GDT: Game 70: 3/17 Luck of the Irish Bruins @Tampa Bay Lightning 7pm ET NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Carlo is leading ice time by 2 minutes, 14 minutes all even strength, even though he has 4 minutes of penalties. Nice to see Bruce putting a lot of trust in him in a huge game. His confidence is definitely back up from that February drop off.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In games I`ve watched the Bolts not playing the B`s, there success comes often when teams try and run around chasing them. Stay in your zones/lanes, force them to create rather than race around chasing them. Just one dummies thoughts

This is an excellent summation.I think you nailed it.Tampa will push hard here in 3rd.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DYiELL_VQAEWU4f.jpg:large

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I think he will be - it's probably his last coaching job- I believe his family lives here and will stay here and raise their family which is 3 young ones

He must look at the Bruins and want to cry - if he was coaching this team as successful as they are he could have had a 20 year run

As much as I loved Claude behind our bench, they wouldn't be...

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I'm missing the game but keeping tabs on the score. Backes got sliced? What the heck!?!?! As if we needed another injury. By the sounds of it, if it's 'only' stitches then he is lucky. I wonder how much time he'll miss. Assuming he's fine, aside from the stitches, is there a possibility that he misses time while the cut heals due to a potential infection?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm missing the game but keeping tabs on the score. Backes got sliced? What the heck!?!?! As if we needed another injury. By the sounds of it, if it's 'only' stitches then he is lucky. I wonder how much time he'll miss. Assuming he's fine, aside from the stitches, is there a possibility that he misses time while the cut heals due to a potential infection?

It's going to be real sore . And I am sure he will not want no rubbing against it or be hit there for a bit.Just my 2 cents .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is an excellent summation.I think you nailed it.Tampa will push hard here in 3rd.
remember all those years, if not decades where the Bruins used to do this vs the Habs. Only difference there would be they were trying to decapitate them at every turn but there is still a similar pattern. When teams chase opponents, it almost always winds up leaving open men, when you play within a disciplined system, it forces the opponent to try and create and when your a team used to putting up numbers like the Bolts, when that isn`t working it`s tough on them.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
remember all those years, if not decades where the Bruins used to do this vs the Habs. Only difference there would be they were trying to decapitate them at every turn but there is still a similar pattern. When teams chase opponents, it almost always winds up leaving open men, when you play within a disciplined system, it forces the opponent to try and create and when your a team used to putting up numbers like the Bolts, when that isn`t working it`s tough on them.

Yea now that I think about it your right .They did get caught running and going out of position for big hit.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Carlo is leading ice time by 2 minutes, 14 minutes all even strength, even though he has 4 minutes of penalties. Nice to see Bruce putting a lot of trust in him in a huge game. His confidence is definitely back up from that February drop off.

They need to dial back a little he starting to look a tad tired. Doesn’t seem Holden is playing much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad