Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 -BRUINS 6 Ottawa 2

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Any one of those 3 could have first star, and I wouldn't complain. I loved that Pasta scored on a deflection, a breakaway, and a backhander, 2 of them non-usual Pasta goal types. That deflection was sick.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
IMO they aren't competing for the same spot. A speedy open ice C/LW vs a big body RW there for board battles and net front presence.
Can’t have brazeau and maroon both on the 4th line though. Entirely too slow defensively

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Beecher 11-15 on the dot.......man the kid is good!

Going to be interesting to see when Maroon is healthy who stays in and who comes out?

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta looks like they're gonna be solidified as the top line right now.
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk is line line 1B

Id do
JVR-Geekie-Freddy, that's a real heavy 3rd line
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
That leaves Lauko and Boqvist as the 13-14th forwards.
I can maybe see Boqvist in for Beecher but Beecher aint making that an easy decision. Maybe JVR sits now that we've seen Brazeau on the PP? Two beauties last night

I think it depends who they're playing. The lineup you've listed is solid and pretty heavy but lacks pace. Against Washington, for example, that would be fine. But against the Leafs or Panthers I'm absolutely playing at least one of Boqvist or Lauko to inject some speed. Just about getting the balance right depending on the opponent and situation. Nice thing is the Bruins have some options as to different ways they can go.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It also amazing posters reminding everyone what our record is with the line up. As much as its great its also a reminder to anyone with a clue what generational goaltending can do. Never mind having two of them.

For an example put our goaltending in the Ottawa net and that team becomes an instant wagon.

Its also amazing how these GM's have jobs paying these stiff goaltenders the money they do.

80% of net minders in todays game are gross

The importance of good goaltending is undeniable. But in regards to the GMs, your criticism is only valid if there are good goalies out there not being used. If there is a dearth of good netminders, and I'd say the general standard does seem to be down slightly at present, then there's only so much top talent to go around and GMs can only use the best available. Some are going to miss out. Boston are extremely fortunate to have two top guys.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
tomorrow will be a good test.
i think bruins play so much better against the good teams
last nite was horrible. if not for ullmark that game is like a 2 goal lead minimum for ott after 2 periods.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
last nite was horrible. if not for ullmark that game is like a 2 goal lead minimum for ott after 2 periods.
Bring it on.

I can’t remember the Rangers ever beating the Bruins without a superb performance from their ‘tender. I think the Bruins win this one easily.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I've been saying most of the season that you can put Heinen on any line from 1 to 4 and he will contribute. Hopefully, he gets an extension. I expect he will b/c he and Monty go back a long way to U Denver.

That's always been one of his strong points as a player and a big reason why I was glad to see him back on the Bs.

Grizz will be in, though, so they will probably lose due to his numerous mistakes :naughty:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bring it on.

I can’t remember the Rangers ever beating the Bruins without a superb performance from their ‘tender. I think the Bruins win this one easily.

Really? Only have to think back to November - Quick was ok in net for NY but gave up 4 goals on 31 shots, not exactly stellar, but it didn't matter as the Bruins coughed up 7. Even in the much tighter affair the following month Shesterkin was fine but Swayman saw a lot more rubber. So I think it's fair to say that the Bruins were competitive in both games but ultimately simply outplayed.

However I do think we can beat them. Have to be tighter and quicker to react defensively, and can't get into a shooting match which is almost certainly bound to fail. Good puck management, put some pressure back on their D, and hopefully good things will happen. Should be a great game.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Really? Only have to think back to November - Quick was ok in net for NY but gave up 4 goals on 31 shots, not exactly stellar, but it didn't matter as the Bruins coughed up 7. Even in the much tighter affair the following month Shesterkin was fine but Swayman saw a lot more rubber. So I think it's fair to say that the Bruins were competitive in both games but ultimately simply outplayed.

However I do think we can beat them. Have to be tighter and quicker to react defensively, and can't get into a shooting match which is almost certainly bound to fail. Good puck management, put some pressure back on their D, and hopefully good things will happen. Should be a great game.
You’ve obviously been paying closer attention than I, my friend.

But be that as it may, I like the Bruins’ chances against the Rangers.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I think Carolina, Boston and Florida are the class of the east with Carolina vs FLA/BOS a lock conference final

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That's always been one of his strong points as a player and a big reason why I was glad to see him back on the Bs.

Grizz will be in, though, so they will probably lose due to his numerous mistakes :naughty:
hes been playing better, but should be on 3rd pairing. he is going to get murdered on pairing 1 in playoffs

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Who was the last NHL winger to take all the faceoffs for his center? Anyone know?

It's fun that Beecher is doing that on the Boqvist line.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I keep thinking that's not possible.

Then I remember the EK65 deal, lol
I keep sway no way. Hes a franchise goalie.

I was waiting for someone else to post that because I was about to. :laugh:

TB isn't even a lock for the playoffs yet but I wouldn't be shocked if they were in the ECF. . .
Anything can happen I remember the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley cup final not too long ago and i kept saying is this ea sports video game?

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad