BRUINS GDT GAME 72 1:08 PM - THE BEAR ponders if Gritty is more cracked than the Liberty Bell - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Had to miss the second half of the game. Nice to see Brazeau score. Was it a nice goal?

They’re not sending him back at this point.

Reactions: bruins19

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
This team has no get up and go and where is the passion of play?? Sorry but I am sticking to what I have said many times before this team will not get past the first round, it's pathetic. Today's game was a bore fest.
They’ll be lucky to win one playoff game this year.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Ok, so in the Civil War we’ve got:

• the pro Pasta and Anti-Pasta (get it?) folks
• the pro Monty and anti-Montys
• the pro Sweeney and anti-Sweeneys
• pro Ullmark and anti-Ullmark
• team lacks skill vs. team lacks toughness
• Pro Jack Edwards vs. anti-Jack

But let’s try to find some common ground as well:

• disdain for Carlo and Lindholm
• anything else we agree on?
Imho, team lacks skill and team lacks toughness, so that one wouldn't qualify as a war.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I was going to save this for the post game thread, but I guess I'll post it here.

I really think there is something very wrong on an institutional level with this franchise.

The Bruins' reputation for quality leadership; toughness (both physical and mental) and hard work is just that. Reputation.

When was the last time the Boston Bruins had all three qualities at the same time? I really think Charlie Jacobs needs to take a hard look at this entire operation and decide if these are the people that are going to carry the flag for the rest of the '20s and into the '30s.

Remember this, my ursine brethren... after 1972, the Bruins didn't win ANYTHING until they brought in a new GM; a new coach and a new captain from OUTSIDE the organization. I like that Jim Montgomery didn't grow up in the Bruins' system and that he's not a defense-first kind of coach, but his players must be held accountable for their maddeningly frequent mental lapses by someone. And if he can't do it, someone else should.

Reactions: smithformeragent

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
was a bad play for sure, but he also tied the game, so hard to blame him for everything.
ullmark played a strong game and then gave up an untimely goal. marchand and pasta
created little to nothing. this team has a lot of holes, it's amazing they have as many
points as they do.

I get that.

But his goal was about 90% Geekie.

My only issue is this:

If JDB, Grzelcyk, Forbort, Lindholm, or JVR made the two boneheaded, lazy turnovers he did in the last two games, there would be dozens of posts calling for their heads. He got benched vs. Toronto, something Monty rarely does to a non-rookie and Monty was the bad guy, even to those that usually stick up for him.

Hell, there’s a guy who is likely to be 4/5 years away from scoring more goals than any other Bruin in history…who would catch more grief than Heinen.

Yet, since it’s Heinen….95% of posters are like:

Oh well, bad thing happen

Can’t win em all

What about the other guys on the ice?

Admittedly, I’ve never been, nor ever will be a fan, but I’m fine with him in the right role.

If he’s a 4th liner — you’ve got a really good team
3rd liner — good team
2nd liner — not going anywhere.

I don’t see why people get offended by this take.

Last edited:

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
This team has no get up and go and where is the passion of play?? Sorry but I am sticking to what I have said many times before this team will not get past the first round, it's pathetic. Today's game was a bore fest.
It was a lackluster effort. This team can go far if it plays to its potential. Unfortunately they fail to do that pretty frequently.

Montgomery should pull Marchy right out of the lineup and get him healed up. He does not look like himself lately. At his best he helps drive the team, and they need him at that level come playoff time. If he isn't in prime form we will be without one of our best weapons and it will be that much easier for opposing teams to take Pasta out of the equation.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Have to fly across country tonite because a good buddy of mine died yesterday.He was a die hard Flyers fan. Hopefully he is smiling in the heavens.
Have a good trip...your friend must've helped the Flyers win today

As much as I dislike the Flyers, I know many people who are Flyers fans and they are all die hard fans just like Bruins fans

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Can we please not do this?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Montgomery blame in the playoffs is insane.

The bruins were up 3-1 in the series and lost 3 straight games

They were tied in game 5 going into the 3rd and lost and had leads in the 3rd periods of game 6 and 7 and choked it away.

Choking away 3rd periods leads isn’t on the coach that’s on the players.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
It was a lackluster effort. This team can go far if it plays to its potential. Unfortunately they fail to do that pretty frequently.

Montgomery should pull Marchy right out of the lineup and get him healed up. He does not look like himself lately. At his best he helps drive the team, and they need him at that level come playoff time. If he isn't in prime form we will be without one of our best weapons and it will be that much easier for opposing teams to take Pasta out of the equation.
I agree about pulling Marchy out of the line-up to re-think his game. But, otoh, I don't agree that if a player is stinking it up on the ice, it's because he's playing injured. He may be, but just to assume that as fact is a weak excuse.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Anti-Ullmark Montyskeptic Skillness-desiring pro-Sweeney Pastafarian Jack lovers, our next meeting will be Monday at 9 AM in the church basement. Donuts and coffee will be provided.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

Moderators encouraging division is quite a look

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Absolutely. If the response from the refs is to let it go, someone on the roster should have enough sack to step up. Without being asked or told. Otherwise you don’t really have a team. You have a bunch of individuals.

Wait….is that allowed anymore?

I thought that went away in 2012.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

I hate 2 of the 3 centennial jerseys. Go ahead fore a cannon at my home but those things suck. I know others are with me…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad