GDT: Game 72: Flames Coyotes - FSAZ - 7PM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
XzJbL2W.gif
That look says it all. No playoffs for Calgary. Raanta outplayed Smith.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We’ve played at a 95 point pace in calendar year 2018.

And a 107 point pace over the last 20 games.

Crazy.
Right now we are playing way over our head, but this is close to what I thought the team should play like. Too little too late, but hopefully, that light at the end of the tunnel is real. Next year I expect the playoffs.

Reactions: MIG

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
All three Coyote goals were pretty (not counting empty netters, but they were sweet too). We've got skill. Team should be in the playoffs next year.

I'd like to keep Domi. He's better than his numbers suggest.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
All three Coyote goals were pretty (not counting empty netters, but they were sweet too). We've got skill. Team should be in the playoffs next year.

I'd like to keep Domi. He's better than his numbers suggest.
We still need more skill up front. Hopefully, we can get that in this years draft. We all know, #1 is not going to happen.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Fun game to watch. I live for these "Triggered Smith" posts lol. OEL was fantastic, imo... and the team found a way to get it done. Even though it might cost the Yotes on the conditional pick, totally worth it to win. I'm all for those W's!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Fun game to watch. I live for these "Triggered Smith" posts lol. OEL was fantastic, imo... and the team found a way to get it done. Even though it might cost the Yotes on the conditional pick, totally worth it to win. I'm all for those W's!

I don’t give a crap about the pick. Just keep winning games and make it entertaining.

If we win the lottery, even better. But I’m expecting to finish 27th and pick as far back as we can hahaha

Reactions: zz

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Fun game! Watched on tape, unspoiled. Just read through the GDT with the flames too. They don't even seem to realize they might have traded Dahlin (with value added). Man, better to be just out of it than have their kind of no hope.

They also talked about how low-quality their chances were. I must admit I noted that, too. Still, fun for Raanta to start again with a high save-percentage. And fun for OEL to get his 100th, and 101st, for that matter. Keller did what? Pass on an opportunity to get an empty-netter? That kid is very nice to his team-mates. He also needs to break out the razor he possibly got for his confirmation recently, it seems he is starting to get facial hair. Ok, don't get me wrong, love this guy! :nod:

Didn't look so empty in the stands. Did people go back for Smith, or has there been some small effect of the good play?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
There were good things happening at the beginning of the season, too. They were just buried by the stupid one-off mistakes late in the games and the horrific goaltending, and everyone's obsession with our "worst start/coaching/hockey ever!!!"

Reactions: CC96

cobra427

May 6, 2012
There were good things happening at the beginning of the season, too. They were just buried by the stupid one-off mistakes late in the games and the horrific goaltending, and everyone's obsession with our "worst start/coaching/hockey ever!!!"
Thats the most positive spin ever:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Does the truth hurt?

Reactions: cobra427

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad