BRUINS GDT GAME 72 1:08 PM - THE BEAR ponders if Gritty is more cracked than the Liberty Bell - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1711175640302.png

1711175698372.png

1711175784341.png

1711175866835.png

1711176032941.png

1711176061142.png

TODAY’S GAME-The Bruins visit the Flyers today in the third and fnal games between these teams this season and the second of two Bostonvisits to Wells Fargo Center this year ... The Bruins are 41-15-15 overall this season and they are 18-6-9 on the road ... They are 25-10-5 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.- The Bruins are playing today their tenth of 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have a 5-3-1 record inafternoon games so far.-The Bruins open today the frst of six straight road games in Philadelphia ... They will continue in Florida on 3/26, Tampa Bay on3/27, Washington on Mar. 30, Nashville on Apr. 2 and Carolina on Apr. 4.

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Brad Marchand is 1 goal shy of his 400th NHL goal.- Morgan Geekie is 1 point short of his 100th NHL point

INJURIES (140 Man-games lost)- Matt Poitras: 2/7 right shoulder surgery (LTIR)- Derek Forbort: Lower body (LTIR)- Pat Maroon: 2/6 back surgery

BOSTON vs PHILADELPHIA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Flyers are meeting for the 218th time in their histories with a 120-63-21-13 record and 729-624 scoring edge in those games.- The Bruins are 54-39-10-5 in Philadelphia with a 338-332 scoring edge in those 108 contests.- They have won their last seven games overall vs. the Flyers.

Today's Officials

1711176327077.png
1711176358630.png

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Michael Markovic (31)
Linespersons Tyson Baker (88), Jesse Marquis (86)

1711176533709.png

Ntl. Anthem Lauren Hart

Boston Bruins (41-15-15, first in the Atlantic Division) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (35-26-9, third in the Metropolitan Division)

Philadelphia; Saturday, 1 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Atlantic Division-leading Boston Bruins take on the Philadelphia Flyers.

Philadelphia is 18-14-3 in home games and 35-26-9 overall. The Flyers have committed 291 total penalties (4.2 per game) to rank seventh in league play.

Boston has an 18-6-9 record on the road and a 41-15-15 record overall. The Bruins have a +42 scoring differential, with 236 total goals scored and 194 allowed.

The matchup Saturday is the third meeting between these teams this season. The Bruins won 6-5 in the previous matchup.

TOP PERFORMERS: Travis Konecny has 28 goals and 32 assists for the Flyers. Owen Tippett has scored four goals with six assists over the past 10 games.

Brad Marchand has scored 27 goals with 35 assists for the Bruins. David Pastrnak has six goals and six assists over the past 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Flyers: 4-4-2, averaging 2.5 goals, 3.8 assists, 4.6 penalties and 12.8 penalty minutes while giving up 3.6 goals per game.

Bruins: 6-3-1, averaging 3.2 goals, 5.9 assists, 3.7 penalties and eight penalty minutes while giving up 2.5 goals per game.

INJURIES: Flyers: Nick Seeler: out (lower body), Rasmus Ristolainen: out (upper body), Ryan Ellis: out (lower body), Sean Couturier: day to day (coach's decision), Jamie Drysdale: out (upper body).

Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Pat Maroon: out (back), James van Riemsdyk: day to day (illness), Derek Forbort: out (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder).

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I have a feeling this is going to be a rough one. Philly has the personnel to physically dominate us and I expect that to happen. I think Ullmark will be sensational and steals the win for us. Marchand will get number 400 into the empty net in a 3-1 Bruins win.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Let's score lots against the Flyers again but please play defense and don't let them catch up this time. No more last minute goals! No injuries! Start the road trip off on a good note and keep on rolling. It is time to get serious and play inspired hockey leading up to the second season!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Breather for Marchand​

Brad Marchand did not participate in Friday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena, with Montgomery designating it a maintenance day for the captain. The 35-year-old winger has been given several practice days off through the season, and Montgomery said it’s not set in stone that Marchand will get the green light for Saturday’s matinee against the Flyers in Philadelphia. ”Most likely,” said the coach. “I’m not going to say 100 percent.” Marchand has just one goal in his last 14 games, and his last power-play tally was Jan. 13. “I think the 82 [game] grind, you’re going to have nights where you have it and nights when you don’t,” Montgomery said. “But I think with Brad, we always get his maximum effort, and that’s how he leads us and I think that’s why we’re one of the teams with the most points in the league . . . a lot of times your team play is a reflection of your captain, and our captain competes really hard. But with that, there’s frustration. He’s part of that frustration on the power play, right? He expects to do great things and that’s why he’s an elite player. But sometimes it doesn’t go your way — some nights, you get impatient. I think he’s a little impatient right now, especially on the power play.”

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Today’s Globe:

Breather for Marchand​

Brad Marchand did not participate in Friday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena, with Montgomery designating it a maintenance day for the captain. The 35-year-old winger has been given several practice days off through the season, and Montgomery said it’s not set in stone that Marchand will get the green light for Saturday’s matinee against the Flyers in Philadelphia. ”Most likely,” said the coach. “I’m not going to say 100 percent.” Marchand has just one goal in his last 14 games, and his last power-play tally was Jan. 13. “I think the 82 [game] grind, you’re going to have nights where you have it and nights when you don’t,” Montgomery said. “But I think with Brad, we always get his maximum effort, and that’s how he leads us and I think that’s why we’re one of the teams with the most points in the league . . . a lot of times your team play is a reflection of your captain, and our captain competes really hard. But with that, there’s frustration. He’s part of that frustration on the power play, right? He expects to do great things and that’s why he’s an elite player. But sometimes it doesn’t go your way — some nights, you get impatient. I think he’s a little impatient right now, especially on the power play.”
....and even though it isn't announced, I am pretty sure our captain is playing with at least one injury.

Rest up Brad. We need you to get well for the playoffs. Love you.

Put the third "A" on Coyle or Carlo.

I love this post. I’m doing the exact same thing.
View attachment 840268
I am on my second mug of English Breakfast tea.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
....and even though it isn't announced, I am pretty sure our captain is playing with at least one injury.

Rest up Brad. We need you to get well for the playoffs. Love you.

Put the third "A" on Coyle or Carlo.

I am on my second mug of English Breakfast tea.
Bagel, tea, The Globe and listening to the 98.5 hockey show. It’s a good rainy March day for matinee hockey. Let’s go boys, start strong and play 60 minutes.
IMG_4482.jpeg

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If ever there was a game to win on this road trip it's this one due to being very winnable.
Flyers are fighting for a playoff spot and will be playing playoff hockey.

Brazeau = Seabass Jr.?
Perhaps.
Impossible to move from the front of the net plus has a nice delicate touch in front of the cage.
When's the last time we had a guy like that?

Any word on Maroon making his first appearance?

Reactions: bruins19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad