GDT: Game 74 BRUINS at NY Rangers 8:00 PM | NBCSN, SN1, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So who is starting tonight? Rask or Gus?

Maybe it's just me but considering this is the Bruins final back-2-back set-up (NY then FLA tomorrow) of the season, doesn't it make much more sense to start Gus tonight vs. NYR and leave Rask for the team they are competing against for one of the three divisional playoff spots in FLA?

Realistically they can have Rask start every game after tonight as B2Bs are no longer a threat.

Factor in Rask being under the weather a bit it seems to me like a no-brainer to start Gus tonight.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
So who is starting tonight? Rask or Gus?

Maybe it's just me but considering this is the Bruins final back-2-back set-up (NY then FLA tomorrow) of the season, doesn't it make much more sense to start Gus tonight vs. NYR and leave Rask for the team they are competing against for one of the three divisional playoff spots in FLA?

Realistically they can have Rask start every game after tonight as B2Bs are no longer a threat.

Factor in Rask being under the weather a bit it seems to me like a no-brainer to start Gus tonight.

Want to win then Rask should be in.They probably pumped IVs into him steady.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And on a another note.

While I like Vatrano in the line-up, why in the blazes is the 3rd line anchor known as Jimmy Hayes in the line-up over Connolly? At least Connolly plays physical and isn't bad defensively.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Want to win then Rask should be in.They probably pumped IVs into him steady.

So does Rask play again tomorrow night too?

Doesn't make any sense to start Rask vs. the Rangers if they plan is to split this last B2B with Gus. Winning against FLA to me is more important than winning against NY.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
And on a another note.

While I like Vatrano in the line-up, why in the blazes is the 3rd line anchor known as Jimmy Hayes in the line-up over Connolly? At least Connolly plays physical and isn't bad defensively.

In an ideal world we get one of these for the top 9, though I doubt it is likely. Connolly should definitely be in over hayes if the 2 of them are fighting for 4th line.

marchand - bergeron - stempniak
loui - krejci - pasta
beleskey - spooner - vatrano

marchand - bergeron - stempniak
vatrano- krejci - loui
beleskey - spooner - pasta

This way you have a goal scorer on every line, and no gaping defensive holes.

imo hayes, ferraro, and randell should be fighting for the last spot. i think acciari and connolly should be set on the 4th.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
If they're going to try him out, I think it makes the most sense to put him with Krejci and Eriksson. Eriksson can switch over to give him whichever wing he feels most comfortable with.

Vatrano-Krejci-Eriksson
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak

This is exactly what I want to see.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
So does Rask play again tomorrow night too?

Doesn't make any sense to start Rask vs. the Rangers if they plan is to split this last B2B with Gus. Winning against FLA to me is more important than winning against NY.

They are trying to make playoffs here.He gets 7 million a year for exactly this type of situation..Yes he plays back to back.I do not think throwing away 2 pts tonite makes sence for maybe 2 tomorrow.No disrespect to Gus but he needs to sit now.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
The 5 foot assassin, the funky diabetic...Phife Dawg is dead :(
Large Professor in the house, you know how we do,
I skate on your crew, like Mario Lemieux

This has been a rough day...lets go bruins, we need a win.

RIP Phife

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015

yuck.

connolly not dressed for warmups. randell was but didnt skate rushes with the lines.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
gju6D11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad