Post-Game Talk: GAME #70: Canucks 4 vs. Rangers 1 (Boeser, Motte x2, Virtanen)

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
The rags seem to always give us a hard game. But I think petey and co start light the lamp in this one. 4-3 for the good guys.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
This #fetish some people have with jersey numbers triggers me way more than it should.

As long as they don't wear 66, 99 or 69 I couldn't give a ****.

The only stance I have on jersey numbers is I really want the team to start using 11 again to get the stank off it. Actually I kind of want them to let a total scrub wear it.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
So much cognitive dissonance. Would like to see a loss but I also wanna see Markstrom/Demko succeed and the young players to thrive.

4-3 loss, Rags with 40+ shots. Pouliot and Erickson on for all 3 goals against. Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Gaudette, and Goldobin with points. That's the compromise.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How has Demko been looking all?? any chance this kid starts getting a few more games in net, or with a playoff race still here not much of a chance to showcase what he can do? thanks all..

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
If its not aesthetics wtf makes this specific combination of numbers objectively worse than other numbers...?

Of course it's aesthetics. What else could it be? Brock Boeser looks f***ing cool sporting #6. It's all about appearance, which is completely subjective. Getting triggered by someone else's taste makes little sense.

I don't really care that much, and was joking with my previous post, but Hughes jersey would undoubtedly look better with a 2 on the back than something stupid like 43.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
How has Demko been looking all?? any chance this kid starts getting a few more games in net, or with a playoff race still here not much of a chance to showcase what he can do? thanks all..
He’s been alright. Had a God awful defense in front of him so taking that into account he’s been good. There’s no playoff race left, we’re out, no chance we make the playoffs. Demko should get more games now.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Tanev and Brisbois are in tonight per Green, so I'm gonna guess Pouliot and Schenn out? Or maybe Biega has a rest?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
This coach and GM run this team so poorly. With 13 games left in they really need to be finding answers for next year, like a decision on Goldobin, who has played better of late. For what sensible reason is he sitting again so Granlund can be in the line-up??

Not even a question on a properly run hockey team that Granlund should be let go and not be resigned as an RFA. Why is he even playing in these last few games??

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
This coach and GM run this team so poorly. With 13 games left in they really need to be finding answers for next year, like a decision on Goldobin, who has played better of late. For what sensible reason is he sitting again so Granlund can be in the line-up??

Not even a question on a properly run hockey team that Granlund should be let go and not be resigned as an RFA. Why is he even playing in these last few games??

I think the fact that Goldobin is sitting says that we've already made a desicion on Goldobin.

And rightfully so .. he sucks. Can't win with him. Hoping to trade him for a pick at the draft or a prospect who like Goldy needs a scenery change. Maybe Ho Sang ?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Two teams who'll be on the golf course by early April.......Over the past four seasons nobody has 'out tanked' the Canucks in March. Two seasons ago in Willie D's final season, the Canucks won in Minny in Brock Boeser's debut, and then lose eight straight to close out their schedule. So they're certainly capable.

Rangers went into OT with the Oilers the other night.....could easily see the same in tomorrow night's game....maybe 4-3 for the Canucks?

Agreed except one of the teams acquired 15 extra draft picks including 3 extra 1st rounders.

The other team is ours.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I think the fact that Goldobin is sitting says that we've already made a desicion on Goldobin.

And rightfully so .. he sucks. Can't win with him. Hoping to trade him for a pick at the draft or a prospect who like Goldy needs a scenery change. Maybe Ho Sang ?

So sit him to lower any market value he has in favor of an RFA who has no market value?

Laughable we have a coach who actually puts Granlund on an NHL powerplay.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
So sit him to lower any market value he has in favor of an RFA who has no market value?

Laughable we have a coach who actually puts Granlund on an NHL powerplay.

Goldy would probably lower his value if he player.

Granlund I think were trying to prop up as well to trade.

Either way, no point in sweating over both

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Goldobin has zero value and this is the last organization that would trade for Ho-Sang. Hilarious that Benning’s best trade deadline to date (Burrows and Hansen trades) could result in nothing so quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad