GDT: Game 70: Columbus at New York Islanders | 3/18 1PM

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well let's see Karlsson or Anderson, Karlsson or Anderson, Karlsson or Anderson. Not a hard pick for me. I try to protect Anderson over Karlsson ten times out of ten,

Trying the false dichotomy or dilemma route eh?

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
No doubt, the CBJ's young, skilled puck-handling dmen make them deadly in OT. They are able defenders but they're like having an extra forward out there in the offensive zone.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm not advocating re-signing Gagner as I don't think he his likely cost or terms will fit. But when Gagner moved to center, he filled a huge need for the Jackets - goal scoring from that position.

While we have a couple of good centers, collectively we don't score a lot of goals for the position. I think we will need a center who can put the puck in the net and have either Wid Bill or Sedlak man the 4C slot. So I guess I am less concerned about losing Karlsson (more concerned about our overall choices if Hartnell doesn't waive).

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Trying the false dichotomy or dilemma route eh?

So...you've found some loophole to protect more forwards? Cause I guess we are morons for missing it...

1. Foligno
  2. Dubinsky
  3. Saad
  4. Atkinson
  5. Wennberg
  6. Jenner
  7. Anderson or Karlsson (dependent on Hartnell waiving no trade)

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
Well let's see Karlsson or Anderson, Karlsson or Anderson, Karlsson or Anderson. Not a hard pick for me. I try to protect Anderson over Karlsson ten times out of ten,

agreed...Anderson's stock is rising up, up, and away....the 38/17/34 line was spectacular today

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So...you've found some loophole to protect more forwards? Cause I guess we are morons for missing it...

1. Foligno
  2. Dubinsky
  3. Saad
  4. Atkinson
  5. Wennberg
  6. Jenner

Let's see.

1. There was an article a couple of weeks back discussing on TSN in which there was discussion on how the NHL wanted all the side deals that the teams made with the our new entry in the league be formally registered with the league. You know the type that involve compensation for not drafting players.

2. Oh I don't know maybe we trade one of the players on the list. Not necessarily to keep us losing Karlsson but to either help the team or deal with potential cap difficulties. Perhaps Kalrsson is the guy, although i see that being unlikely.

3. From what I understand all teams have to expose 25% of the salary from the previous years payroll. I haven't looked to see if we can address part of that with Clarkson. You might see higher payroll player(s) exposed, ones you wouldn't expect.

4. Vegas will only take 1 player from each team (has to), we're assuming that we can read minds and figure out which player that is.

5. I wasn't calling the posters here morons, I indicated the front office would be. All I've accused people of here thinking in black and white. We have a long way to go until the expansion draft and lot of things can happen between now and then. The way that people around here present this kind of remind me of Wrath of Khan and his two dimensional thinking. That is not intended as an insult. We just make the list based on how things are right now and we jump to conclusions.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

1. Foligno
  2. Dubinsky
  3. Saad
  4. Atkinson
  5. Wennberg
  6. Jenner

Yep, and the Cbj would be morons if they protected Karlsson and let Anderson get taken in the expansion draft . In all honesty it's not close . Anderson now has 16 goals , and 11 assist , in his rookie season, he made boll expendable , because he will take anyone on , and when I think of bluejacket hockey , identity , big , fast , physical , and hard to play against , I think Josh Anderson

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Big 2... still need 2 tomorrow to really keep the pressure on WSH/PIT

Hell, at this point every game feels huge.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Props to Korpisalo, he came a lot better this time around. Didn't have much of a chance on either goal but he made some good close-range stops to let the team do its thing.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
In other action today, how is this even possible?!?

That's crazy in the context of a game.

Huselius would do it for fans during warmups though. First time I saw it I gained a lot of respect for his ability. (of course, there wasn't a post near it)

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Good game by the CBJ. Really shut down the Isles, and without Griess playing out of his mind I think we win this easily in regulation. Guy definitely stole a point for the Isles.

Man, oh man, 4 of the top 5 teams in the NHL from the Metro. Unbelievable.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Good game by the CBJ. Really shut down the Isles, and without Griess playing out of his mind I think we win this easily in regulation. Guy definitely stole a point for the Isles.

Man, oh man, 4 of the top 5 teams in the NHL from the Metro. Unbelievable.

Most amazing of all is that we are one of them!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Let's see.

1. There was an article a couple of weeks back discussing on TSN in which there was discussion on how the NHL wanted all the side deals that the teams made with the our new entry in the league be formally registered with the league. You know the type that involve compensation for not drafting players.

2. Oh I don't know maybe we trade one of the players on the list. Not necessarily to keep us losing Karlsson but to either help the team or deal with potential cap difficulties. Perhaps Kalrsson is the guy, although i see that being unlikely.

3. From what I understand all teams have to expose 25% of the salary from the previous years payroll. I haven't looked to see if we can address part of that with Clarkson. You might see higher payroll player(s) exposed, ones you wouldn't expect.

4. Vegas will only take 1 player from each team (has to), we're assuming that we can read minds and figure out which player that is.

5. I wasn't calling the posters here morons, I indicated the front office would be. All I've accused people of here thinking in black and white. We have a long way to go until the expansion draft and lot of things can happen between now and then. The way that people around here present this kind of remind me of Wrath of Khan and his two dimensional thinking. That is not intended as an insult. We just make the list based on how things are right now and we jump to conclusions.

Trading one of the players on the current list would just bring back another player that needs protected, so it doesn't solve anything (unless your talking CBJ doing a two for 1 such as Wennberg/Jenner for Duchene, which seems crazy in itself).

In the end, the only guarantee Karlsson stays is if he's protected. Sure, Jarmo could throw other assets out there for a protection deal on Karlsson, but Vegas is under no obligation to accept it.

Personally, I'd think Korpisalo would be a better target for Vegas. Doesn't matter, this is the wrong thread. I haven't bothered even going in the expansion draft threads because I'd rather focus on enjoying the current season.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Help me understand this vegas entry draft: Why is Werenski/ Borjkstrand exempt based on his being a rookie - but Anderson is not? I don't understand the difference can someone please explain that to me?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Help me understand this vegas entry draft: Why is Werenski/ Borjkstrand exempt based on his being a rookie - but Anderson is not? I don't understand the difference can someone please explain that to me?

If you have two years of pro experience going into this year.
Anderson played 2 years in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad