GDT: Game 71: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 3/19 7PM EDT

KlichkoBro*

Ollie! Ollie! Ollie!

I was thinking a month or so ago how we've had NO players exceed expectations this year. And then Korpi and Bjorkstrand happens.

I guess you expected that Werenski would become the best defenseman of the WJC. ;)
The kid also just scored 4 points in the big-10 final game.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I guess you expected that Werenski would become the best defenseman of the WJC. ;)
The kid also just scored 4 points in the big-10 final game.

I was only evaluating NHL performance. I've learned a long time ago with this team not to get too excited about what the kids do in the lower levels.

KlichkoBro*

I was only evaluating NHL performance. I've learned a long time ago with this team not to get too excited about what the kids do in the lower levels.

Speaking of roster players Ryan Murray exceeded my expectations for many reasons -- he's been able to stay healthy and established himself as a top-pairing defenseman. Jenner already scored more goals than I expected him to score this season. Hartnell doesn't show any signs of wearing down. Your expectations for them were probably higher than mine.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Speaking of roster players Ryan Murray exceeded my expectations for many reasons -- he's been able to stay healthy and established himself as a top-pairing defenseman. Jenner already scored more goals than I expected him to score this season. Hartnell doesn't show any signs of wearing down. Your expectations for them were probably higher than mine.

Yes. Murray and Jenner did exactly what I expected them to do if they stayed healthy. I don't know about top pairing just yet, but Murray will get there. Hartnell HAS had a strong year - on pace for similar numbers to his past two seasons.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jenner, Atkinson, Murray, and Jones have all been better than I expected, I think.

Didn't we have an expectations thread? Maybe not. I'm too embarrassed to go find it.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jenner, Atkinson, Murray, and Jones have all been better than I expected, I think.

Didn't we have an expectations thread? Maybe not. I'm too embarrassed to go find it.

Yes, leave that one buried. My expectation of 10 points from Clarkson will be embarrassing. :laugh:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Pretty fun game to be at.. Congrats to Bjorkstrand on the 2 goal game! Fun player to watch. He's probably been everyone's favorite prospect for the last two years so it was nice to see. With his willingness to shoot the puck, him and Wennberg might be able to work out just fine lol. I vote that his nickname should be Ollie.

Also, I love watching Seth Jones play. He sometimes has his mistakes but the way he skates, protects and passes the puck amazes me. I get excited thinking of his potential and future.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I love the thought of Wennberg and Bjorkstrand playing together for another 10+ years. I actually think Rychel would be a good fit on their line.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
OB the anti-Wennberg. I think he had more shots in the 3rd the Wennberg has had all year. :laugh:

Which is why they are great on a line together. Need to send Bjorkstrand down though. We need to be losing right now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Which is why they are great on a line together. Need to send Bjorkstrand down though. We need to be losing right now.
twitch.gif

No, we need to be developing the guys we have with the games we have. Tank-facilitating roster moves kill team morale. They teach youngsters "the front office doesn't care if we win or lose, why should I?". They are bad.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
twitch.gif

No, we need to be developing the guys we have with the games we have. Tank-facilitating roster moves kill team morale. They teach youngsters "the front office doesn't care if we win or lose, why should I?". They are bad.
Agree. We needn't lose. After all, draft is a lottery. You may have a better choice even if you got a higher place in the tournament.
And even if you choose earlier it's not obligatory that a brilliant youngster will become a superstar amongst grown-ups. No tanking!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
twitch.gif

Agreed. We need to invest in Jenner, Murray, Jones, Wennberg, etc. rather than hope for a slightly higher chance of Matthews.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I couldn't help think that there was another prospect that wore #28 for the Jackets that scored a hat trick in one of his first games and then was shamed back to Russia. I hope that Bjorkstrand is the anti-Filatov.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
I mentioned to my son last night 'when was the last time we saw number 28 for the Jackets have a hat trick? oddly enough we were at the game Filatov had his trick.....

KlichkoBro*

I couldn't help think that there was another prospect that wore #28 for the Jackets that scored a hat trick in one of his first games and then was shamed back to Russia. I hope that Bjorkstrand is the anti-Filatov.

There's no similarities between those two except the jersey number. One was considered the best in the world draft eligible prospect when he was 16 years old and was regressing every year after that (he's even out of the KHL right now). Another was unknown kid who became a 3rd round pick, he had to earn a recognition and has been progressing at every level he's ever played after 16. His attitude and work ethic is closer to another former Jackets #28 who also scored a hat-trick for them.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Probably each team will win a game at home taking into consideration they'll play back-to-back.
That's exactly what happened! :laugh: Fans are satisfied with their team winning in their presence and no unneccesary points got. No 3-point games! :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad