Post-Game Talk: GAME #73 - Canucks def. Blackhawks - 3-2 (OT) (Edler, Granlund, Horvat)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
2x94Cnj.jpg

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
"EPettersson is now tied with Ivan Hlinka and Pavel Bure for the most points by a #Canucks rookie in franchise history! (60)"

Hlinka - 32 year old rookie.:laugh: Was a legit star in his prime, a shame he got him on the downside of his career - course I doubt he would've been let out of the country if he was in his prime (different world back then, eg., "cold war" and all).

I don't remember the entire story regarding his and Bubla's acquisition; only that it wasn’t hosher. Jake Milford (I think it was him) signed them anyway & I think the league fined the Canucks.

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
When is Hughes supposed to ready to play? I'm bummed because I was hoping to get a chance to see him when the Hawks play you guys tomorrow.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The rivalry ain’t what it used to be.
Here’s to a good game tomorrow

Yeah, kinda miss the old rivalry. Those were some great games. Just think of all the players that were so huge that are no longer with our teams anymore - especially you guys. I could be wrong but is Edler the only player left from your 2011 Cup team? Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Luongo and on and on. The Hawks still have Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and Crawford but lot's of very important players are gone - Hossa, Sharp, Byfuglien, Hjalmarsson, Campbell, Ladd, Bolland and a bunch of others.

So yeah - here's to a good game and let's keep it clean, shall we. :nod:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah, kinda miss the old rivalry. Those were some great games. Just think of all the players that were so huge that are no longer with our teams anymore - especially you guys. I could be wrong but is Edler the only player left from your 2011 Cup team? Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Luongo and on and on. The Hawks still have Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and Crawford but lot's of very important players are gone - Hossa, Sharp, Byfuglien, Hjalmarsson, Campbell, Ladd, Bolland and a bunch of others.

Benning managed to turn that into a mighty rebuild haul of Goldobin, Sutter and ..... no that's all.

So yeah - here's to a good game and let's keep it clean, shall we. :nod:

We can battle for 1st overall now (picks that is).

Last edited:
Reactions: hellstick

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I could be wrong but is Edler the only player left from your 2011 Cup team?
Yup.. pretty much.
Unless you want to include the current corpse of Tanev.. he didn’t play any of the hawks series tho. Played a mere 73 mins in those playoffs. Consider him part of the post 2011 run era.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Just because it’s never to late to screw the tank, this looks like a stellar opportunity for the Canucks to win back-to-back games

4-2

Pettersson x2
Boeser
Brisebois

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
They'll probably play Markstrom again. Gotta make that final playoff push.
Think I saw something like a 75% chance somehow last game if they managed to go 11-0.

Not so sure about that math at all. :huh:

Anyways, it's frustrating that they didn't make a push earlier when it still mattered. But this section of the schedule is pretty soft, so I'm expecting us to make a very upsetting stretch of games for basically all the fans hoping for a high lottery pick.

I don't know how you can legitimately get a young team like this to drop games though. That's kind of the anti-thesis of competitive sport, could even be construed as cheating. Like... are we expecting Green to go in and tell the team to lose for hughes?

Are we just expecting the team to be so bad they lose every game to teams on the same level/even worse than them? These are still players who will always play to try to win, still players always playing for their next contracts or even just spots in the lineup. Even when the games aren't meaningful for fans in terms of playoff position, but more in draft position, every game in the NHL is meaningful for players especially fringe NHLers which the Canucks are stacked with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad