GDT: Game #74 3/23 7 PM - Tampa Bay at BRUINS | NESN, TVAS (French), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Nothing short of a win is required. Shall see what this group is really made of given they have put themselves into a situation where they now have no margin for error. Get it done.

Let's Go Bruins!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Is Schaller ready to go yet?

I'd love to see a forward line-up devoid of Belesky, Hayes, Nash and Acciari. Those 4 have combined for all of 9 goals and 15 assists in over 189 man games, which is terrible production, just awful.

And this game is a must-win. Lose this one and the next in regulation, and Boston's goose is pretty much cooked.

Sorry to upset you with these terrible bottom 6 lines from the morning skate:

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pasta
Vatrano-Spooner-Acciari (yuck)
Beleskey-Moore-Nash (.....)

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-Miller

I have no clue why they would try Acciari on that RW but they wouldn't try Czarnik...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pasta

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-Miller

I have no clue why they would try Acciari on that RW but they wouldn't try Czarnik...

I have no clue why No-goal Acciari is even on the roster to be honest. I'd rather Jimmy Hayes in that RW spot and I'm dead serious. Or Czarnik (who actually displayed decent chemistry with Spooner back in late Dec./early Jan.).

About the only positive I can see in this line-up is Belesky demoted to the 4th line.

We have a player who has ZERO goals in 40 NHL games on the RW of the 3rd line. Think about that.

Shame on Sweeney for even giving Cassidy the option of using Acciari.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Depth guys need to step up tonight with a goal - Marchand and Pasta are cooling down.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
The one thing I dont understand.

Moore has actually been pretty creative this entire season.....why has he never been bumped up to the 3rd line?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Moore has actually been pretty creative this entire season.....why has he never been bumped up to the 3rd line?

It's a great question.

For my money, he's a better offensive player than Riley Nash, whose centered the 3rd line at times this season.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Great question. Earlier in the year I was against this, but at this point why not do:

Vatrano-Krejci-Pasta
Moore-Spooner-Stafford
Beleskey-Nash-Hayes/Acciari

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Acciari actually hustles and can throw some mean hits but he doesn't belong anywhere above the 4th line

Him and Beleskey will probably be swapped after a period or so

Beleskey-Spooner-Vatrano

A guy who can pass in Spooner. A guy who can shoot in Vatrano. A guy who can muck in Beleskey

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pasta

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-Miller

I don't understand that bottom 6. Acciari and Nash provide zero offense. This makes it look like lineup decisions are not entirely the coach's decision and Clode may not be the one to blame for some of what he did with lineup decisions.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I called it the perfect hockey game - wide open and not a single penalty was called and it ended 1-0 for the good guys. There may never have been a better Game 7 in the entire history of the NHL.

The refs that night were Dan O'Halloran & Stephen Walkom. :handclap:

Once upon a time O'Halloran used to call a good game, now with the Leafs back as a decent team, things have changed. I know I should just let that late TO penalty gift against us go, but I can't.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Tampa is currently rolling with a center spine of Point-Namestnikov-Gourde-Dumont. Not sure if I've seen a team that decimated by injuries to a specific position. Still have those 4 great top 6 wingers, but if the B's can't cash in on those injuries at this point in the season in such a key match-up, they absolutely do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Almost makes me wish for Backes as the 3C to take advantage of that as much as you can.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I actually like the look of that but our 4th line would probably spend the entire game scrambling to get the puck out of our zone.

I'd ideally want a different 4th line too, but with what we are given right now that's about the best we can do. :help:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This really bugs me and hear me out.

The Lightning had their morning skate at TD Garden and now their room is set and the players go back to the hotel.

The Bruins had their morning skate at Warrior and then head home and the equipment guys now have to move everything from Brighton to TD.

Indirectly that gives the Lightning a slight advantage.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Searching for offense after three straight losses, the Bruins revamped their lines Thursday morning ahead of their 7 p.m. matchup vs. the Lightning at the Garden.

Drew Stafford, a career right wing, moved up to second-line left wing in the workout at Warrior Ice Arena, riding with David Krejci and David Pastrnak.

Matt Beleskey, Krjeci’s left wing in losses to Toronto and Ottawa, slipped to a No. 4 line with Dominic Moore and Riley Nash. Noel Acciari moved up to third-line duty and will start the night with Frank Vatrano an Ryan Spooner.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ursday-game/6VdTuaOY2COhYqZTrOYqoN/story.html

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

The Lightning had their morning skate at TD Garden and now their room is set and the players go back to the hotel.

The Bruins had their morning skate at Warrior and then head home and the equipment guys now have to move everything from Brighton to TD.

How? The equipment guys don't have to play the game, and the bruins have been in Boston for a few days now. If the commute from Brighton and back fatigues them to the point they are at a disadvantage, this team has serious problems and we need to make wholesale roster changes over the summer, tired of the excuses

Need to win this game, if they lose, 14th overall really starts to become a distinct possibility

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

What?

If anyone, and I mean one single player, on the Bruins is the least bit affected by this, then Boston deserves to lose.

That's like the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. When they show up to the Garden tonight everything they need is going to be where it's supposed to be.

Asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad