GDT: Game 73: Coyotes @ Panthers - 4:30 PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Entire third period has been Florida having its way with the Coyotes. Didn't even take them out for dinner first.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Tippett is more of a GM than a Coach at this time of the year. He plays Holland and McGinn with a minute left and down two goals:laugh:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I didn't back track much on this post so pardon if I repeat anything.

I love the excuses in the post-game (why didn't I stick with the opposing feed?). Matt tried to say the turning point was the wacky goal. Tyson corrected disagreed but then focused on blaming Chychrun (a young defenseman and how youth make mistakes yada yada). To me, the turning point was Smitty's stupidity (getting caught behind the net. I know he likes to wander, but that seems like much more of a pivotal mistake than Chychrun's. Don't get me wrong that was pretty bad on Chych's part, but they just glossed over Smith's major screw up.

Strangely enough, I thought Tipp did a better job of reaction to the mistakes in the post-game interview this time and avoided some of the typical bs he spews.

And, as we all know, the AZ interviewers are just horrible and always trying to make excuses or shifting the blame where it isn't needed. This may have been one of the better coach's reaction post-game than I've seen in a while. Of course part of that may be the fact that it was only 3 minutes :)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I didn't back track much on this post so pardon if I repeat anything.

I love the excuses in the post-game (why didn't I stick with the opposing feed?). Matt tried to say the turning point was the wacky goal. Tyson corrected disagreed but then focused on blaming Chychrun (a young defenseman and how youth make mistakes yada yada). To me, the turning point was Smitty's stupidity (getting caught behind the net. I know he likes to wander, but that seems like much more of a pivotal mistake than Chychrun's. Don't get me wrong that was pretty bad on Chych's part, but they just glossed over Smith's major screw up.

Strangely enough, I thought Tipp did a better job of reaction to the mistakes in the post-game interview this time and avoided some of the typical bs he spews.

And, as we all know, the AZ interviewers are just horrible and always trying to make excuses or shifting the blame where it isn't needed. This may have been one of the better coach's reaction post-game than I've seen in a while. Of course part of that may be the fact that it was only 3 minutes :)

Florida is a good team with a lot of talent, but injuries hurt them this year. Smitty's mistake started it all, but Chychrun may have had his worst game in a long time, had turn overs galore, and then Murphy pinches at the wrong time and the game is over. Over all, the team played poorly, no jump, couldn't complete passes etc. etc. Vets and rookies all too blame for this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad