GDT: Game # 73 - Blues in Boston @ 6pm CST

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Jack Edwards is the most egregious homer announcer in pro sports. He has built his entire career around portraying the Bruins as angels trying to take the high road in a league full of knuckle dragging goons who can only compete with the perfect Bruins by cheating to win. Every Bruins game viewed in Boston is a constant reminder that every other team is dirty and anything bad Boston does was something they were forced to do even though they didn't want to.

Of course Bruins fans are the way that they are.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
how are the chicken tendies and pizza at bobbys place. is it any good?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Jack Edwards is the most egregious homer announcer in pro sports. He has built his entire career around portraying the Bruins as perfect angels trying to take the high road in a league full of knuckle dragging goons who can only compete with the perfect Bruins by cheating to win. Every Bruins game viewed in Boston is a constant reminder that every other team is dirty and anything bad Boston does was something they were forced to do even though they didn't want to.

It’s the same exact reason why the Avalanche fans are the way they are as well. Absolute two worst broadcast teams in hockey.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Why are they salty? We were the bigger, more physical and better team.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
it actually their second game back, they played in the fall of 2019 before covid hit.

boston fans are just butthurt that their team chokes on home ice in the finals consistently. remember when the hawks scored 2 goals in like the last 90 seconds to win the cup LMAO. rask's only cup comes from tim thomas winning it for him
Oh! That first game was in Boston. Thanks.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Pizza is excellent. If you like OB Clark's pizza you'll love it. I usually get that, a burger or the chicken parm sandwich.
That's the best chicken parm I've ever had in a bar food setting. Definitely will have to try the pizza. The Lord Stanley's loaded fries are chalk full of sodium but worth every bit of the shame.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Assuming Krug is fully healthy I'm interested to see what the defensive pairings will be. I'd like to see Krug back with Faulk and Leddy slide down to the third pair.

Leddy - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Bortuzzo

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Jack Edwards is the most egregious homer announcer in pro sports. He has built his entire career around portraying the Bruins as perfect angels trying to take the high road in a league full of knuckle dragging goons who can only compete with the perfect Bruins by cheating to win. Every Bruins game viewed in Boston is a constant reminder that every other team is dirty and anything bad Boston does was something they were forced to do even though they didn't want to.

Edwards whole shtick is emblematic of how Boston fans are, regardless of the sport. They’re somehow always persecuted, and the under dog, but simultaneously always the better team no matter what. People up here think the bitterness other fanbases show them is jealously, but in reality it’s because they’re miserable to interact with.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Scandella and Parayko have been really good of late. Would keep them together. Also gives Borts someone who can help get puck out.

That would be a balanced 3 pairings.

Although by history of Scandella's career, I wouldn't expect this to continue for long.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
it actually their second game back, they played in the fall of 2019 before covid hit.

boston fans are just butthurt that their team chokes on home ice in the finals consistently. remember when the hawks scored 2 goals in like the last 90 seconds to win the cup LMAO. rask's only cup comes from tim thomas winning it for him
I remember when Shaw (maybe Bickell) tied it up and then Bolland scored the game-winner. I've never liked the Bruins, but the Hawks are in a totally different category of satanic hatred.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Jack Edwards is the most egregious homer announcer in pro sports. He has built his entire career around portraying the Bruins as angels trying to take the high road in a league full of knuckle dragging goons who can only compete with the perfect Bruins by cheating to win. Every Bruins game viewed in Boston is a constant reminder that every other team is dirty and anything bad Boston does was something they were forced to do even though they didn't want to.

Next thing you know, American children will start learning about the Boston Genocide.

• Haha
Reactions: Drubilly

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I think they chose Jack Edwards because his brash style appeals to that fan base. Would be pretty sweet to beat Boston again just for old time's sake, but it won't be easy. The fact that Pastrnak and Lindholm are out certainly increase our chances of victory.

Come on boys, make Jack Edwards angry tonight!

Reactions: eibyyz and Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad