GDT: Game 71: Columbus at New Jersey | 3/19 1PM

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you'd posted on this board that the Jackets will finish with 100+ points, you'd probably have gotten in trouble for concern trolling.

Hell, people were giving me a hard time for saying we could be pretty good after we lost the first two games! :laugh:

(I didn't think we'd be THIS good)

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Great season, thanks for the fun, CBJ! I'll be at the Verizon Center on Thursday and I hope for a better show than the streak-buster from a few months back!

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
That PK where Jenner went down and took on 3 guys and it ended in a goal was perhaps the best thing I've ever seen him do, and it should be on the list of the best sequences of the year. Fantastic play.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Let's pump the brakes a little. This team still has much to prove in the playoffs

Indeed we do. Then again we are kind of a wild card. Our special teams seem to be pretty good, which could make the difference in a long series.

Should be interesting.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Indeed we do. Then again we are kind of a wild card. Our special teams seem to be pretty good, which could make the difference in a long series.

Should be interesting.
We have Bob.... few can argue goaltending is key in the playoffs.....

That said, we've not won anything yet, a first round advance would satisfy me at the point..

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
For the NHL experts out there:

When was the last time a NHL team scored two SHG's and two penalty shot goals in the same game????

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Way to go CBJ!!! Pukesburg trolls are out on the mains. Screw them, let's win it all!

In an unneeded thread that was basically asking for it.

EDIT: Sorry that sounds pretty harsh. Certainly, for the team, it's an accomplishment. And I know we're long-suffering. But it just didn't feel like that thread was going to go well.

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Just saw that a win clinches a playoff berth.

Looks like Torts is probably a mortal lock for The Jack Adams. It would be his second time winning it. Won the Cup when he won his first.

I was watching the NHL Network after the Devils game ended yesterday. I usually love Neil Smith and Brian Lawton. But when one of them said "Yes, John Tortorella could certainly be in consideration for the Jack Adams trophy", I about exploded.

WHO THE HECK (or insert your own more powerful expletive) ELSE WOULD YOU CONSIDER BEFORE HIM???

Talk about soft-selling the issue.......... I get that people might consider Guy Boucher, as he has done a fine job with Ottawa. But were they picked to finish last in their conference? What was their longest winning streak of the year? How many days have they spent atop their conference? How many days have they spent with best record in the league? Are they in competition for the Presidents Trophy?

I understand the Canadian bias that exists in this sport. Hell, I actually respect it and enjoy it most of the time. But if Tortorella doesn't win this in unanimous fashion, they should investigate the voters who gave somebody else a 1st place vote and seriously re-consider their worthiness to vote on these matters.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
100 points. Wow. Never thought I'd see the day. I teared up in 2009 when we made the playoffs. This was somewhat anti-climactic and I'm just fine with that.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I was watching the NHL Network after the Devils game ended yesterday. I usually love Neil Smith and Brian Lawton. But when one of them said "Yes, John Tortorella could certainly be in consideration for the Jack Adams trophy", I about exploded.

WHO THE HECK (or insert your own more powerful expletive) ELSE WOULD YOU CONSIDER BEFORE HIM???

Talk about soft-selling the issue.......... I get that people might consider Guy Boucher, as he has done a fine job with Ottawa. But were they picked to finish last in their conference? What was their longest winning streak of the year? How many days have they spent atop their conference? How many days have they spent with best record in the league? Are they in competition for the Presidents Trophy?

I understand the Canadian bias that exists in this sport. Hell, I actually respect it and enjoy it most of the time. But if Tortorella doesn't win this in unanimous fashion, they should investigate the voters who gave somebody else a 1st place vote and seriously re-consider their worthiness to vote on these matters.

Well...Torts probably doesn't give a **** about the award anyway, but I think if most media put their dislike for Torts past aside, they'd find it's his to lose.

I did hear somebody on XM seriously lobbying for Sullivan :laugh: His justification was that since Pens have been bombarded with injuries. "Sullivan's been some sort of savant to have Pens at top of their division. What other team could survive and do what the Pens have done with their injuries..blah, blah, blah". However, they have had Crosby, Malkin and Kessel in the line-up almost every game. Phil hasn't missed any games, Crosby's missed 6 and Malkin missed 9. With above average goaltending and average remaining players, a team with those 3 should still be a playoff team. If those 3 were out most of the season, than I'd get the "Sullivan for Jack Adams" argument:shakehead

The other name that was coming up some a few weeks ago was Boudreau, but I think the recent slide by the Wild has him out of picture.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Well...Torts probably doesn't give a **** about the award anyway, but I think if most media put their dislike for Torts past aside, they'd find it's his to lose.

I did hear somebody on XM seriously lobbying for Sullivan :laugh: His justification was that since Pens have been bombarded with injuries. "Sullivan's been some sort of savant to have Pens at top of their division. What other team could survive and do what the Pens have done with their injuries..blah, blah, blah". However, they have had Crosby, Malkin and Kessel in the line-up almost every game. Phil hasn't missed any games, Crosby's missed 6 and Malkin missed 9. With above average goaltending and average remaining players, a team with those 3 should still be a playoff team. If those 3 were out most of the season, than I'd get the "Sullivan for Jack Adams" argument:shakehead

The other name that was coming up some a few weeks ago was Boudreau, but I think the recent slide by the Wild has him out of picture.

Those poor Penguins with their 6 all stars. Really a tough gig. #PrayForSullivan

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Hell, people were giving me a hard time for saying we could be pretty good after we lost the first two games! :laugh:

(I didn't think we'd be THIS good)

It was only conventional wisdom that held that we wouldn't be good, some of us called it just that (go see the GDT for the Blackhawks game, win #1).

:yo:

I can't wait for the playoffs, and I cannot wait to see Hartsy in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad