GDT: Game 7: St Louis Blues @ Vegas Golden Knights | 6PM | Pietrangelo is among us

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If both Lehner and Fleury are going to deal with too much rust if the team keeps using them like this, , then why do some backup goalies around the league succeed when they get even less playing time?

Personally I’m much more concerned with other areas of the team. If goaltending is going to be an issue then this team is going to struggle.

Every starter was a backup at some point. It behooves a team to give their #1 some leeway in how they want to play out their season.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not your brah. Your wrong and your agenda is pretty clear and almost getting boring at this point.

you're.

If you think Lehner was great last night, I don't know what to say to you. I'm a Fleury fan and I'm not ashamed of that. The difference is that when Flower comes out really crappy, I call it. I don't defend the indefensible. And Panda's performance last night was indefensible. .840. With NO redirects, NO cross crease surprises. Just straight on shots that he wasn't in position for.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
you're.

If you think Lehner was great last night, I don't know what to say to you. I'm a Fleury fan and I'm not ashamed of that. The difference is that when Flower comes out really crappy, I call it. I don't defend the indefensible. And Panda's performance last night was indefensible. .840. With NO redirects, NO cross crease surprises. Just straight on shots that he wasn't in position for.

There's a world of difference between great and ass. He should have had the first goal, he could have bailed them out on another. He also made at least three saves you wouldn't expect your goalie to make to help.

He was disappointing, he didn't have a good game, I have no argument. Ass or shit show? No, he made too many good saves for that.

I don't think it warrants going from 0 to 100, from he was great to he was an ass shit show.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Always go with the hot hand, especially when facing a good team. You look at the schedule and assume your #1 gets those starts, so the order should have been reversed IMO.

I would have done MAF-Lehner-MAF-MAF-Lehner-Lehner-Lehner-Lehner unless you need to go back to Fleury. Both goalies get back to back games against the Coyotes to get them ready. It could have just as easily been Fleury struggling too.

The difference is they can waive MAF to the taxi squad and even with his good start no one is picking him up. This every other game idea sounds nice, but really its a waste of how best to position your team for success. MAF should have been waived, Lehner starts the easy first six games with Dansk only for emergencies, then bring back MAF after you have banked some cap space. The idea of guys needing some rest throughout the season makes sense, but I don't think they need 3 nights off after every start.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm not your brah.

Your wrong and your agenda is pretty clear and almost getting boring at this point.

A giveaway and breakaway, especially to a player like Kyrou, was not his fault. Neither is a wide open shot from the top of the circle. He could have bailed them out on one but it's not where you would put the blame.

Going for the pokecheck was 100% his fault. He chose to try that. Lehner was the best player on the ice last night. For the Blues.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The difference is they can waive MAF to the taxi squad and even with his good start no one is picking him up. This every other game idea sounds nice, but really its a waste of how best to position your team for success. MAF should have been waived, Lehner starts the easy first six games with Dansk only for emergencies, then bring back MAF after you have banked some cap space. The idea of guys needing some rest throughout the season makes sense, but I don't think they need 3 nights off after every start.

There's no way they were ever going to waive Fleury and have him on the taxi squad two weeks to save $37,000.

But I do agree they can go two by two as switching every game probably has its own issues.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Has there been an actual rumor about Glass or is that thread on the main trade board pure speculation?

I haven't seen anything but am not so confident I didn't just miss something.

I don't think they would be so foolish to trade him, unless the package is for a better C, but they scratch him enough when they shouldn't that I can't put it beyond them.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
All eyes will be on if the Blues retaliate against Stone tomorrow night. I expect it will be a pretty interesting game.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I think competition is a good thing. Lehner and Fleury have to fight for the #1 spot and are expected to perform. If they don’t perform, they become the #2 goalie and play less. If the pressure is too much for them, a guy folding under pressure is not a guy I want in the playoffs.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
All eyes will be on if the Blues retaliate against Stone tomorrow night. I expect it will be a pretty interesting game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if their is retaliation.

Doug Armstrong himself even hinted towards their being retaliation.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

they won a cup headshotting their way to victory. Reaves can take anyone on the roster however, but i bet any blue who headhunts will be as willing to go as stone was

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Never like to see a player get hurt like that. They should be angry.

Reaves shouldn't fight, however. Kolisaurus should challenge Clifford and Reaves can patrol all game long.

Hopefully somewhere in between Vegas scores and St Louis does not.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Never like to see a player get hurt like that. They should be angry.

Reaves shouldn't fight, however. Kolisaurus should challenge Clifford and Reaves can patrol all game long.

Hopefully somewhere in between Vegas scores and St Louis does not.
Well, we'll really see how good No One is :naughty::naughty::naughty:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Has there been an actual rumor about Glass or is that thread on the main trade board pure speculation?

I haven't seen anything but am not so confident I didn't just miss something.

I don't think they would be so foolish to trade him, unless the package is for a better C, but they scratch him enough when they shouldn't that I can't put it beyond them.

Not even a rumor. As the OP stated, he's speculating based on Glass yoyoing on and off the roster so much.

The only thing that would make sense as a trade for him this year is a high draft pick or younger grade A prospect. VGK doesn't have the space for a hockey trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad