GDT: Game 71: Seattle Kraken(39-24-7) @ Nashville Predators(35-26-8) - 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Daccord stood up against one of the best goalies in the league and gave us a shot. Actually got us to a SO. That's not nothing.

Saros stole that game. Plain and simple.

Reactions: The Marquis

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Daccord stood up against one of the best goalies in the league and gave us a shot. Actually got us to a SO. That's not nothing.

Saros stole that game. Plain and simple.
Ya, I didn't like our chances going into a shoot out vs. Saros. I think maybe they played a tighter more careful game because Daccord was in there and maybe that was a mistake. They should stick to being themselves.

Anyway, ultimately the PP is still a big letdown. 10 minutes to go, PP, 1-1 score, that's your moment to take the game.
So they got a point, but really, not good enough.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, you play a Nashville team that had either traded away or missed most of their important players and yet you still get one point because your goalie gave you a shot.

I know we had more chances but overall the Preds were allowed to pin us in our own zone way too easily and often.

The power play also sucks ass and I actually started giggling when Preds fans were unhappy about a penalty call against them not realizing that was a great break for them.

Though, at least the Kraken got a point.
Still watching games like this tellls me that unless one of our goalies somehow goes nuts or we're shooting the lights out, this team will have a short postseason if it qualifies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Well, you play a Nashville team that had either traded away or missed most of their important players and yet you still get one point because your goalie gave you a shot.

I know we had more chances but overall the Preds were allowed to pin us in our own zone way too easily and often.

The power play also sucks ass and I actually started giggling when Preds fans were unhappy about a penalty call against them not realizing that was a great break for them.

Though, at least the Kraken got a point.
Still watching games like this tellls me that unless one of our goalies somehow goes nuts or we're shooting the lights out, this team will have a short postseason if it qualifies.
Well, you have to remember the Preds are the same team that gifted us Tolvanen for free. Their decisions on who were the "best 20+" earlier in the season were, shall we say, controversial. In short, the coach kept a large number of defensive-minded forwards who could hit and fight and sent his younger talent down to the AHL. At this point, all the young prospects are playing. So there is some speed and skill evident now.

Agreed on the PP.

On the other hand, we did get long stretches of sustained pressure that achieved high danger chances. Saros just made some spectacular very high-end saves. If it had been a regular Joe goalie, I'm convinced we score 3 or 4 goals there. (And if we had played Jones, I think we'd have given up at least 2 softies and gotten blown out.)

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Win this afternoon and the Preds will have a hell of time catching us. This game could make a big difference in our comfort zone one way or the other.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad