Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: Who will be the Beast of the East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Got a couple days before the game. Figured we could start discussion.

I'm sick of reading all the negative **** on here. I want some delicious, homerific posts, saying why we'll win.

What the New York Rangers have done in the past bears no relevance to Friday. So what if they're 7-0 in game 7s at home? Killer said it best: they're due.

Everyone knows the team is best with it's back against the wall. Bishop is best with the pressure on as well. That will be the difference. Need tight D, score that first goal.

We are the better team. I know it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If I gave the lightning a game 7 back in October to play the Rangers at msg they would take it go bolts

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Bolts.
Time for the invincibility bubble around The King to be popped.

It'll take a game 5 performance from the team in front of Bishop though. Any less than that and we'll lose.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I've been saying since the start of the series that we can win in 7 games. I still stand by it. This was built to be a 7 game series. Its going to be one hell of a show.

And either way, this team has come a long way in two years. I was saying that we were 2 years out from the playoffs in 2013. Look at how wrong I was. These boys have really changed and grown quick.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I honestly have no idea what will happen. This series has defied all common sense since that 2-1 Game 1. That was the only result that made sense.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
We have an incredible team coming into its own here. In every series, we've seen guys step up in ways we've never seen before (Stamkos absolutely crushing Hayes, Tyler Johnson doing everything, Alex Killorn dragging on three Rangers and sniping the King, etc.), and I half expect to see someone else do something we haven't seen all year long (thinking of Hedman specifically) on Friday.

Anything can happen.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Shutout by Bishop. Shutout shutout shutout. A couple goals from Triplets and one from Killorn. 4-0 Bolts Shutout. Then a sweep of west team

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Just hope we don't come out timid like we did against Detroit. That goes against what this team does best, need to put pressure on them from the start. I still get mad about the last conference final loss to Boston how we sat back most of the game and it seemed like it was inevitable that they would eventually make us pay for a mistake. I was bummed last night but the season ain't over, hope we give em hell tomorrow night.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I'm really not looking forward to the actual game. Rags are the favorites, period. We'll have to play an almost perfect game to win.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No matter what the score is I'm sure Sustr will have an incredible game like usual.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
we can't win with the way we played boston in 2011 playing scared! we must come out and get ahead early. can't let them sit in front of the net! we have to get rebounds on there goalie! I'm sure Stamkos and hedman are telling guys you can't play scared like we did in 2011 ecf game 7.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Bishop has a rebound game similar to game 5 and Henrick goes all game 7 lundquist mode and regulation ends 0-0. Several Overtimes solves nothing so bettman orders a shootout is required where strallman Callahan and B Boyle score but so do Moore, MSL, and D Boyle. When no winner can be crowned they decide to form a joint team because it's the only way the east stands a chance of competing with the mighty wests champion.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Bishop has a rebound game similar to game 5 and Henrick goes all game 7 lundquist mode and regulation ends 0-0. Several Overtimes solves nothing so bettman orders a shootout is required where strallman Callahan and B Boyle score but so do Moore, MSL, and D Boyle. When no winner can be crowned they decide to form a joint team because it's the only way the east stands a chance of competing with the mighty wests champion.

yep so even if we win we get to hear how we will get swept in the cup finals!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'll only be able to see bits and pieces of the game (i'll be hitting a few bars downtown Toronto that night, but won't really be able to watch the full game) It all depends on what Bishop shows up, he is the difference. If he plays well we have a great shot.

C'mon Bolts!!!!! Can't wait to be singing "Thunderstruck" all night after they beat the Rags friday!

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Bolts win 4-3 in triple OT.

Regulation goals by Stamkos, Namestnikov, Stralman.

Stralman with OT winner.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
If we sit back because we're scared to give up anything like against Detroit we'll lose. It might have worked against the wings but it won't here. Have to attack all game and not discouraged because of a few saves that probably shouldve gone in like in game 6.

Safe is death.

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
as long as we play really good, lose or win im ****ing proud of this team! lets just play our hearts out in game 7 and see where it goes!

GO ****ING BOLTS GO!

Goober

Apr 19, 2006
I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

We're just the guys to do it.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Game 7 where heroes are made. Stamkos, you can be this team's hero! Gotham needs you to shine Stammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad