Post-Game Talk: GAME 73 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 3

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ditto.
I detest when players get grabbed around the neck from behind and get their heads twisted.
If that happened to me I'd I take the butt and of my stick and start jabbing over my shoulder with it into their face.
I have no code.:D

My brother used to bite them. Even did it to a linesman once when he tried to pull him out of a scrum. Linesman told my father he was going for rabies shots "Because your kid is an animal!".

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He offered repeatedly- FLA wanted none of it.

His biggest problem around here is that he isn't a dirty player or a headhunter.

That PP goal looks good on him
Just blows me away posters wanting Freddy to goon it up. He's not quick enough to be a banger and he certainly is not a goon.

Get over it and be satisfied he can fight when he is offered and he can score some big goals.

Andrew peeke plus 4 in last 6 games . I like it I like it.
Great trade, He will only get better

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What gets me is that I still think this is America and you have the right (and you pay for it at these things) to scream, swear at players etc. You don't have the right to throw things and touch anyone not agreeing with you.
These two guys aren't doing anything most fans would probably do.
For "security" to reprimand them to that degree is kind of ridiculous IMO.
I'm sure if they did anything like what I mentioned above police would've been taking them out. Those security guys were acting like dickwads, acting as though they had any power to control what they were saying even if they were giving the finger it's still their right to do it. Oh, and f*** the Florida Panthers and the horse they rode in on.

Actually, most arenas have rules against player abuse or profanity in general. How much they enforce them is another story, but it's in the rules.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Maroon-Boqvist-Beecher
Lauko/JVR

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
Lohrei-Shattenkirk

Ullmark
Swayman

That should be game 1 line up for the playoffs assuming Maroon is ready to go.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
In my defense we got slapped around pretty good the first half of the game.

I think we needed to get punched right in the teeth to wake us up. It worked. We needed a game like this to get out of our funk. Thanks, Panthers!

I'm not calling out anyone in particular. There's plenty of people who critique the Bruins game which is fine. I'm talking for the people saying the season is over, trade Swayman, bench Pastrnak, etc etc

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Nice win, but boy is this team soft. Can’t wait for Maroon to draw in. Can’t let Bennett get away with that shit on Hampus.

Marchand has to tone down his temper tantrums also, looks like a goof & that’s not how you captain. Refs are gonna ignore you more with antics like the last two games.
(Yes Philly should have been a knee, but he clearly chopped the dudes stick last night (I’m pretty sure, nesn glitched out on the replay so I didn’t see the replay))

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Maroon-Boqvist-Beecher
Lauko/JVR

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
Lohrei-Shattenkirk

Ullmark
Swayman

I don't love breaking up the 4th, but I think you have it right. This is the way.

Reactions: Dizzay and NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Maroon-Boqvist-Beecher
Lauko/JVR

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
Lohrei-Shattenkirk

Ullmark
Swayman

I like it. JVR can slot in for Brazeau/Maroon depending on opponent and if they need some more scoring.

Reactions: Dizzay and Ladyfan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Nice win, but boy is this team soft. Can’t wait for Maroon to draw in. Can’t let Bennett get away with that shit on Hampus.

Marchand has to tone down his temper tantrums also, looks like a goof & that’s not how you captain. Refs are gonna ignore you more with antics like the last two games.
(Yes Philly should have been a knee, but he clearly chopped the dudes stick last night (I’m pretty sure, nesn glitched out on the replay so I didn’t see the replay))

The penalty was called interfence.... which makes me think he got away with the slash, but they thought Marchand did something else to warrent a penalty, which I think is what he was pissed about.

Also, I think you're off about the Bruins being soft last night. They all played hard and were physical last night.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
The penalty was called interfence.... which makes me think he got away with the slash, but they thought Marchand did something else to warrent a penalty, which I think is what he was pissed about.

Also, I think you're off about the Bruins being soft last night. They all played hard and were physical last night.
Like i said many times some poster think toughness means everytime one of our players is touched we should beat the crap out of that player. Not 1970 hockey anymore

Reactions: PB37 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Like i said many times some poster think toughness means everytime one of our players is touched we should beat the crap out of that player. Not 1970 hockey anymore
They take it personally when a bruin loses a fight, never seen anything quite like it

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

I’m more a guy in these after whistle scrums. Can’t let Bennett do that to Hampus. Or go start a scrum infront of Floridas net and grab the softest guy on the ice, pull his helmet off and hold him on the ice.

Or Hathaway the other game, guy had free shots after every whistle. Swayman may be the toughest guy/mixer upper on the team right now lol.

Just seems there’s very little repercussions for anything. Not saying start every game with a line brawl

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Heinen-Zacha-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Maroon-Boqvist-Beecher
Lauko/JVR

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
Lohrei-Shattenkirk

Ullmark
Swayman

I like it I like it. I'm in. The only thing is like shatty for pp 2. Grez does nothing for me. Sub him in.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Cam Neely did an interview once talking about Lemieux and /or Samuelsson and how they didn’t play an honest game where they backed up their on ice actions, I feel like that description fits Tkachuk 99% of the time too.
Talented and gritty player but faux tough guy.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This was a very important win for this team. They showed that they could come back late in the game and hold a lead against a very good team. It may be one of the most important wins this season.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019

Marchand did nothing that was worth a penalty for interference. Beers kept going on about it, he reviewed the play in question, a number of times, he found nothing to warrant a penalty against Marchand.
It was a phantom call!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad