GDT: [Game #72] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks - 6:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #72 – 4/10/2022 – 6:00 PM CT – BSSWX
United Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Chicago Blackhawks
40-27-4, 84 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 24-36-11, 59 pts

STATS

8XzvV6l.jpg
AEO6KDx.jpg

vsV97aH.png

:stars

HF stars GDT roster.png

GVlFiFk.png

350dNtm.png

:hawks

DeBrincat - Strome - Kane
Reichel - Toews - Dach
Kubalik - Johnson - Raddysh
Katchouk - Johnson - Lefferty

De Haan - McCabe
Gustafsson - Jones
Vlasic - Jones

Lankinen

iug5VMR.png

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
A win is essential. Zero room for error now. No more slackness. Full commitment or literally go home. And try passing to sticks please, not into skates or to the other team!

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Yesterday was almost the game that broke the camels back for me. I’ll give them one more chance before I start rooting for failure just so Bowness can be let go immediately after the season.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
As dramatic as some of us have been over yesterdays loss, we still have two games in hand and our tied for the last wildcard spot with Vegas. If we win today I can forgive that pathetic loss yesterday, I kinda penciled us for a loss this weekend just thought it was gonna be today.

Reactions: MBTendy

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
"The Hawks enter Sunday's game with losses in six straight (0-4-2), including consecutive home defeats to Arizona and Seattle. They haven't played since a 2-0 loss on April 7 against the Kraken and have three games remaining on their current five-game homestand (with dates against LA and San Jose)."

We have seen this script a hundred time before. Want to break a losing streak? Play The Dallas Stars.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
As dramatic as some of us have been over yesterdays loss, we still have two games in hand and our tied for the last wildcard spot with Vegas. If we win today I can forgive that pathetic loss yesterday, I kinda penciled us for a loss this weekend just thought it was gonna be today.
Indeed. I just want to see some hunger from the players, some desire and determination. That's all. I don't expect them to be superhuman or the most talented or skillful and so on. We know they are not, especially with the coaching strategy. Just show some guts and effort please!

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Yesterday was almost the game that broke the camels back for me. I’ll give them one more chance before I start rooting for failure just so Bowness can be let go immediately after the season.

I think Bowness is gone regardless, whether we make it or not. So might as well root for success

Reactions: Elysian and JeffP

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I want them to win. I am rooting for success but I don’t think it will happen. Watching that game yesterday and listening to the commentating this coaching staff will not adjust. The PP was 1 for 24 or 25 and laxdal said nothing will change it’s on the players. What trash coaching. If it does not work adjust. You have to make adjustments not keep trotting out the same thing and hoping someday it works.

Reactions: Elysian

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Is Wedgewood starting confirmed?

No, but if I was betting I'd say he does. Bowness mentioned prior to Saturday's game that it was possible Oettinger played both games, but he's been a bit up and down lately so I'd say there's a pretty reasonable chance Wedgewood does start tonight.

The other way to look at this is they could feel desperate, and despite that collapse at the end of the game, they may see Oettinger as the best option to win.

It's honestly a little hard to say.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Don't expect an official update typically until about an hour before puck drop. Even then, sometimes Bones won't meet with the media, and you just won't find out until warmup.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
At what point do you break up the top line? It hasn’t been clicking as of late. Might as well spread the wealth

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You know what the funniest part about these line changes is?

Bowness isn't splitting up the Faksa line due to a lack of offense, he's splitting them up to try and prioritize defense on every line.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
You know what the funniest part about these line changes is?

Bowness isn't splitting up the Faksa line due to a lack of offense, he's splitting them up to try and prioritize defense on every line.
This has got to be the worst line combos so far this season. My goodness, poor Peterson.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Those bottom 6 lines are a trainwreck, but I'm all for this Raffl-Benn-Gurianov experiment. I think that might have been the second line in freaking preseason, we have truly come full circle.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'd like to offer Bowness a bit of praise here for breaking up the Raffl-Faksa-Glendenning line. Obviously, he can't scratch any of them because he's Bowness, but he did break up a line that is awful. They get scored on quite a bit more than they score. This is a net negative line.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Bowness needs to never reunuite Benn/Seguin if he cares about defense. The fact he keeps going back to it after a few games is very frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad