GDT: Game 71: Coyotes @ Predators - 5PM - FSAZ

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
this is pretty much the only reason i was interested in the game. gotta push la out of the running for a playoff spot.

I didn't think about it until about halfway through the second.

For that reason I've switched over to LA @ Edmonton.

If anyone bet $1 on me staying awake, I owe you $2.10.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Dvo is doing just fine. I wouldn't put his name with the other three.

Yes, I'm not saying Dvorak isn't doing well, all I'm saying is that when you compare skill set down the middle, we're not going to be able to beat that many teams because our center position folks are not good or playing up to high.

Dvorak isn't a #1 right now, but he has to play a #1, Jooris is a decent 4th liner, but not a good one. Martinook is a winger not a center and Holland just plain sucks.

We need Dvorak to be a #2 and we need to find a #1, so we can let Strome get a feel for the NHL in the 3rd spot and Richardson can have the 4th slot and Jooris can be a backup

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Duclair finally gets good linemates and PP time, immediately looks 100 times better and racks up an assist.

I would hope that someone would look 100x better when playing a man up...

Granted, I was not able to catch the game, but it seems like people are stating how great Duclair looked with Domi and Dvorak. That appeared to be more on the PP side, and not 5-on-5. All I can do is look at box score, but Domi and Dvorak at 24 shifts and Duclair at 18 signifies to me that Duclair looked good with Domi and Dvorak on the PP only, or very limited 5 on 5 time together.

Ultra Mega Chychrun said:
Weird, who would've thought Domi Dvo Duke would've made a good line? Surely not a single poster on here right?

Again, if we are celebrating a player's play solely based on what he did facing a team with one less player on the ice, then I would suggest we take a step back before declaring how that line will do wonders. When they do it consistently 5 on 5, then we can get back to the praise of players and heaping **** on the coaches (this time, it would be warranted)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I would hope that someone would look 100x better when playing a man up...

Granted, I was not able to catch the game, but it seems like people are stating how great Duclair looked with Domi and Dvorak. That appeared to be more on the PP side, and not 5-on-5. All I can do is look at box score, but Domi and Dvorak at 24 shifts and Duclair at 18 signifies to me that Duclair looked good with Domi and Dvorak on the PP only, or very limited 5 on 5 time together.

Again, if we are celebrating a player's play solely based on what he did facing a team with one less player on the ice, then I would suggest we take a step back before declaring how that line will do wonders. When they do it consistently 5 on 5, then we can get back to the praise of players and heaping **** on the coaches (this time, it would be warranted)
They did do it 5 on 5. The first shift they were put together was an entire shift spent in the offensive zone creating scoring chances. They weren't together very much anyway so while they haven't proven to be amazing 5 on 5 they haven't been given a chance to. I agree the dumping on Tippett can be a bit much at times, but this situation isn't one of them IMO. I'd watch the few shifts they had together and re-evaluate.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Hey - better that I do state if I am able to watch a game or not. Considering I live out of state now and have Center Ice to see as much as I possibly can, at least it provides context. UMC even said it himself - they were not out there for very long together, so it would be inexcusable of me to also state that they couldn't work well together, especially since Domi and Duclair did look good together last year. Much the same way that UMC acknowledges that it doesn't mean that they are going to go on a streak of points as a result of being put together.

Did most of the time that they were on the same line come after the team had gone down 3-0, before then, or a mixture of that line combo at various points throughout the game? If it was done while they are down 3-0, then that could be due to Nashville resting on their laurels as much as it is the reclamation of the DDD line.

Putting Duclair with Domi is nice, but so is putting a reliable RW as well.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hey - better that I do state if I am able to watch a game or not. At least it provides context. UMC even said it himself - they were not out there for very long together, so it would be inexcusable of me to also state that they couldn't work well together, especially since Domi and Duclair did look good together last year. Much the same way that UMC acknowledges that this doesn't mean that it doesn't mean that they are going to go on a streak of points as a result of being put together.

Did most of the time that they were on the same line come after the team had gone down 3-0, before then, or a mixture of that line combo at various points throughout the game? If it was done while they are down 3-0, then that could be due to Nashville resting on their laurels as much as it is the reclamation of the DDD line.

Putting Duclair with Domi is nice, but so is putting a reliable RW as well.
It was pretty late in the game, pretty sure it was after Nashville has scored their 3rd goal. It could be that Nashville just let up, but really I'd check it out, they were great together, just like they were earlier in season the few times they were together.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
It was pretty late in the game, pretty sure it was after Nashville has scored their 3rd goal. It could be that Nashville just let up, but really I'd check it out, they were great together, just like they were earlier in season the few times they were together.

Will do - thx.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad