Post-Game Talk: Game 70: Preds @ Canucks | 9:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | Is it over yet?!?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
At this point I would be okay w/ just calling the whole AHL team up and letting them play as I doubt they could do any worst. This whole team stinks.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
I bet every coach wants to work in Nashville , cause no matter how bad
the team is you'll still have a job.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If they are going to tank/lose at least they could be more entertaining. They are playing some really boring hockey lately. Just no energy.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
So. How bad was it? I didn't even look, I'm not really in the caring mode right now.

(Two funerals - one today and one sometime next week - will do that for you.)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I'm not sure I get the benching. Let me make it clear, if you are going to bench someone, this is probably the ideal time - the team is struggling, lots of travel, multiple back to backs... Etc. With that said, we are taking an offensive defense men, not giving him power play time and having him babysit Ellis or Jones. Of course his line is going to make mistakes. I'm not claiming MDZ hasn't had some mistakes, but there have been so many other players with more mistakes or worse play that I just don't know what to say.

Last point, that we are benching defensemen when it is our pathetic offense costing us games ..... Well .... It truly is the Predators way. This is one of the worst run even strength offensive attacks I have ever seen: miscast lines, poor gameplan, lack of talent, poor ice time distribution.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Wow...another goose egg. We are now ranked 29th in goals.

Side note: This tells you how bad Buffalo is. They are 30th...with 32 fewer goals. Whoa!!

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

I'm as ready for a change as anybody, but I'll defer to Trotz on his decisions with Dmen. It's not like this organization doesn't know how to develop them. How many current and former Preds represented their country in international & Olympic games recently? And that list doesn't include Hamhuis.

Fire Trotz because he can't develop forwards who can score. Challenging his decisions with defensemen is stretching it.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I saw this mention from @virgiltrucks - this team has either scored one goal or less in a whopping 25 games this season. And that number will go up before everything is said and done.

Wow. :thumbd:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Fire Trotz because he can't develop forwards who can score. Challenging his decisions with defensemen is stretching it.

Agreed. He commented that MDZ was great the first few games here, but has had some mistakes over the last few games. I haven't even noticed him over the last couple weeks. He's probably right. I wouldn't get too crazy about this...

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
IMO if any defenseman should have been scratched it should have been Seth Jones and not Del Zotto. He has had far more defensive lapses than Del Zotto not to mention has been struggling to produce himself lately just like the rest of the team.

Exactly. Jones plays like he's exhausted. He needs a break for rest if nothing else.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Exactly. Jones plays like he's exhausted. He needs a break for rest if nothing else.

Yeah I just think w/ his inexperience and age he's still learning and will make mistakes and for that reason should have limited ice time but then gradually increase it once he starts improving. Right now the amount of time he is getting is probably taxing.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Heaven forbid a coach has expectations for a player. But I guess that's just for HF board fans..... MDZ had the same issues in NY he got comfortable here and returns to doing what he wants to do. As the article points out he has 310 NHL games. He has always been touted as a offensive defenseman. Well how has he done since coming to Nashville? To save your time looking it up 3 assists in 18 games. Whats funny KK has had a goal and 3 assists in the Rangers uni. I never liked the trade and what does it matter we got a younger player that needs a new contract and to beat it all "Michael Del Zotto's qualifying offer is for $2,900,000".

MDZ's game is not a good fit for this team, he admits he loves the streach pass. Problem is we have nobody that can receive that pass. MDZ is weak in the corner and invisible most of the time. I do recall a nice hip check just after they came back from the break but other than that he has done nothing positive.

Poor Trotz gets hammered here for coaching and making coaching decisions. He also gets hammered for not doing so. WHile It would probably benefit Jones to watch a couple games from the pressbox if for nothing else just to see the way the other defenders play. Jones is a smart guy and is willing to change his game and get better. I just do not see that in MDZ.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
At this point I'm almost ready for them to race for the 'bottom' as much as possible... Calling up the kiddos from Milwaukee won't help the end result here this season and will be better served playing for a playoff-run in the AHL.

Plus, how many spots can we move up if we lose-out?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So. How bad was it? I didn't even look, I'm not really in the caring mode right now.

(Two funerals - one today and one sometime next week - will do that for you.)

Sorry Joe. Been there, done that. I wish you all the best but I can't even get over my blues as well.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Eh, isn't Jones the only one who's on a streak to play every game? Not that it should or does matter, but there, I'll throw that explanation out why he wasn't scratched instead of MDZ.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I don't have the will power or strength to suggest how to fix this. DEPRESSING! :cry:

Except Trotz is NOT the answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad