GDT: Game 74 BRUINS at NY Rangers 8:00 PM | NBCSN, SN1, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
You have to feel for Spooner. He's carrying two dead weights in terms of skill. There isn't room for two grinders on that line and considering Beleksey actually does his job well, the fact that Hayes is still in there is mind boggling. A pure shooter like Vatrano was tailor made for that line

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Then why did they call him on an emergency basis on the western trip and didn't play him?

numbers.

" Teams are limited to just four “regular†recalls after the NHL trade deadline through the end of the regular season. Not counting toward this total are “emergency†recalls made under emergency conditions, meaning the team’s roster has been reduced below the level of two goaltenders, six defensemen and 12 forwards. In the case of an emergency recall, the player can only remain with the team for the duration of the roster emergency, after which he must be immediately returned to the club from which he was recalled. Also not counting toward this total are recalls of loaned players (ie. players on the team’s 90-man reserve list who were assigned to a minor, junior or European league) whose regular season/playoff schedules have been completed."

http://www.nhlfreeagents.com/#!roster-rules-deadline/cdaa

"With the Bruins going through a bit of a scoring slump, Vatrano was in Boston on Tuesday, joining the team as the second of their four post-trade deadline call-ups. (Noel Acciari was the first.) He has been, as has been well-documented, a revelation in the AHL, with 33 goals in 33 games, leading the league by six goals while playing 21 fewer games than the second-leading scorer."
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ank-vatrano/PwkGVJ9DTEKJP4xFozibiP/story.html

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Bruins better get at least 1 point out of this or it may get ugly sooner or later. Missing the playoffs two seasons in a row will be a disaster.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rask Back on the Ice

Tuukka Rask was back on the ice Wednesday morning at Madison Square Garden. He was “under the weather,†according to Julien, on Tuesday and did not practice with the team.

He was the first goalie off the ice at pregame skate, indicating that he would get the start in goal.

When Julien was asked if Rask was good to go for this evening, he said that he had not yet talked to Rask following the skate.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=46006&navid=DL|BOS|home

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Vatrano - Krejci - Pastrnak

The line I don't want to see and do want to see.

It would really dynamic in the O zone but horrifying in the defensive zone. Krejci is good defensively but he isn't always good at covering the defensive weaknesses of his line mates.

I still want Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta. Claude denies me.

Last edited:

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
So 33 goals in 33 games in the minors earns you possible 4th line duty when your team scores 3 goals in 3 games.

:help:

Put him with Krejci, Eriksson on the right, Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta.... Connolly-Noel-Randell.

Couldn't agree with you more, it really torks me. One word, Clode. Like you said, 3 goals in 3 games, let's just change up the 4th line, that might do it. Oh wait, it was only the 4th line that scored last game.... :help:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
There must have been some guy who started on the 4th line and worked his way up to the 1st/2nd line? Some guy who leads his team in goals now? Who IS that guy I'm thinking about? :sarcasm:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
There must have been some guy who started on the 4th line and worked his way up to the 1st/2nd line? Some guy who leads his team in goals now? Who IS that guy I'm thinking about? :sarcasm:

Exactly.

Take a poll of AHL players and ask them to choose between 4th line in the NHL or top 6 in the AHL bet I know their answer.

If the kid succeeds he will earn his ice.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
numbers.

" Teams are limited to just four “regular†recalls after the NHL trade deadline through the end of the regular season. Not counting toward this total are “emergency†recalls made under emergency conditions, meaning the team’s roster has been reduced below the level of two goaltenders, six defensemen and 12 forwards. In the case of an emergency recall, the player can only remain with the team for the duration of the roster emergency, after which he must be immediately returned to the club from which he was recalled. Also not counting toward this total are recalls of loaned players (ie. players on the team’s 90-man reserve list who were assigned to a minor, junior or European league) whose regular season/playoff schedules have been completed."

http://www.nhlfreeagents.com/#!roster-rules-deadline/cdaa

"With the Bruins going through a bit of a scoring slump, Vatrano was in Boston on Tuesday, joining the team as the second of their four post-trade deadline call-ups. (Noel Acciari was the first.) He has been, as has been well-documented, a revelation in the AHL, with 33 goals in 33 games, leading the league by six goals while playing 21 fewer games than the second-leading scorer."
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ank-vatrano/PwkGVJ9DTEKJP4xFozibiP/story.html

Thanks. Didn't know that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I really do not Nose.... who could it be??

Exactly.

Take a poll of AHL players and ask them to choose between 4th line in the NHL or top 6 in the AHL bet I know their answer.

If the kid succeeds he will earn his ice.

Would be nice if this was October like when we had time to break Marchand in, but 3 point lead over the golf course and only a handful of games left.

22 goals for in our last 11 games. Hitting our play-off stride. This is no time to try to win 0-0 as the 'Great Eight" has said.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Would be nice if this was October like when we had time to break Marchand in, but 3 point lead over the golf course and only a handful of games left.

22 goals for in our last 11 games. Hitting our play-off stride. This is no time to try to win 0-0 as the 'Great Eight" has said.

Take out the Pens game and you have 17 goals in 10.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I took some time off from posting and took in all the games form the WC the last week or so.
I had written in one thread that the WC trip would define this tema for me where it would stand and its competitiveness going forward.

The team did flash some improvement but it also flashed its flaws that the team unfortunately still has especially on the back end.
Offensively, this team needs to run on all cylinders if they want to give themselves a chance to succeed going forward.
Krecji showed a better game out West but for me it was still not good enough since he is a vital player in the success of this team.
Havng LE and Pasta should be good enough for him to bring back his A game and not his lack luster efforts which we have seen too often the last while.
Their destiny in in their own hands and not the other teams, they must come out victorious and bring this winning momentum heading to the po's.

If they can achieve offensively to find their groove and dominate with it this can give the the break the back end needs to establish a more secure and systematic play from our Dmen.
Our PP has disappeared in thin air and Hayes and Connoly have been anemic and have not contributed too much in other aspects of the game.
Beleskey has not contributed on the score sheet any more than Hayes and Connoly but at least he does work rogoriously and attempts to make things happen.
Marchand seems to be trying to do too much too quick with the puck, he should just play the game with a tad less zip in his game to allow him to handle the puck properly and securely.

Krug is a spark plug on the back end and he obviously has the best talent offensively and he really is suffering with confidence in scoring and it shows.
The sharks game is a perfect example of it, where he had the golden goal on his stick and shot exactly on the logo of the Ducks net minder.
Krug needs to find a way to get his shots through traffic and hopefully score a couple to change his mind set.
If he does not, the tam will obviously suffer because of it.

I guess what I am saying is this team has shown they can compete hard and at the same time a team that will keep struggling unless the offense starts to play they way they know they can.
The additions have infused enough energy and talent to just make them balanced enough to compete a higher level when they are all in sync.
If this can come back into fruition we can see a team that if they do make the po's, one that will cause head aches and steal a few rounds too.

Go Bruins Go!!!
Good Luck to all us Fans!!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It would really dynamic in the O zone but horrifying in the defensive zone. Krejci is good defensively but he isn't always good at covering the defensive weaknesses of his line mates.

I still want Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta. Claude denies me.

Would be better than the Lucic-Spooner-Pasta line because Beleskey hustles every shift. Not as good creating chances like Lucic was here, but could open a lot of room.

63-37-20
72-46-21
39-51-88
14-55-64/11/29

Seems easy enough to me.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I agree 100% that Vatrano should play with Krejci and Eriksson.
Belesky, Spooner and Pasta.

Productive 2nd and 3rd lines.
The 4th line can be a new collection each night - depending on performance.

Connelly, Hayes, Acciari, Ferraro, Randell.
Any one of those guys (except maybe Randell) can play centre.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Having Frank on the 4th does have a benefit, in a way - every player above him knows that there's a guy waiting to take their place if they don't perform. Maybe we'll see some better performances from the usual suspects

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Having Frank on the 4th does have a benefit, in a way - every player above him knows that there's a guy waiting to take their place if they don't perform. Maybe we'll see some better performances from the usual suspects

Hayes deserves pressbox.Never happen.Only 9 games left and he still getting regular shift and pp time to boot..Watch Randall sit .lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad