losses do not usually require the drastic step of a team-wide meeting. Especially when there are only seven games left in the regular season.

Except the Ducks were starting to see the same movie play out in front of them, the central characters being themselves. It is becoming a well-worn script – a hot start, a lengthy stay in the NHL penthouse and a lingering dose of mediocre play before the postseason.

The Ducks soon will clinch a playoff spot and, barring a collapse, win a third straight Pacific Division title. But with that comes challenging themselves when no one is really pushing them for a spot they’ll soon secure.

So the leadership group of captain Ryan Getzlaf and alternates Corey Perry and Francois Beauchemin laid down the challenge in the form of a players-only meeting Wednesday before their practice at Boston University’s Agganis Arena. No coaches allowed.

LA TIMES: Ducks' Bruce Boudreau to settle on lineup for homestretch

After the Ducks were outscored, 12-5, in losing the first two games of their five-game Eastern trip, Coach Bruce Boudreau said Wednesday he plans to stop moving people in and out of the lineup and will settle on the players he will use during the final weeks of the regular season. That will include restoring defenseman Cam Fowler to the lineup Thursday at Boston after scratching him Tuesday at Columbus.

"You make some trades on defense and you want to see different combinations but that's going to stop pretty soon," Boudreau said by phone from Boston. "We'll go with six defensemen and 12 forwards and get ready for what we have to get ready for. We're getting to the point where we have to put our team out there and we've got potential playoffs to prepare for. We've still got to win two or three more games, I figure, to make sure we get there.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Julien us getting better with his practice lines at least. Scratch Paille and Campbell and those may be our best forward lines of the year.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Jeez some of those guys really depend on their hair for their looks.

Bruins win the next two, I can feel it... We are back after this weekend.

No doubt these guys will battle till the end. Plenty of battle tested warriors in there. Let's see if they rebound again with their back on the wall...

Ideally, I would have put Krejci between Yeti and Loui, but going with yesterday practiced lines, i would scratch Campbell and play Ferlin:

March-Bergy-Krejci
Lucic-Spooner-Pasta
Smith-Yeti-Loui
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin
Paille/Campbell

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Bruins ride Rask to a 3-1 win. Bergy pots one in the first. Loui realizes that the short hair makes him lighter and more aerodynamic. The result is a goal in the second, and an ENG to put the game on ice.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Bruins give us hope heading into the weekend - big win tonight 4-1 .

Goals by Krug, Loui, Pasta and Smith:amazed:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Whether they win or lose tonight, how the effort is will tell me a lot about whether this team will hold off Ottawa and Florida to get into the playoffs. They come out flat and lackluster, and they can start planning their golf outings.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hoping for 2 points tonight at home and the Rangers blowing out Ottawa there to plant a seed of doubt in them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Whether they win or lose tonight, how the effort is will tell me a lot about whether this team will hold off Ottawa and Florida to get into the playoffs. They come out flat and lackluster, and they can start planning their golf outings.

Exactly, a no show tonight and these guys can go **** themselves. Years like this are exactly why you don't hand out lifetime contracts with NMC in them.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
WILMINGTON — On Wednesday, for the second straight day, David Krejci practiced at right wing next to Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron. When the Bruins practiced the power play, Krejci manned the right point, formerly held by the injured Dougie Hamilton, on the No. 1 unit.

“There’s potential there,†coach Claude Julien said. “At the same time, I think it’s unfair to put all the pressure on two or three guys. The pressure should be on all of us right now. If we take it as a group, we have a much better chance of getting through this than with two or three guys.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...turn-bruins/SZLWKcZvqlIuY8sPSZKIsJ/story.html

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
3 days off, no excuses not to come out flying, period. I understand there are injuries slowing them down and have a couple people sitting. I just want to see 60 minutes of "we want to be in the playoffs" effort.

that's it. to me, tonight is the night we find out if the leaders on this team want it or not and if that translates to the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad