GDT: Game 7 | St. Louis Blues vs. Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
A couple of comments from last night.

Emmerton has stepped up his game, now we need some points
Tootoo is a good addition, need some points
Cleary is terrible, looks lost on the ice
2nd PP line is ridiculous, looks like chaos
Eaves is playing better every night, I give him a pass so far since he was out for over a year
Howard is playing pretty well
Mule is working hard for this early in the year
Z, Pave;, Brunner all look stellar
Filpula is playing hard, wonder how much his knee is bothering him
We need Helm back soon

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If I was a Blues fan, I would..wait I wouldn't be on this forum because this is a Red Wings forum and I know better than to go whine and argue on other teams' forums.

And don't even give me the big market B.S., that's such crap. You could come up with some "reason" why the NHL would want ANY of its franchises to do well, hell St.Louis looks like a franchise that could use some league help. It's a sizeable market outside the traditional hockey strongholds and there has been some concern about its sustainability, they've never won a Cup and a Cup run could really revive that franchise and its standing.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
I'm really happy with how we played and the outcome of the game, but at the same time, it wouldn't have been possible without that quite ridiculous penalty. I also think Blues had a couple too many 2-minute penaltys in the last two periods.

But hey, I'll take it, it's happened against the Wings, and it will no doubt happen again.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'm really happy with how we played and the outcome of the game, but at the same time, it wouldn't have been possible without that quite ridiculous penalty. I also think Blues had a couple too many 2-minute penaltys in the last two periods.

But hey, I'll take it, it's happened against the Wings, and it will no doubt happen again.

Meh. I think we would have won it in the end even without the ridiculous penalty. Obviously there is no knowing, but 4-3 shootout win was the alternate reality IMO. Backes took a stupid penalty leading to the 5v3, the guy actually deserves a good chunk of blame here. His reputation precedes him. It was a brutal call, but the on ice officials were only seeing 2+2. In this case 2+2=5.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah, Emmerton has looked better this year. Cleary, thought he would bounce back.. time to abandon those hopes, eh?

Brunner's been ok, works pretty hard there but he's small and weak, gets bumped off the puck too easy but that's not going to change this season. I'd like to see him rush the puck a little more but oh well.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, Emmerton has looked better this year. Cleary, thought he would bounce back.. time to abandon those hopes, eh?

Brunner's been ok, works pretty hard there but he's small and weak, gets bumped off the puck too easy but that's not going to change this season. I'd like to see him rush the puck a little more but oh well.

Cleary with 5:10 in PP time. Kindl with 5:43. Can't wait to get Ian White back in the lineup to take that IT from Kindl. Someone has got to take away Cleary's PP time. I mean heck, let Abdelkader be the net front guy on the 2nd PP unit. I really do think you've got to give someone else a shot as Cleary just isn't getting it done.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Argh why did they win, every win means less chance of getting Jones :(

index.php

american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Every win means more chance of extending the 21 playoff appearance streak and Holland making moves to help this team. [/glasshalffull]

With the way the season started there was legitimate reason to wonder whether we were a playoff team. Being a playoff contending team makes the season so much more enjoyable. I don't think we're a Cup contender and I do wonder where our next Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Z or Datsyuk will come from. That's why I like to see some of our younger guys like Fil and E develop and want to see guys like Nyquist be given a shot to play in Detroit.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
About the call.
I think it was the angle Backes was coming from. It was the blind side and therefore he got call 5 min.
He should have got 2.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Every win means more chance of extending the 21 playoff appearance streak and Holland making moves to help this team. [/glasshalffull]

You know he won't change **** if this team makes the playoffs... KH Logic: Make Playoffs = Success, "anyone can win if you make the final 8", no roster changes needed.

This team needs to fail - badly, for him to realize things, for him to dare buy-out 2 of his precious veterans, to make massive trades, to be overly aggresive in july. To be a useless team and get 1st overall couldn't come at a better time now in a shortened season in which many fans don't care about anyways, a real 82 game season matters a lot more. This team will be out in 1st round if they even make it, better then to fail bigtime and secure the future of the franchise.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
With the way the season started there was legitimate reason to wonder whether we were a playoff team. Being a playoff contending team makes the season so much more enjoyable. I don't think we're a Cup contender and I do wonder where our next Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Z or Datsyuk will come from. That's why I like to see some of our younger guys like Fil and E develop and want to see guys like Nyquist be given a shot to play in Detroit.

I always thought we were in that group that's gonna be competing for the 6-8 seeds but I'm not sure if that's a good place to be in given the roster situation.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hi. I know it's the Detroit board, so I'm not really here to debate, rather just clarify my position.

It seems that the blues fan that is the biggest pusher of the "big market bias" idea is me.

I'd just like to point out that Chicago, as the third largest city in the United States, with, at the time of that hit, a financially unactivated fanbase, would be a perfect candidate for the "bias" problem I'm talking about.

My thought is that the NHL favors the teams that will make them the most money at any time. Chicago was an "unactivated" market after the years of ineptitude by the Wirtz clowns. Time to cash in.

When the 2011-12 Lock Out was looming, who won the Cup? The largest "unactivated" market in the United States, Los Angeles. Time to cash in.

It's a long-standing theory I've had about the NHL, and I very rarely see evidence against it, on or off the ice. And the theory is reinforced much more often than that.

Detroit is a big market in terms of Hockey, btw. Not traditionally thought of as a Big Market for much else, but Hockey, you guys buy-into the team as a city.

Like I said, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just clarifying that position.

I respect you trying to clarify your position, but the bolded is where I find your premise to be ridiculous.

The NHL didn't beat the crap out of four teams, Los Angeles did. They added some great pieces in the season, changed coaches, then steamrolled everyone they faced. That has nothing to do with help from the league, and there is no evidence to support that gesture.

This to me is a case of a fan in a smaller market seeing what they want to see to support a position that makes certain issues easier to swallow. Wings fans did the same thing in the 2009 finals.

wingnutjeff

Jun 8, 2011
Let's be honest, we would be too if the shoe was on the other foot.

Absolutely, it was a terrible call. We got help from the officials and if a fan has integrity they have to acknowledge it especially if they want the right to complain when it goes the other way.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
You know he won't change **** if this team makes the playoffs... KH Logic: Make Playoffs = Success, "anyone can win if you make the final 8", no roster changes needed.

This team needs to fail - badly, for him to realize things, for him to dare buy-out 2 of his precious veterans, to make massive trades, to be overly aggresive in july. To be a useless team and get 1st overall couldn't come at a better time now in a shortened season in which many fans don't care about anyways, a real 82 game season matters a lot more. This team will be out in 1st round if they even make it, better then to fail bigtime and secure the future of the franchise.

A cup is a cup. Still need to get 16 wins. No one cares about the regular season. It's still the same for every team.

Less than a month into the season and you are wishing for them to tank to stick it up to Holland?

What big trade do you want him to do? I want you to give me a realistic trade option. Nash? Columbus would never trade him to us.

We have no idea how much they officially offered Parise or Suter. Parise was set on Minny, he called his pal Suter. No chance there.

I don't agree with all the moves Holland has made. I wasn't happy with the Quincey trade either. But being overly aggressive doesn't necessarily win you Cups. You seem to like Holmgren a lot. What has he achieved?

You want them to tank for Jones? What guarantee do you have that he is the solution?

You complain when they lose, you complain when they win. You don't like how the organization is run or their policies, you hate most of the team and you contribute **** to the discussions around here. This is the team they put on the ice. If you are a true fan you root for them, no matter what. Otherwise, stop wasting everyone's time.

And now, I put mindfly on my ignore list.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
We were on the power play for like 2/3 of the game.*

* Slight exaggeration to make a point, not to be taken seriously.

Yeah, but he is still on the second PP unit and you would still expect Kronwall too get more ice time. Not complaining though, not like Kronwall has looked great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad