GDT: Game 71 | Penguins @ Sabres | 3.14 @ 7PM EST | Eat Pie, Watch Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Trotman is in over Riikola because he's right handed and because Sully doesn't trust Riikola on the PK. I'd love to know why on the latter.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
All Riikola bias aside, and there is a very large amount of it, Trotman has just seemed... Very bad? :laugh: And I think he's gotten steadily worse each game.

Reactions: BillPrep

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
All Riikola bias aside, and there is a very large amount of it, Trotman has just seemed... Very bad? :laugh: And I think he's gotten steadily worse each game.

Yeah, look, I don't care if they bring Wideman up or whatever. They've been winning despite Trotman, and he'll probably stay in until they lose, at the very least.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Well, I suppose that points to Rust to L2 LW when he returns. I know you're not as high on Rust with Geno as I am, but I think we both can agree that he's the only non bad available option for L2 LW when he returns.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meanwhile, Sullivan has decided to alter the Sid-Geno-Phil-Schultz-Pets PP that worked last game . . .

Thoughts @ColePens? :laugh:

Lets go over the checklist of root causes of poor hockey decisions....to find out why this is done...

1. Entrenched hockey tradition.... nope isn’t that
2. Xenophobic tendencies.... nope not that one either
3. Holding a grudge or proving a point... don’t think that’s it...
4. Favoring known commodities over potential... that doesn’t seem right
5. Invoking a playstyle from your playing days that no longer translates to todays game.... nope that isn’t this one but it’s getting closer
6. Stubborn refusal to get away from something that did work in the past or that you THINK should work, even after the league shows it can counter it.....
Hmmmmm that sounds about right.... lol

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lets go over the checklist of root causes of poor hockey decisions....to find out why this is done...

1. Entrenched hockey tradition.... nope isn’t that
2. Xenophobic tendencies.... nope not that one either
3. Holding a grudge or proving a point... don’t think that’s it...
4. Favoring known commodities over potential... that doesn’t seem right
5. Invoking a playstyle from your playing days that no longer translates to todays game.... nope that isn’t this one but it’s getting closer
6. Stubborn refusal to get away from something that did work in the past or that you THINK should work, even after the league shows it can counter it.....
Hmmmmm that sounds about right.... lol

Actually I'm convinced at this point that Sully's aim is just to troll all of us.

I mean, the PP once adjusted to Sid-Geno-Phil-Schultz-Pets WORKED.

Just crazy. :laugh:

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
The only "positive" thing is that Maatta isn't skating either, and he was in the past (hasn't ZAR also been? he's off today as well), so maybe it's not the absolutely worst.

But it probably is.

Eh I'd take Maata over Trotman, even if Olli is playing his off side

Trotman is a tire-fire at the NHL level. He's what I thought Gud would be

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Meh is it bad that I am more worried about this game than I was about the Caps one even after being down 2-0

They have conditioned me to fear poor hockey teams
Very true.

This used to be the type of game that you could settle in with a nice snack (or piece of pie) and witness the Pens dismantle a weak team and toll to an easy 2 points. Now, by the end of the game you have your nails chewed off and are puckered, wondering if they can just manage 1 point by getting to OT...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Very true.

This used to be the type of game that you could settle in with a nice snack (or piece of pie) and witness the Pens dismantle a weak team and toll to an easy 2 points. Now, by the end of the game you have your nails chewed off and are puckered, wondering if they can just manage 1 point by getting to OT...

So, this has never been the case. We have constantly lost points against teams we should win.

Reactions: madinsomniac

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's to the point where I just want to sit back and watch McCann-Sid-Jake work. Those guys are fantastic together. Fun hockey on a shift-by-shift basis.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Good to see Rust traveling with the team and skating. He would fill out the top 6 and lets Blueger provide some for the 4th line. If they can get to the point with Blueger-Cullen-ZAR as the 4th line, they will be in good shape up front.

Not great about Letang. I thought he was going to be back soon when they didn't mix up the D pairings when Dumo came back. Now it has the same feeling as 2017. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad