BRUINS GDT GAME 72 1:08 PM - THE BEAR ponders if Gritty is more cracked than the Liberty Bell - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Brutal
IMG_9315.png
IMG_9314.jpeg

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
There are a lot of bad memories and years of built up anger and emotions.

The only thing that can heal it all is a Cup.
After the 2010 playoffs, I was a hair away from walking away from the Bruins for good. If not for the 2011 Stanley Cup, I very likely spend today doing something other than watching hockey.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
A free pass... here?? Were you not around for the preseason when 90 percent of the board was dumping on the Bruins for signing him? He's playing well for his role and his contract. He makes the occasional mistake and is obviously a complimentary player. I think you're exaggerating the point a bit because you're not a fan of his.

There’s like 8% of us who don’t like him.

Probably 40% in the middle and the rest who he can do no wrong with.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I don't know what the consensus on Lohrei is on this board, but the kid has been horrible since the all star break. He can't play under pressure. He's young, and will get the experience, no doubt, but I just cannot see him playing over Wotherspoon and, should I dare say it, Shattenkirk moving forward this year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Ok, so in the Civil War we’ve got:

• the pro Pasta and Anti-Pasta (get it?) folks
• the pro Monty and anti-Montys
• the pro Sweeney and anti-Sweeneys
• pro Ullmark and anti-Ullmark
• team lacks skill vs. team lacks toughness
• Pro Jack Edwards vs. anti-Jack

But let’s try to find some common ground as well:

• disdain for Carlo and Lindholm
• anything else we agree on?
dont forget gryz as a pker. wtf was he doing on that first goal????

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Won’t argue overall but only at league minimum .

Still doesn’t get held accountable when he messes up as much as he should.
Right now the 'messing up' is shared by so many players, it's hard to keep track. Even Ullmark, who I didn't think messed up, was accused of messing up.
This BRUINS' team is a perfect example of a team that certainly over-achieved this season. Of late the over-achieving has dwindled down and the mess ups have increased.
There's a big difference between an over-achieving team and a talented team.

Is there any team in the league that has the puck go off the defense and into the net as much as the Bruins?
That's one of their strengths.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Right now the 'messing up' is shared by so many players, it's hard to keep up. Even Ullmark, who I didn't think messed up, was accused of messing up.
This BRUINS' team is a perfect example of a team that certainly over-achieved this season. Of late the over-achieving has dwindled down and the mess ups have increased.
There's a big difference between an over-achieving team and a talented team.

Won’t argue there.

I just wonder what would have happened if several of the whipping boys did what he did today and Thursday?

JDB would be told to spend more time in therapy.

Grizz would be called out for being soft

Pasta…..lazy

Forbort…..oven mitts/stone hands

Lauko…next start would be in April

Heinen….It’s ok. Just Keep up the good poke checking.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bruins coming out of the All-Star break had one of the toughest schedules: In that time they've gone 10-6-6. They're schedule isn't going to get any easier either. With 10 games left the boys need to start playing with more of a playoff feel to their game.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Won’t argue there.

I just wonder what would have happened if several of the whipping boys did what he did today and Thursday?

JDB would be told to spend more time in therapy.

Grizz would be called out for being soft

Pasta…..lazy

Forbort…..oven mitts/stone hands

Lauko…next start would be in April

Heinen….It’s ok. Just Keep up the good poke checking.
Heinen, imho, has been one of the bigger over-achievers. He's never been accused of being a multi-talented player. Playing beyond one's talent can only last for so long and it appears Heinen is playing at his normal level, which is average at best. But he definitely has a fan base here for producing more offense than anyone expected this season.

Reactions: sarge88

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I don't know what the consensus on Lohrei is on this board, but the kid has been horrible since the all star break. He can't play under pressure. He's young, and will get the experience, no doubt, but I just cannot see him playing over Wotherspoon and, should I dare say it, Shattenkirk moving forward this year.
He's not an NHL player yet. He should be playing big minutes in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad