Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: Who will be the Beast of the East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
All depends on Bishop. Our skaters have been as good as or better than the Rangers skaters for a majority of this series. The difference has been in goal. If he is sharp and has a strong game, we win 3-1. If he has another game like 3/4/6, we lose 5-2.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Easy win. Flu bug will be gone by Friday. Rangers have burned all their fuel last game. We have a positive record at MSG. We were never behind this series (we either lead or it got tied). Stralman has never lost a game 7. Bish got his bell rung, now he'll be extra sharp. In fact, the entire team will be on fire after that blowout. Callahan has awaken (offensively). I could go on and on!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
All depends on Bishop. Our skaters have been as good as or better than the Rangers skaters for a majority of this series. The difference has been in goal. If he is sharp and has a strong game, we win 3-1. If he has another game like 3/4/6, we lose 5-2.

Agree. It's all about Bish and our play in front of him.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Rangers will probably be on full game 7 mode including Lundqvist which means that this will be really tough. Bishop HAS to be on top of his game or else it won't end well. The series has been so random that I can't even make a prediction. I'm just expecting this to be an absolute blowout or a really grindy game with only a few goals scored.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
My only wish for tomorrow is for the officials. If it's a penalty, ****ing call it. None of this "let em play" crap.

Still can't believe ZERO penalties were called in 2011 against the Bruins. Awful.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Two days off. Minds are clear. Bodies are as healthy as they can be this time of year.

One game. Three periods. 60 minutes.

Chance to play for the championship.

Whole season and most of their careers all come down to one game.

Leave it all on the ice.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Tomorow is the day Nikita Kucherov's name is written in the history books

I think he can be huge. For some odd reason, Lundqvist seems to have trouble tracking his shots. Our own net is the one that scares me. Bishop has been very shaky this series. I'm hoping he regains his clutch gene from game 7 against Detroit. We were outplayed that game in the early stages, he kept us in it, and we ended up winning. If Bishop plays well, I think we can pull this off. Lundqvist is great, but human. There is only so much a goalie can do. If Bishop keeps us around, I think we have a good chance.

I think Stamkos comes out strong and sets the tone, and Kuch pots 1 or 2. I really hope we can lock it up on D. We were excellent in game 5, and horrendous for that stretch of game 6. It seems that we are one or the other most of the time. Let's hope it's the good one this time, and let's hope that our team is healthy. If the flu rumors are true, that could have played into our 3rd period collapse last game.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I think Hedman has another gear, as well. This could be the last game of the season. Let him play some Duncan Keith minutes, Coop.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I think Hedman has another gear, as well. This could be the last game of the season. Let him play some Duncan Keith minutes, Coop.

I will be very disappointed if Hedman/Stralman don't each get 30+ mins tomorrow. The thing is, it's either the last game of the season or you have 5 days off until game 1 of the Finals.

So either way there is zero excuse not to severely play your horses into the ground.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Everyone likes to hype up a game 7 royal rumble.. Yet most of them are not so fierce because none of the players wants to take a penalty that leads to a opposition goal. I think this favors the Lightning because they have more offensive speed and skill.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I will be very disappointed if Hedman/Stralman don't each get 30+ mins tomorrow. The thing is, it's either the last game of the season or you have 5 days off until game 1 of the Finals.

So either way there is zero excuse not to severely play your horses into the ground.

Yep. Go all in or go home.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Come on guys...do us all a favor in New Jersey (Isles fan) and bounce these idiots out of the playoffs...not to mention i have a soft spot for TB considering i lived in Tampa for 4 years.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
game sevens anything and everything can happen.

i liked our play for two periods myself i really felt we would put a period out and win the game 3-2 or more after the first two periods

we felll asleep and paid dearly i like our team we bounce back well think we have proven we are better team except a couple mistakes in the last 3 games if we play as well as did except to me two periods in this series I think we win.

We are soooooooo fast and at times we have really taken it to them:)

I am happy we are doing more then I expected need bish to be bishop need more defense could use some kindness by refs and avoid lucky bounces but even with bad reffing and bad bounces I said this game six they are not going to quit we simply need to do one thing to win

outscore them we are the number one scoring team for a reason the triplets will not be denied stamkos is back callahan looks back would love the bottom guys to get some luck honestly in this one but I like our chances

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I want to see every single player on our team go out there and gives 100% then if it isn't enough then fine but I don't want to see them have any regrets that they could have done more when they were in the posistion they are in now because while I know that they probably will make it back here again it won't be this whole group so hope they all see that and they can find that extra gear to try because they have the same opportunity as the other 3 teams still standing so why not them, but it won't happen unless everyone steps up.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
it seems like every other game its either a lightning beatdown on rags or rags on lightning. They had the last beating, so this one is your turn

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I want to see every single player on our team go out there and gives 100% then if it isn't enough then fine but I don't want to see them have any regrets that they could have done more when they were in the posistion they are in now because while I know that they probably will make it back here again it won't be this whole group so hope they all see that and they can find that extra gear to try because they have the same opportunity as the other 3 teams still standing so why not them, but it won't happen unless everyone steps up.

has this team really failed on giving 100 % lately??

i get fans saying things but no team dominates all the time no matter how good you are sometimes is brain issues sometimes is bad goaltending or defense or sometimes luck and officials you cant win them all.

I really maybe am in minority but think this teams effort besides in the 4th game think 3rd period has been good. Just we need to give the respect where its due to other teams playing their hearts out at times and trying their hardest to succeed.

I think a majority of our fans are being very spoiled and most of those fans are negative on this great season and truly find it sad to see.

I feel they are leaving it all out there most of the time as cooper has said no fan should feel robbed in these games lol not in this playoff year:)

I think we are too invested and not always seeing things as clearly as a fan base here facebook etc.. as we should.

Hats off to this team win or lose on friday they impress me and have not let me down no matter fridays outcome I hope some of you in time will feel the same way.

I get you want a cup but winning the cup is never going to be easy this year or any year. IF WE COMPETE IF WE HAVE A SHOT EVERY DAY WE SHOULD FEEL INCREDIBLY FABOULOUS BEING FANS OF THIS INCREDIBLY TALENTED EXCITING FUN TEAM.

Anyway I hope we get a cup but am pretty sure sooner rather then later it will happen I have faith in all involved from the players to the coaches to knew blood coming to vinik and the architech stevie y

we are in good hands I HOPE SOME OF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS TURN AROUND ENJOYED THE GROWTH OF THIS TEAM ENJOYED THEIR UPS AND DOWNS THE TRIALS AND THE LEARNING

I FEEL BLESSED TO WITNESS ALL OF THIS HOPE SOME OF YOU DO ALSO

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
has this team really failed on giving 100 % lately??

i get fans saying things but no team dominates all the time no matter how good you are sometimes is brain issues sometimes is bad goaltending or defense or sometimes luck and officials you cant win them all.

I really maybe am in minority but think this teams effort besides in the 4th game think 3rd period has been good. Just we need to give the respect where its due to other teams playing their hearts out at times and trying their hardest to succeed.

I think a majority of our fans are being very spoiled and most of those fans are negative on this great season and truly find it sad to see.

I feel they are leaving it all out there most of the time as cooper has said no fan should feel robbed in these games lol not in this playoff year:)

I think we are too invested and not always seeing things as clearly as a fan base here facebook etc.. as we should.

Hats off to this team win or lose on friday they impress me and have not let me down no matter fridays outcome I hope some of you in time will feel the same way.

I get you want a cup but winning the cup is never going to be easy this year or any year. IF WE COMPETE IF WE HAVE A SHOT EVERY DAY WE SHOULD FEEL INCREDIBLY FABOULOUS BEING FANS OF THIS INCREDIBLY TALENTED EXCITING FUN TEAM.

Anyway I hope we get a cup but am pretty sure sooner rather then later it will happen I have faith in all involved from the players to the coaches to knew blood coming to vinik and the architech stevie y

we are in good hands I HOPE SOME OF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS TURN AROUND ENJOYED THE GROWTH OF THIS TEAM ENJOYED THEIR UPS AND DOWNS THE TRIALS AND THE LEARNING

I FEEL BLESSED TO WITNESS ALL OF THIS HOPE SOME OF YOU DO ALSO
We are Robert but this is a golden chance for this team! What I want is a team that does not play scared like in 2011! I think we can't play the Rangers game. We have guys like stamkos, Johnson and Hedman that can out skate guys. Odds are we won't get this far in the playoffs next year or the year after. We have what it takes to win this game if our players get that in there heads. We all know the great job vinik and yzerman has done with this teAm. Stamkos said it himself you never know when we will get this chance again! Last chance we had was 4 years ago. So leave everything on the ice go bolts kick butt in game 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad