GDT: Game 7 | St. Louis Blues vs. Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsportsmanlike

Marc Madsen
May 20, 2011
Toronto
www.unsportsmanlike.ca
Tootoo just creates a bit more space for his linemates. I think the opposing players are just more aware of him that other players can kind of go about their business a little more. It also seemed like Tootoo and Abdelkader had some chemistry. I say the bottom six tonight should look like:

Cleary - Abdelkader - Tootoo
Miller - Emmerton - Eaves

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Nice GDT Flashy!

This is going to be a tough game for the Wings, but I know they can find a way to win this game. The Blues had a tough, physical game in Columbus last night and Wings haven't played since Tuesday. In theory that should give the Wings an edge, but they'll have to play their hearts out for every single minute of this game. Every Wing has to be on top of their game and give it everything they have. Anything less than that and I don't like our chances. LGW!! :yo:

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
God ****ing damnit, another game on NHL Network? **** you NHL. Sick of having to go stream hunting on sketchy websites even after paying for GC.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Thanks for the GDT!

I'm going to the game tonight! :hyper: :vhappy: :towel: Weird as a youth it seemed like every game I saw live was the Blues (I always wanted to see Edmonton) but now in 2013 I am as glad to watch St. Louis as any team in the league. For me the Blues have become a true rival, I think starting last year, games have been heavy hitting and highly competitive.

We are going to have a much better game than the abomination on Jan. 19th. St. Loui was way more prepared and we were caught off guard. The Red Wings are digging in, getting settled with new teammates and lines. Even with all our injuries and only 6 games in there is an identity forming that i am excited about. There are few times last games I felt so confident, you know when you say "they are the greatest team in the world!" I swear they still got the magic that makes them a perpetual threat. With Howard in net who knows how far they'll go this season.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Coming in peace, just wanted to ask how Huskins was doing. He was an effective 7th d man for when Colaiacovo was sitting out with his weekly injury.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Coming in peace, just wanted to ask how Huskins was doing. He was an effective 7th d man for when Colaiacovo was sitting out with his weekly injury.

He has been really solid for us so far. I can't think of a bad give away he has made off the top of my head. Sound positionally, steady/ simple game. It was refreshing when he stepped in after watching the Quincey - Smith pairing for the first few games :facepalm: :laugh:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

I think he's passed Colaiacovo for the #6 spot. He's been good at blocking shots and providing some solid defensive play for a team that has a habit of getting lost defensively.

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
Maybe I am crazy but after losing to the Blues the first time out in the way that we did and then losing to Chicago and with the shortened season, this is as much of a must win as you can get this early. This will tell us a whole lot about our team and our season.

LETS GO WINGS!!!

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Very clean looking GDT, Flashy.

If Babcock is worth his salt as a coach, he would get Quincy off the ice when Tarasenko comes on. :propeller

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
the blue aer tired and we have had 2 days off.
if we dont beat the blues tonight we will never do it this season.

so 5-1 for the wings

The Blues had a few nights off before Columbus, where they scored 3 quick goals, only to go to sleep for the rest of the game. They were in cruise control. I think Detroit will be hungry enough to win, but it won't be because the Blues are tired.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wings end up with 15 shots on net, gets shutout 3-0

I hope not. Had to sit through the Rangers gAme last night against the Pens. My friend who's a Rangers fan had tix so I went. Wow Rags were horrible. The food is good as always. And they' re doing a nice job with their renovations.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I hope not. Had to sit through the Rangers gAme last night against the Pens. My friend who's a Rangers fan had tix so I went. Wow Rags were horrible.

Me neither, but to be fair, it's a pretty likely end result... detroit match up against blues like ****. Cut down on break aways and they will still score around 3 goals on powerplay and crashing the net in 5on5...On the other end of the ice we know it will be extremely hard to just score once.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Very clean looking GDT, Flashy.

If Babcock is worth his salt as a coach, he would get Quincy off the ice when Tarasenko comes on. :propeller

Funny you posted that, b/c I was thinking that Hitchcock will look to get Tarasenko on the ice anytime he sees Q out here :). Not his whole line necessarily, but just him as much as possible. If Q is on the point for a PP, I fully expect Tarasenko to hop the boards to join the PK, praying for that one-on-one chance for him to blow past Q again for a goal.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
Almost game time, feel good about this one. Wings win 3-2 with goals by Kronwall, Franzen, Datsyuk

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Gee think we can score a 1st period goal tonight. It has to happen sometime just by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad