GDT: Game 73: Colorado Avalanche @ Chicago Blackhawks | Tuesday, March 20th | 6:30pm MT

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm sorry, the correct answer was this:

Bx0YjdOCQAMsGBf.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm totally playing Doctor here with very limited knowledge, but I would have wrapped Soderberg up in a bubble and kept him in Denver away from everyone if there was any sign of illness at all. The last thing this team needs is a flu bug. I realize Soderberg playing gives this team a much greater chance at winning but his illness getting around could be a painful obstacle down the stretch,

Here's to hoping it's what he ate!!

Completely agree.

Weren't the Avs suffering from a flu bug that was going around the team right after our 10 game winning streak ended? I remember after we lost to Montreal a lot of us were saying the odds were stacked against them that night being the 2nd night of a B2B on the road with a team fighting the flu or something like that.

We went 1-3-1 in that stretch right after the streak ended as well, definitely dont want another flu hitting this team now as we can't afford to go 1-3-1 in our next 5 right now.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yoo serious?
Dead. I already know what ghetto brings to the team. Speed, poor board play, poor defense and next to no offense even before he got injured. I want to see what Kamenev can do for more than 1 game especially if Bednar is going to play Kerfoot. Kerfoot is the one guy I wouldn't mind sitting for a few.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Dead. I already know what ghetto brings to the team. Speed, poor board play, poor defense and next to no offense even before he got injured. I want to see what Kamenev can do for more than 1 game especially if Bednar is going to play Kerfoot. Kerfoot is the one guy I wouldn't mind sitting for a few.
Agreed here. I know a couple of our college guys were worn down around the game#60 mark, and have been pushing through since. I’d like to see some rotation of the younger guys who haven’t played a full season yet, even if just for one game, to help them recover.

Reactions: cgf

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm very intrigued and hopeful for Kamenev and want him to play, but not at the expense of Sven and/or wins. If the season was lost sure, have him play and give him a bigger role. But when every point matters we can't afford to go through the growing pains of a rookie coming off a long term injury.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Couldn't agree more on the whole BSN sentiment that they are pushing casual fans to purchase. I actually enjoy following all of those guys on Twitter for some quick information, but the more they push the subscription the less I feel compelled to do it.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Can anyone summarize that Lebrun article? Not subscribed to the athletic

Mostly about how the guys had a big chip on their shoulder to prove we're better than what last year showed, different mindset, guys love coming to the rink again, it's a very tight group. Some quotes from anonymous GMs saying that MacKinnon is the driving force behind us (obvi).

Also this one quote:
"Landeskog is just happy he’s around to enjoy all this. Last season before the trade deadline, his name was out there, not because Colorado was putting it out there but because teams were calling hoping to vulture the Swedish winger off the last-place Avs who were looking to rebuild.
Thing is, Landeskog wanted to be part of that rebuild.

“Definitely relieved. I never wanted to be moved, I never wanted to go anywhere,” he said. “I wanted to stay here and be part of the solution instead of jumping ship and leaving and going somewhere else. Everyone goes through adversity. Sure last year was miserable, but it was a big motivation being part of the solution. No doubt I’m happy I’m here, my mindset never changed. I want to be in Colorado for a long time.’’

The way the team looks now, you can see why.
Hockey is fun again. The Avs as a group are a tight unit."

I doubt he meant it in a way to throw shade at Duchene, and more-so just about him personally, but that's the first thing that jumped out to me when I read it.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If Avs played Vegas right now, I'd be confident we'd be going to the second round.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I subscribe to BSN. It's cheap and I enjoy having more Avs content. I'm not exactly expecting '60 Minutes' level reporting. Dater is a goof, AJ is great with the numbers and stats, and Montano keeps the podcasts moving along decently.

The $5 or whatever it is per month is more than worth it. I don't know how anyone would expect them to produce content without subscription. You can't live off retweets and upvotes.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

Reactions: The Merchant

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I subscribe to BSN. It's cheap and I enjoy having more Avs content. I'm not exactly expecting '60 Minutes' level reporting. Dater is a goof, AJ is great with the numbers and stats, and Montano keeps the podcasts moving along decently.

The $5 or whatever it is per month is more than worth it. I don't know how anyone would expect them to produce content without subscription. You can't live off retweets and upvotes.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

giphy.gif

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I take it you don't like BSN

I mean I have my complaints about them, they're far from perfect, I appreciate what they're trying to do and hope they continue to grow. But there's definitely some things that have rubbed me the wrong way.

Also I can never turn down a chance to post a Lucille GIF.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Excited for this one. Huge game especially considering that the Kings are in Winnipeg tonight. A W from us an an L from them would absolutely huge. Go Avs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad