Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The 50 point 3rd liner I was referring to was Richards.

It doesn't matter. At the end of the day our labels for the quality of the team are irrelevant, its about how they perform on the ice.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@EliasSports: The team that scores first in a Game 7 holds a 111-38 (.745) all-time record. #StanleyCup

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
As far as NYR playoff series have gone traditionally since the Lundqvist era, this is a really high scoring affair. That cuts down a bit on the importance of the first goal.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
All the suits will be there in full force tonight, casually taking in a game 7. Careful enough as not to get too crazy to the point where they may drop their sushi or spill their merlot in a cup on their Kenneth Cole three pieces. Tickets are up to $200 a pop.....in Philly they were around $80. Real fans are priced out. That place is gonna be a morgue.

I'm sitting in Row 1 in the Lounges for $60/ticket. You just have to be crafty. Or you could, you know, just stay butthurt.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Can't blame Lundqvist for last night.

The gaffe on the 3rd goal was backbreaking, but the momentum of a dominant first 5 minutes was killed by an idiotic penalty, horrific/lazy defensive work and some bad bounces.

He had no chance on the first two goals.

That said, there is no room for error in game 7. No soft goals. No bad rebounds. No misplaying the puck. And he needs to pray McD and Girardi step it up.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm starting to think that this is more of a coaching battle rather than a team battle...

If we're alternating wins and losses in such polar opposite ways, you have to think that the coach that comes off a win is a bit high on that win, and the coach that loses goes crazy with tape, reviews, practice, etc...

I'm not saying Berube is outcoaching AV, but it seems one is always a step over the other...

Toss in a random "I'm gunna be a super star goalie tonight" and a garbage goal, maybe a missed goal or two, terrible refs (for both teams this entire series), star players not showing up (Giroux and Nash in particular), and possibly even Bettman's dying wish for a 3rd game 7 (which will make up for the 3 lost games in TB-MTL), and you have what we have...

vrgadin

Apr 22, 2014
They might win tomorrow, but after tonight they don't deserve to. They deserve to lose and spend all summer thinking about their lack of a killer instinct and their over reliance on game 7 being at the garden.

The Rangers best players need to be the best players, instead of mostly disappointing. And, despite the 3 secondary assists, Nash needs to score. If he is a no show tomorrow and the Rangers bow out, he will pretty much cement his reputation with the fans and it will turn ugly.

Lets face it, hank is no richter either. Hes been abysmal. He also lacks the clutch gene big time. He was just a complete joke last night and im begining to think hes fallen off big time with age a bit early

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
If McDonagh were himself this series doesn't get to six games. Really hoping he breaks through. As badly as I want Nash to score, I really like his game right now, he's getting some great chances, most of them he creates himself, and one is bound to go in eventually. McDonagh though--he's our difference maker. Except for Lundqvist, no single player on our team can impact a game as much as McDonagh. If he's at 100% not only are we scoring more, Philly is not scoring. Those two things together usually lead to wins. Here's hoping game 7 brings something out of him. We'll need it.

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
I'm convinced that the graying of my hair has nothing to do with age, but is a direct result of being a Ranger fan. That and my growing forehead. And shortness of breath. There's also some sleep issues and this recent twitch...

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Last night they were trying to come out playing like it was an elimination game...Well tonight it actually is an elimination game. Let's see how much heart this team really has when it's backed into a corner.

We're the better team, but we'll lose in a heartbeat to a far less skilled team with more heart and will to win.

lgr

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Lets face it, hank is no richter either. Hes been abysmal. He also lacks the clutch gene big time. He was just a complete joke last night and im begining to think hes fallen off big time with age a bit early

He's one of the players I meant that has been disappointing. Hank hasn't been terrible, but certainly not up to his standards, as well as several WTF moments.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I've said from the beginning that I thought this would go 7 games so it's really not all that surprising.

Buuuuuuut......

The frustrating thing about this team is that we have looked (at times) like we should sweep this series. Then again after last night it looked like we could be on the opposite end of that broom.

sooooo....

It's one game. Now we will find out what we really have.

Honestly I feel like it will be MSL to be the hero or otherwise we lose. Forget Nash. Brad is MUCH more capable of getting us this win than Nash. Even Zuuc.

Anyway, I'll be at the game bringing my mild applause. (Good show Rangers! Cheers!). If you are sitting next to me please try to control your raucous behavior. Wouldn't want you bumping into me and spilling my Bordeaux now woild we? Us one-percenters don't drink that pedestrian merlot old chap, and we certainly don't buy our suits off the rack!! Kenneth Cole indeed!

BarbaraAlphanse

We've seen this type of series before. Rangers Caps 2 years ago. See-saw. We went up 3-2, they tied it 3-3 in Wash, we came back and won it 2-1 in game 7 at MSG.

Stay disciplined. Play passionate. Henrik needs to stand on his head. See you in Pitt.

Don't do these 3 things... see you in Fort Lauderdale cause we're going golfing boys.

Believe. We will win tonight.

I won't be posting in the GDT. Every time I haven't we have won, every time I have we have lost. All positive juju needs to harnessed today.

Let's go boys.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Has anyone tried to stream the games online? I live in CT and have access to MSG on my tv but I'll be out and want to bring my laptop so I can watch the game....

BarbaraAlphanse

That's a pipe dream. Subban was never available.

There were reports that after he turned them down the 2nd or 3rd time, their GM was tired of his antics. He had already skipped some time. And he was reportedly on the block.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
As far as NYR playoff series have gone traditionally since the Lundqvist era, this is a really high scoring affair. That cuts down a bit on the importance of the first goal.

are you sure?

Someone posted Hank's game 7 numbers and they weren't indicative of high scoring.

10 goals for the Rangers, 4 goals for the opposition.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Very ****ing promising. No sarcasm. I have high hopes for this game.

Just wish that's how he could have played last night, too.

If I can play Devil's advocate here...

Part of the issue some folks have with what you say is the bolded...

You make it sound like Hank could've done something last night to shut them out, or keep them to one goal.

Could he have played better? Maybe. Would it have changed the outcome? No.

The team as a whole **** the bed last night and there's very little, if anything that ONE player could have done to stem that. Including Hank.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I have just two words:

Start Talbot.

Will not happen, I know. I believe tonight we will win with Hank in net, but with Talbot it would be a sure thing. Lundqvist needs to rest to regain his peak form he had in March for Sochi. If we win I'd go with Talbot 1st game against Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad