Pre-Game Talk: GAME 73 5:08 PM - THE BEAR wants a Roasted Pig Dinner in Raleigh - NESN, ESPN+, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1679813438102.png

1679813649334.png

1679813520390.png

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My dislike for the Canes, their fans, and social media crew is reaching Hab and Leaf level. Truly. f*** em all. I want to see a complete game. All around in every facet. Hit them hard. Get dirty. Get greasy. Shoot the puck. Hunt them down. Don't be lazy. Pass with a purpose. Heads need to be up. No injuries. Get the pp rolling please. I don't know how much more I can take watching its remarkable and frustrating. Fix it.

They're a good team so don't mess around. Get the win. And let them know we ain't playing around this year. Show em!

You know the drill
giphy.gif

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I really want a win but no injuries and a competitive game would be okay. Both teams played yesterday and the Canes only have 22 hours between games, Bruins had to travel though, so pretty even.

I want to see our goalie hug on their ice, their silly little routines on the ice are totally fabricated, our goalie hug is the real thing and I think the smattering of Canes fans in the building should see what real passion means.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Canes are rocking these for the game:

1679827413235.png

Which raises, the question, why did a team called the 'whalers', as in whale hunters, have a whale for a mascot? That's kind of twisted and sick, really!

1679827717453.png

Anyway, whatever colors the Canes are wearing, hope the Bruins are ready for them and put in a solid performance. The result doesn't really matter but this is as good a playoff test as they can get, so make good use of it.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

View attachment 676307

Which raises, the question, why did a team called the 'whalers', as in whale hunters, have a whale for a mascot? That's kind of twisted and sick, really!

View attachment 676308

Anyway, whatever colors the Canes are wearing, hope the Bruins are ready for them and put in a solid performance. The result doesn't really matter but this is as good a playoff test as they can get, so make good use of it.
I always wondered why the Whalers would have "Fudgie the whale" as their logo. They should have had a harpoon carrying version of the Islander's fisherman. ...Okay, maybe not him.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I always wondered why the Whalers would have "Fudgie the whale" as their logo. They should have had a harpoon carrying version of the Islander's fisherman. ...Okay, maybe not him.

1679829396242.jpeg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
There's a Canadian guy who does great watercolor paintings and sketches of hockey scenes. His latest effort is pretty, pretty good:

He is awesome, I have just requested he do one of the comeback against the Leafs. Once he does that one, I'm getting "Not in my House" and the new one (I am positive he will do it) for the Bruins Bar.

Edit to add: He is based in Toronto!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

View attachment 676307

View attachment 676308

They look like leprechauns. We know how to handle leprechauns.

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Made the trek from Boston with the family for this one, taking the 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son(his first game ever). Hope for a repeat of my now 4 year olds first away game on long island when she was 7 months old where we won 5-0 and she fell asleep because there weren’t any goal horns!

If you see two kids with crazy curls in pasta and Bergeron jerseys say hi!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Made the trek from Boston with the family for this one, taking the 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son(his first game ever). Hope for a repeat of my now 4 year olds first away game on long island when she was 7 months old where we won 5-0 and she fell asleep because there weren’t any goal horns!

If you see two kids with crazy curls in pasta and Bergeron jerseys say hi!
I love that you are going to the game!

Cheer loud for our boys and have a blast!

Where are you sitting? I will watch for the kiddos.

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Realistically the Canes should expect (and be expected) to win this one.

2nd best record in the league, strong at home and a game based on physicality.

The shoot a lot of low percentage shots, so we'll see fairly early how Swayman is feeling.
It's hard to imagine that the Bruins would be able to 'go to war' on consecutive nights if the Canes were to bring that type of game.

Canes 4 Bruins 1 - adrenaline glands running on empty after the Habs an Lightning games. State wide panic after another poor showing on the PP.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

The shoot a lot of low percentage shots, so we'll see fairly early how Swayman is feeling.
It's hard to imagine that the Bruins would be able to 'go to war' on consecutive nights if the Canes were to bring that type of game.

Canes 4 Bruins 1 - adrenaline glands running on empty after the Habs an Lightning games. State wide panic after another poor showing on the PP.
Nope.

Bs play well when they have lots of games.

3-2...Bruins

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If Greer is back today, it is his 100th game. Not bad that it took him 99 games to get a suspension.

I want Grizz to get his 100th assist today and Pasta to get his 50th goal and 600th point.

Most of all, I want Sway to get his 50th win

I need to go for a walk and run to Lamberts (hello giant salad bar) then I'll get the GDT to @Fenway by 2.

Anyone want to do my homework for me?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I don't consider the Canes a physical team, certainly not in the class of a heavy team like TB but they can be sneaky in that department, losing their Russian star hurts them in this department among other things. Last night the Leafs were clearly the more physical and hungrier team, but the Canes as good teams do found a way to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad