Pre-Game Talk: GAME 70 7:08 PM - A desperate Ottawa team comes to Boston - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1679386009981.png

1679386604048.png

1679386091486.png

1679386138665.png

1679386331805.png

Officials

1679386836513.png
1679386862951.png

Referees Furman South (13), Kendrick Nicholson (30)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Mark Shewchyk (92)

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Senators tonight in the 4th and final game between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 Ottawa visits to TD Garden. - They are 53-11-5 overall this season and they are 27-3-3 on home ice ... The Bruins are 29-7-3 vs Eastern Conference opponents. - This is the 12th 50-win season in Bruins history ... It is their second straight 50-win campaign and the most since 4 straight from 1970-71—1973-74 ... The total at the 64-game mark were the fastest 50 wins in NHL history. - The Bruins open a 3-game home stand tonight vs. Ottawa, continuing with Montreal on 3/23 and Tampa Bay on 3/25

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Matt Grzelcyk is 2 assists short of his 100th NHL assist. - A.J. Greer is 2 games shy of his 100th NHL game. - David Pastrnak is 3 points short of his 600 BHL point

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2022-23: 101) - Derek Forbort – Lower body - Taylor Hall: Lower body (LTIR) Nick Foligno: Lower body (IR)

BOSTON vs OTTAWA, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Senators are meeting for the 153rd time in their histories with the Bruins having an 88-44-8-12 record and 482-378 scoring edge in those games. - They are 47-21-5-4 vs. Ottawa on home ice with a 262-194 scoring advantage.

1679386455247.png

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Be ready to go from puck drop. Developing good habits like that now will come in handy. We can't afford to backslide one bit. So, stay focused. Play hard. Play smart. Shoot the puck. Good things will happen boys when you do. Be physical. And no injuries please!

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'll be stuck with the Canadian feed tonight, so please don't give them anything to cheer about. Finish them, crush their dreams and make the commentators cry. Hoping to add to the goal differential with no injuries.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Let's avoid the 'home game after a road trip' slump. Keep rolling and put another of these pretender teams away. I rate the Sens more than Buffalo and Detroit at this point, but still they're not playoff-worthy just yet.

I think Bertuzzi scores his first for the Bs here. He's been getting closer, this one feels like the charm.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Well this game I believe the Bruins flex their muscles and continue to dominate at home. I wonder who the Sens start in net as I saw last nights highlights and Dylan Ferguson looked pretty good last night stopping 48 of 49 shots. Should be a good one but I hope the Bruins bring their "A" game. "Here we go Bruins" "Here We Go"

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Let's avoid the 'home game after a road trip' slump. Keep rolling and put another of these pretender teams away. I rate the Sens more than Buffalo and Detroit at this point, but still they're not playoff-worthy just yet.

I think Bertuzzi scores his first for the Bs here. He's been getting closer, this one feels like the charm.

I still get a vibe from Bertuzzi he still wishes he was in Detroit. That said hopefully he blames Ottawa for his trade, as they effectively ended Detroit's PO hopes when they
trashed Detroit several weeks ago. I think he has a good game tonight.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I still get a vibe from Bertuzzi he still wishes he was in Detroit. That said hopefully he blames Ottawa for his trade, as they effectively ended Detroit's PO hopes when they
Interesting. I think he’s played well in Boston but I also feel like something is a little off at times. Maybe you are right.

Something also tells me that once the action picks up next month he will be all in

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Interesting. I think he’s played well in Boston but I also feel like something is a little off at times. Maybe you are right.

Something also tells me that once the action picks up next month he will be all in

Yes, I think when PO start he will be all in, more animated. I have had no issue with his effort.

Time to rest some players...Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta.

Will be plenty of time for that after they clinch home ice.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Be ready to go from puck drop. Developing good habits like that now will come in handy. We can't afford to backslide one bit. So, stay focused. Play hard. Play smart. Shoot the puck. Good things will happen boys when you do. Be physical. And no injuries please!

You already know the drill!
View attachment 673215

OK.

Seems like a lot of these "desperate" teams are getting hammer lately.

Reactions: Mione134

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

He looks like what Peverley and Kelly looked like when they got traded to Boston in 2011. Both struggled and then came alive in the playoffs.

I think people are looking for things at this point.

He's got a new baby and was traded from an organization he spent 9 years in. He's only played 8 games for the B's and Sunday was his best yet.

Babajingo

Stutzle is really growing into quite the player for Ottawa. I always liked the pick. Good to see him start to reach his potential. He will be giving the Bruins fits for years to come
Agree, and I think the loss of Norris this year really hurt them. He was ready to take the next step. They have a good young core, just need to fill in around the edges. Which is always the hard part.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agreed but I was wondering if he has a wife and kids? I mean, if they're still in the Detroit area because he has no contract after next year, he doesn't know where he's going to be after the playoffs. He probably does still, mentally feel ungrounded. IMHO he's going through the motions. I liken it to the idea of 'what if a younger Marchand was traded from here?' He'd be pining for his best bud, (possibly) his family, familiar places and faces. I hope that the real Tyler Bertuzzi blossoms by/in the playoffs. He's probably wondering right now if he should've just signed with the Wings and stayed put?

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Agree, and I think the loss of Norris this year really hurt them. He was ready to take the next step. They have a good young core, just need to fill in around the edges. Which is always the hard part.

They have a good young top 4 D core of Chabot, Chychrun, Sanderson and Zub. Add Hamonic and its much better than last years D corp. Their issue is in net and some strong defensive forwards.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Ottawa has played us hard this year, they've been a handful so we better play a full 60 minutes if we want the 2 points....which we should as I'm not sure Boston wants Ottawa getting the 8th seed due to their mixture of youth and skill .... those type of teams can sometimes catch lightening in a bottle because they haven't learned "they can't and they shouldn't"....that round 1 match up would be their Stanley cup ......still think Boston would handle them in a 7 game series because our leadership knows not to take anything for granted

On a separate note, I watched Cocaine Bear this weekend .... kinda funny and worth the watch if you like humour gore .... not sure if we have anyone on the current roster as mean as that cocaine bear ....Chara definitely would have given the bear a good fight though ....they have the same crazy eyes when angry

Reactions: hrdpuk and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad