GDT: Game 71: Columbus at New Jersey | 3/19 1PM

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Boone Jenner has been a force lately, Savard too..... two guys that have been around for awhile... Bob's in Vezina territory....

great regular season CBJ!!!

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Congrats on their 1st 100 point season.

This season has had a lot of storylines, mostly great. Very fun to follow.

Now, a few days rest.... They've earned it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Playoff Bound! 100 points --- and counting! Thanks to these guys for giving us a great season with a lot more excitement still to come.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
If you'd posted on this board that the Jackets will finish with 100+ points, you'd probably have gotten in trouble for concern trolling.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Congrats on their 1st 100 point season.

This season has had a lot of storylines, mostly great. Very fun to follow.

Now, a few days rest.... They've earned it.

And they'll need it with Toronto in Columbus on Wednesday then a quick turnaround for a BIG game against Washington in Washington on Thursday night.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If I wasn't superstitious , I would tell you it's time to remove the bag head avatar . But no way you can change now . CBJ have arrived

If we do a playoff theme I'll change it, and I'll change it in the summer regardless, but until then I will keep it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Korpi better sharpen his skates, he's going to get some work.... :laugh:

Meh, I think we go hard for that #1 seed. Basically pretty much business as usual until there is no point in trying anymore. (As in separation occurs and further clinches take place)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Meh, I think we go hard for that #1 seed. Basically pretty much business as usual until there is no point in trying anymore. (As in separation occurs and further clinches take place)

I get it, but many President Trophies have gone down the toilet... I'd rather get ready for a long haul in the playoffs.... But, Bob must get enough work to stay focused yet stay healthy too..

Bob is key!!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
11 games left, I start Bob against Washington and Pittsburgh. So that's three games. After that, I would play him maybe one or two games depending on the presidents trophy situation. Either way korpi should get a lot of work

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I get it, but many President Trophies have gone down the toilet... I'd rather get ready for a long haul in the playoffs.... But, Bob must get enough work to stay focused yet stay healthy too..

Bob is key!!!

It's not even about the Presidents Trophy .. I'm talking about not having to face PIT/WSH in the 1st round. :)

EDIT: which yes, basically means Presidents Trophy, but hell, keep the trophy IDC, just give us someone different in the 1st

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Speaking of rest, does anyone think we see mass call ups from Cleveland in the next couple of days (IIRC, the only roster limit post-trade deadline is the 50-contract limit)?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm not even talking about the Presidents Trophy... I'm talking about not having to face PIT/WSH in the 1st round.

Good point.... There will be debate about positioning for the next three weeks... It will be hard to avoid either the Pens or Caps in the first round.. Some could argue 4th spot in the metro might be the best for playoff match ups (vs Montreal)... It will all play out..

Last edited:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
The only play I saw the entire game was Sedlak's PS.

Glad we one, sad I missed what sounds like the only exciting game in NJD history. Has anyone checked on our Devil fan mascot to make sure he didn't suffer an aneurysm?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
100 pts!

And to think back to before the season when most people picked us to finish last in the Metro. And to be honest, I picked us to finish 6th.

Good times! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad