Post-Game Talk: GAME 73 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 3

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Character win.

I thought the B's pushback, led by some of the guys who weren't here last year, caught Florida off guard. After the first goal, the Panthers thought they'd crash and bang their way to another victory. But Wotherspoon stood up to Tkachuk's antics immediately after.

It's a fine line between winning and losing. If they had held on to half the blown leads, they'd have first place locked up. So tightening up mental lapses like last night's opening, as well as chronic late period goals, and this team could go far. Of course it won't be easy, and they will age all of us significantly in the process; but I'm not counting them out!

The psychology of hockey is interesting. After a chippy, chirpy affair, players on both teams were complimentary of their opponents post-game.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He has been solid, Nice to see he try's to make plays out of the zone and likes to skate with it
But,but, but "Fans from Columbus said that he kicks puppy's and doesn't shave every day." The bitching by some here (NOT you) was ridiculous. Harping on his stats etc is so sickening.
He's been a breath of fresh air, pushing people out of the crease, standing up for his goaltenders/teammates is pure gold.
I don't care that the B's are paying the full nut, he's worth every penny.
Sweeney hit on him, Brazeau, Boquist and finally Beecher is playing big boy hockey. I have to give Sweeney 2 thumbs up.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
They don't mean shit the other way either. Though it's not a good sign if the Bruins lose against a team playing a playoff-like game; tight checking, physical, heavy forecheck, clogging up the zone, smothering defence, etc. Not saying they are losing those types of games, but that is a better indicator than "They swept them in the regular season!"

So it's not a good sign if they lose to a playoff team during the regular season. But if they beat them, it doesn't mean anything because the regular season = pfffft. Looks like it's always raining in Boston these days.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Great overall game. Probably one of the best all around efforts we’ve seen. Good to see us even getting some puck luck due to hustle plays

Reactions: NDiesel and lopey

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So it's not a good sign if they lose to a playoff team during the regular season. But if they beat them, it doesn't mean anything because the regular season = pfffft. Looks like it's always raining in Boston these days.

Strawman. I never said anything of the such, so please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Context is everything.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
They take it personally when a bruin loses a fight, never seen anything quite like it

New era it seems, fans and team alike.

Frederic was well within his right to challenge Bennett to a fight later on and Bennett almost certainly obliges understanding his role in Lindholm's fight.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It’s a new era- for the league.

Tell that to Florida and others.

Florida is overrated in a hockey sense. Including their playoff run. Bruins can beat them at hockey. Next time, Bennett will be bullying Pastrnak if a scrum arises. Which is very capable of leading to injuries that build up across a series.

It is the bullying/spot picking and forechecking physicality that sets them apart in the playoffs.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
New era it seems, fans and team alike.

Frederic was well within his right to challenge Bennett to a fight later on and Bennett almost certainly obliges understanding his role in Lindholm's fight.
What's the point of it though? Lindholm fought back. Bennett isn't going to stop being a rat (and neither is Tkachuk or Cousins for that matter). So what's the point in taking one of your better forwards off the ice for 5 minutes late in the game when Lindholm already responded?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What's the point of it though? Lindholm fought back. Bennett isn't going to stop being a rat (and neither is Tkachuk or Cousins for that matter). So what's the point in taking one of your better forwards off the ice for 5 minutes late in the game when Lindholm already responded?
Not to mention what if he had been in the box during the time he scored to tie it? Just not smart

And seeing as how Bennett spot-picked Lindholm it’s FAR from a guarantee he would’ve gone with Frederic anyway, especially late in a close game after having already fought. It’s not like he’s a plug, he’s one of Florida’s better players. That’s just a nonsense assumption

I said it a month or two ago- these people just want Frederic to jump guys. That’s not who he is so they’re gonna be bitching for awhile

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Did you not read the quote box when I replied?

Yes, I did. And your interpretation of that quote is quite lacking in context, as I already said. Not to mention you changed "playoff-like game" to "playoff team". I further suggest you take a gander at the entire conversation.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
gotta question monty why shattenkirk played against nyr instead of wotherspoon.
great play by wotherspoon standing the line keeping that puck in for the gwg.
i yhought mcavoy peake and wotherspoon all played great. the other 3 D looked scared out there.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yes, I did. And your interpretation of that quote is quite lacking in context, as I already said. Not to mention you changed "playoff-like game" to "playoff team". I further suggest you take a gander at the entire conversation.

Oh boy! Excuse me, " playoff like game ". Can't lose those, because that's not a good sign. But when they win a playoff like game, regular season doesn't mean shit is the cop-out. I can't further contextualize the half glass focus you have here.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Oh boy! Excuse me, " playoff like game ". Can't lose those, because that's not a good sign. But when they win a playoff like game, regular season doesn't mean shit is the cop-out. I can't further contextualize the half glass focus you have here.

I'm sorry you need to boil the subtlety of my posts down to such absolutes in order to paint me with an accusation that is so far from my actual stance that you aren't even on the same continent as me. But if it makes you feel better, so be it. I'm a big boy, and your understanding and/or approval of my opinion, like regulat season stats, don't mean shit.

PS- I said nothing about winning a playoff like game. However, it would certainly be a far better indicator of future playoff success than merely listing a record without any context. But you do you, dude.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PB37

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They won, and it's good, but you could also see things in this game that will be a problem if we meet them in the playoffs. Tkachuk got away with his crap and got to them. Bennett was Bennett. There were net front issues. If we meet it'll be ugly and there will be mostly ugly goals. idk if we will be able to handle that over 7 games.
It was nice to see Freddy score but imo in a game like that he needs to be the more physical Frederic and not the playmaker Frederic. It was good to see Brazeau throw a few hits though. More of that please. Same for Lauko. Lauko needs to evolve into a Florida style pest and get under THEIR skin.

The main key for me is we were good when we beat them at their game. Heavy forecheck. That'll be the key to any future playoff success.

Peeke and Wotherspoon solid as a third pairing. Barrign injury Shattenkirk should not play another game imo. Some encouraging signs.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Caption this picture. I'll start.

Chucky and Smitty might have been banned for life from Amerant Bank Arena, but becoming legends in Southie was well worth it.

mrtzutmy9sqc1.jpeg
I just made this my laptop wallpaper. Epic!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad