Post-Game Talk: GAME #73 - Canucks def. Blackhawks - 3-2 (OT) (Edler, Granlund, Horvat)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
And in what way will his play in these ten games alter your plan in the off season?

It's not about his play, it's about him staying healthy. If he has any symptoms during these last 10 games then you need to plan next year's roster without him.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
It's been an interesting season, the team was competing for a spot right up until after the all-star break. That's when they collapsed in an epic manner and when most teams turn up their compete level. Should be a good learning experience for the Canucks young core.

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
I find the 'playing for jobs' comment that's constantly said is garbage. If an AHL-lifer has a stellar 10 games, you think he gets automatically put on the starting line-up in the fall? No.

These 10 games should be for young players to get a taste of NHL action and learn. Playing Beagle 17 minutes and giving Gaudette 10 doesn't help anyone.

Reactions: m9

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I don't know how you can legitimately get a young team like this to drop games though. That's kind of the anti-thesis of competitive sport, could even be construed as cheating. Like... are we expecting Green to go in and tell the team to lose for hughes?

Are we just expecting the team to be so bad they lose every game to teams on the same level/even worse than them? These are still players who will always play to try to win, still players always playing for their next contracts or even just spots in the lineup. Even when the games aren't meaningful for fans in terms of playoff position, but more in draft position, every game in the NHL is meaningful for players especially fringe NHLers which the Canucks are stacked with.

I laughed at the "could even be construed as cheating" line. File under "Duh"...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Usually a good game, and a good atmosphere when these two teams meet....I'm guessing its Demko in net, hopefully he doesn't hear 'Chelsea Dagger' too many times.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
No kidding.

These games are meaningless. Give him another 6 months off to rest his brain. Rushing him back now is absolutely idiotic.

They’re obviously not meaningless to the coach and the GM as they’re riding Edler 30 mins every single night lately and riding Markstrom in the ground

Reactions: Hemty

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I am so glad that Edler is continuing to play 30 minutes per game because it's really important to know if he's an NHL player or not
Out of all the things that could incriminate this regime for being out of their depth as managers of an NHL team, it's that 5 years into their tenure, they still have to lean this heavily on Edler. What makes it even more hilarious, is the #2 minute man on the blueline last game was also in the org when Benning arrived and it was Bulldog.

How anyone can perform an internal audit, see that, and think the guy in charge is doing a good job is beyond me.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Out of all the things that could incriminate this regime for being out of their depth as managers of an NHL team, it's that 5 years into their tenure, they still have to lean this heavily on Edler. What makes it even more hilarious, is the #2 minute man on the blueline last game was also in the org when Benning arrived and it was Bulldog.

How anyone can perform an internal audit, see that, and think the guy in charge is doing a good job is beyond me.

The fans of this team really really deserve better than more of this poor management going forward. It really is time for the ownership to get a real grip on what has happened over the past 5 years and make sweeping changes. There has to be some common sense not to let Benning and Weisbrod go into free agency and create more long term disasters, or hold this team back with continuing abysmal asset management.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's been an interesting season, the team was competing for a spot right up until after the all-star break. That's when they collapsed in an epic manner and when most teams turn up their compete level. Should be a good learning experience for the Canucks young core.
They were on track for 83 points, they are on track for 80 now. SFA difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad