Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - Another slow start .... Winnipeg 4 BRUINS 3 F

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Hard to have high expectations given the injuries and grinding nature of the March schedule. Gotta hope Philly does us a favor tonight and we can get a win at home tomorrow.

Reactions: lopey

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Hoping they find a Way to rest March and Bergy
I’d rest them for a week. Even if it meant losing home ice in the first round.

Tell the other guys to punch in for a few days. They’ve road those two all year

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I’d rest them for a week. Even if it meant losing home ice in the first round.

Tell the other guys to punch in for a few days. They’ve road those two all year

I feel the same way, getting rest and healthy much more important then finishing 2nd. The Leafs have done better on the road then at home anyways this year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Couple bright spots in the game

Coyle goal- nice to see him get the monkey off his back

Frederic played well when put with some talent

Nordstrom breaking a dry streak

Not putting too much stock into these games, this team is beat to ****
Bruins fans are going to be very happy in 2-3 years they didn’t take Matt Kalman advice and trade Frederic for Simmonds

Frederic & Studnicka

Going to be outstanding

Reactions: Jamie Rodgers

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm very happy for Charlie Coyle & Joakim Nordstrom, it was great to see them break their scoring droughts. I thought Paul Carey did well & Charlie McAvoy had a great game.

But they've got to stop playing from behind, this was becoming a problem even before the injury tidal wave hit them. Coaching staff needs to work on this.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
With the team that the Bs had on the last game of a road trip I am happy with the effort. The goal of the next 3 weeks is to keep everyone who is healthy, healthy and feather Pasta, Debrusk, Johannson, Gryz, Miller and Krug in. I'd love to see this team complete prior to the last week of the season.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I agree with everyone with the injuries they have I’m not expecting much except for effort. I thought Rask was ok not great. I thought the D was good except Chara , who was beat by his man for a couple of goals all be it tipped , but I also understand he’s in his forties. The scoring chances we could not capitalize on a bunch of 2 on 1’s. Coyle played engaged but looked brutal in the last minute with Rask pulled. Backes muffed a great Bergeron pass that would’ve put them ahead ,next minute , Winnipeg scored , he should never ever be put on the first line. The slow starts are becoming a habit that needs breaking. But the reality 0-3 reg losses on trip no points.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I feel the same way, getting rest and healthy much more important then finishing 2nd. The Leafs have done better on the road then at home anyways this year.
Yeah , I’m starting to feel that way also . Remember what happened last year the Bruins had a real congested schedule down the stretch and a lot of injuries. There isn’t anything we can do about the players currently injured but there are several players who could use a breather . I would rather the Bruins be healthy and rested going into the playoffs if it means starting in Toronto so be it .

Reactions: bobbyorr04 and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yeah , I’m starting to feel that way also . Remember what happened last year the Bruins had a real congested schedule down the stretch and a lot of injuries. There isn’t anything we can do about the players currently injured but there are several players who could use a breather . I would rather the Bruins be healthy and rested going into the playoffs if it means starting in Toronto so be it .

Home ice is nice but I'll take a healthy Bruins squad over that every time.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Winning in Toronto to start of the series would send ̶m̶y̶ that town into meltdown mode before game 2.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm very happy for Charlie Coyle & Joakim Nordstrom, it was great to see them break their scoring droughts. I thought Paul Carey did well & Charlie McAvoy had a great game.

But they've got to stop playing from behind, this was becoming a problem even before the injury tidal wave hit them. Coaching staff needs to work on this.
Missed last night`s tilt as we are in Puget Sound on a little Anniversary getaway but you are too right and this isn`t just a recent thing. During that incredible point streak they did this consistently and now it`s coming back to haunt the boys.

Gotta get healthy as that lineup as it stands now, worries nobody

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don't want to rip on Backes, but how is it possible that he has made every line he's played on worse? Every line. Doesn't matter where he plays the other two guys get dragged down with him.

He should really retire at this point, but he's not going to want to give up the $8 million remaining on his deal.

Reactions: Zillah and Blowfish

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn’t that Ottawa overtime game Kuraly played the game of his life

Kuraly-Acciari-Backes

Backes was outstanding that game as well

Reactions: RustyBruins72

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The only way he plays first round is if a forward is injured.
wish you were right, just don`t see Butch putting him upstairs. Hard to sit a vet with his playoff experience. Not saying I disagree one bit with what you are saying, I just won`t hold my breath that it`ll happen

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
wish you were right, just don`t see Butch putting him upstairs. Hard to sit a vet with his playoff experience. Not saying I disagree one bit with what you are saying, I just won`t hold my breath that it`ll happen

I hear you...If everyone is healthy, it's going to come down to him and Nords. I like Nords better because of his versatility (speed / PK / Forecheck) going to need him against a speedy leaf team.

We hope Backes continues to bring the veteran leadership / calmness to the room / on ice ... unfortunately he isn't bringing much else, this includes the physical play he once possessed. Too me he appears to be playing passive / protective Backes hockey which I see hurting him/the team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad