BRUINS GDT GAME #72 7:07 PM -Jackets Ghorm ag BRUINSÍ - Éirinn go Brách - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-3-16_13-7-5.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-0-29.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-1-16.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-23-0.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-13-29.png

Tonight's Officials

WM04.jpg
CR05.jpg

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Chris Rooney (5)
Linesmen Brian Murphy (93), Tim Nowak (77)

Ntl. Anthem Jinty McGrath

upload_2019-3-16_8-15-18.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-16-2.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-17-0.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-17-32.png

upload_2019-3-16_8-18-20.png

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Blue Jackets tonight in the 2nd of 3 games between these teams this season and the Blue Jackets’ lone visit to TD Garden … The Bruins are 42-20-9 this season and are 27-7-3 on home ice … They are 8-9-2 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents and are 23-15-4 vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins play their lone home game tonight in a span that has them playing 7 of 8 games on the road (0-3-0) … They will next face a 4-game road trip to NYI (3/19), NJ (3/21), FLA (3/23) & TB (3/25)

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Patrice Bergeron is 1 point shy of his 800th NHL point. - Torey Krug is 1 point shy of his 284th career point, which will move him past Craig Janney for the most points in team history by a U.S.-born Bruin. - Zdeno Chara is 1 goal short of his 200th NHL goal … He will become just the 22nd defenseman in NHL history to reach that milestone & 2nd active (Shea Weber).

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2018-19: 209) - Jake DeBrusk – Lower body - Matt Grzelcyk – Upper body - Marcus Johansson – Lung contusion - Torey Krug – Upper body - Kevan Miller – Upper body - David Pastrnak – 2/12 left thumb surgery

BOSTON vs COLUMBUS, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Blue Jackets are meeting for the 29th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 16-8-0-4 record and 97-78 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 8-4-0-1 lifetime vs. the Blue Jackets in Boston with a 44-34 scoring edge in those 13 contests. - The Bruins are 1-1-2 in their last 4 games vs. the Blue Jackets, including a 7-4 loss in Columbus on 3/12 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They are 12-5-2 in their last 19 overall vs. the Blue Jackets & are 2-0-1 in their last 3 on home ice.

:bruins:cbj

A week ago, the Boston Bruins extended their points streak to 19 consecutive games.

That now seems like such a long time ago.

The Bruins (42-20-9, 93 points) went 0-3 on a three-game trip to Pittsburgh, Columbus and Winnipeg and return home Saturday night to face the Blue Jackets for the second time in five days. Boston lost 7-4 Tuesday at Columbus, as Boone Jenner netted his first NHL hat trick.

"(Jenner) is just a guy you pull for," Columbus coach John Tortorella said. "He doesn't know how to do it any other way than work hard."

The Bruins wrapped up their trip with a 4-3 loss Thursday in Winnipeg.

"I don't like to lose one in a row, so there's always concern. There's different factors that go into it," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. "I think we played three very good hockey teams this week. That's part of it. Part of it is we haven't started on time, so we put ourselves in a hole. We're playing catch up every night. That's a bad formula in the National Hockey League."

The Bruins have fallen behind by two or more goals in five of their past six games, including all three on the road. Columbus led 5-1 just over eight minutes into the second period on Tuesday.

"We shot ourselves in the foot at the start of every game," Bruins center Patrice Bergeron told NHL.com. "Tough to get back in this league, tough to do that every night. We've done it on the tail end of our point streak. But you could tell that we were getting away from what's been good to us, and it's about getting that back. A lot of things to look at ... obviously you want results in this league, and we didn't get it on this trip."

The Bruins were without three forwards (Jake DeBrusk, Marcus Johansson and David Pastrnak) and three defensemen (Matt Grzelcyk, Torey Krug and Kevan Miller) for Thursday's game.

"We have really good depth on our team, so that's not an excuse," Bruins forward Joakim Nordstrom told NHL.com. "We have a good enough team to be able to win every night. We're not happy with the way we started the games on this trip. That's something that we have to work on."

The Blue Jackets (40-28-3, 83 points) will be playing the second of back-to-back games after blanking the visiting Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 Friday night, despite being outshot 46-20.

Sergei Bobrovsky made 46 saves as the Blue Jackets tied the Hurricanes for the Eastern Conference's top wild-card berth. Bobrovsky has six shutouts this season and 30 for his NHL career. He set a career high and a franchise record for saves in a shutout.

"I felt good," Bobrovsky told NHL.com. "I saw lots of pucks, lots of shots from the outside. It allows me to get into my game, control my game. I saw the majority of the pucks and controlled the rebounds and played my game."

Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky said there was little conversation between Bobrovsky and his teammates.

"We leave him alone, especially when he's in a zone like that," Dubinsky told NHL.com. "It would be like a pitcher with a no-hitter. When he has a shutout going, leave him alone and let him do his thing."

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bruins win this one. Columbus will come down after an emotional, hard fought win last night against the cane. Bruins 4-2

Frederic with his first!:nod:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
We got this one. 4-2 with Marchand with the EN.

I wonder if McAvoy will have to answer the bell tonight with someone other than Panarin? Columbus has plenty of tougher guys who may well be wanting to go wih McAvoy for taking on a much smaller man. Panarin more than held his own though.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We got this one. 4-2 with Marchand with the EN.

I wonder if McAvoy will have to answer the bell tonight with someone other than Panarin? Columbus has plenty of tougher guys who may well be wanting to go wih McAvoy for taking on a much smaller man. Panarin more than held his own though.

Two players drop the gloves, willingly wanting to go.

End of story, no?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I had no idea he had taken boxing lessons and would have assumed it was his first fight. I guess that explains why he was able to more than hold his own. I guess there's nothing to see here. :laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I had no idea he had taken boxing lessons and would have assumed it was his first fight. I guess that explains why he was able to more than hold his own. I guess there's nothing to see here. :laugh:

In the post game interview Torts said he expected that of ‘Bread’. Not his first and wont be his last. Its good for him and good for the team. I paraphrase but you can Google it.

Then again I get a kick outta Torts but he’s a bit out there too.

Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
In the post game interview Torts said he expected that of ‘Bread’. Not his first and wont be his last. Its good for him and good for the team. I paraphrase but you can Google it.

Then again I get a kick outta Torts but he’s a bit out there too.
Torts is a "bit out there" but he has character which is something lacking with Cassidy and league-wide. We need more Mike Keenans and Torts and less of these bland x's and o's geeks.

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Brad's ready for the game - The Kowloon sent out a press release

BOSTON BRUINS'
BRAD MARCHAND IN
AT THE KOWLOON RESTAURANT

Just In. Here is an item and hope you will consider!

Brad Marchand was in the Kowloon Restaurant with friends and family tonight, March 15, dining on rounds of sushi, Fancy Seafood, Thai Gulf Madness, Saugus Wings, Pupu platters, General Gau Chicken, Seafood Fantasy, Pad Thai, Singapore Noodles and Crispy Tangerine Chicken. He posed for a few pics including, Kowloon's Matt Moy.

Photo: Left to Right - Matt Moy and Brad Marchand.

upload_2019-3-16_10-58-44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad