GDT: Game 7: St Louis Blues @ Vegas Golden Knights | 6PM | Pietrangelo is among us

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team needs to f***ing stop the switch goalie every f***ing game pattern.

Pick one and keep with him.

Lehner may be just a goalie who does better when he consistently plays. Not this play one sit one bullshit.

I sometimes hate how this team is run.

The thing they are doing now is going to cost us points and it looks like it already did.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Lehner may be just a goalie who does better when he consistently plays. Not this play one sit one bullshit.

Both goalies need to get several games in a row to get comfortable. This will happen to Flower as well down the road.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

The thing they are doing now is going to cost us points and it looks like it already did.

After this **** show, you're defending Lehner as needing to play all the games? Thats why he was so bad today?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Lehner did really well last season when he was switching with Fleury fwiw. Is Lehner even used to that big of a workload?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After this **** show, you're defending Lehner as needing to play all the games? Thats why he was so bad today?

I am not really defending him. My point is some goalies may need a couple of games in a row to get into rhythm.

I am willing to bet that Fleury will also start looking like shit if they keep on doing this goalie pattern.

I am saying they need to stick with a goalie for a couple of games rather than keeping on switching them in and out.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Lehner did really well last season when he was switching with Fleury fwiw. Is Lehner even used to that big of a workload?

He had a good chunk of the season under his belt by that point, and he did say he doesn't like sharing #1 duties.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The coaching staff is making the best out of a stupid f***ing situation Mcrimmon put them in with regards to the goalie situation. Both goalies should not be on the roster, but since they are you need to get them reps.

And FFS if you're going to dress Hague just to plaster him to the bench what is the point?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Why does it feel like every game the Knights have played against the Blues ended up in the Knights coming back from a 2 goal deficit?

I feel like this always happens when the Knights play the Blues.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lets not forget Whitecloud played only 13 minutes, Hague wasn't the only one sitting.

But remember: Kelly+HSK were coaching.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
He had a good chunk of the season under his belt by that point, and he did say he doesn't like sharing #1 duties.

I doubt anyone likes sharing #1 duties because there is a chance your competition can beat you out and become the #1 guy. That happened with Fleury last year and we saw how well he took it.

He did very well after the long break fwiw. And his workload the past couple of seasons hasn’t been that high.

Subban had much longer breaks between games. He would go a month without playing while Lehner has played 4 games in less than 2 weeks.

I thought everyone said rotating 2 goalies was an advantage when both goalies are good. If it’s not, what is the solution assuming we keep both goalies? If the solution is to play Lehner more, will he get worn out? Will Fleury show a lot of rust when he plays? Doesn’t seem like there is another great solution. Last year with Subban, some fans said the solution was to not play Subban at all.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I doubt anyone likes sharing #1 duties because there is a chance your competition can beat you out and become the #1 guy. That happened with Fleury last year and we saw how well he took it.

He did very well after the long break fwiw. And his workload the past couple of seasons hasn’t been that high.

Subban had much longer breaks between games. He would go a month without playing while Lehner has played 4 games in less than 2 weeks.

I thought everyone said rotating 2 goalies was an advantage when both goalies are good. If it’s not, what is the solution assuming we keep both goalies? If the solution is to play Lehner more, will he get worn out? Will Fleury show a lot of rust when he plays? Doesn’t seem like there is another great solution. Last year with Subban, some fans said the solution was to not play Subban at all.

As far as i know, i only recall management/coaching saying something like this.

Yes, it is good to have 2 good goalies.

But i really don't think it is good to keep on switching them out game after game. At some point you need to allow one of them to get into a rhythm.

Now is the time to pick one and stick with him for a couple of games. If Fleury plays well next game, he gets the start the game after.

But this is what happens when you have a lot of money tied to goaltending. You have to use them and i doubt Lehner will be happy with once again sitting on the bench.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall. More deets on timing, etc. Of coaches sitting out, filling in.

Team will close practice facility Wednesday. Depending on testing results and consultation with NHL and Blues will determine next steps and status of future games. No changes, yet.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

He let in one bad goal. Fleury got two posts to help him before. He had to make better and more saves tonight than Fleury did in a shutout. It's far from a shit show. Especially with the team playing with a coaching issue two hours prior to puck drop.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We grew into the game. Lehner let in a bad first goal, the rest weren't on him but he could have possibly saved one to bail the team out. He did bail them out with some other great saves as well or we don't get a point or to a shootout. Why didn't Pacioretty get a shot?

Seven or eight posts, considering the drama to start the game and a coaching staff that probably didn't help much considering the circumstances, I'm happy with their final two periods.

Do we need to make a trade if Stone is suspended? I'm not sure about the particulars of day to day cap but if we can't even hold Glass and Kolesar on the roster for a single day, then how can we do it if Stone is suspended? He still counts toward the cap.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He let in one bad goal. Fleury got two posts to help him before. He had to make better and more saves tonight than Fleury did in a shutout. It's far from a shit show. Especially with the team playing with a coaching issue two hours prior to puck drop.

Nah brah, not one bad goal. He was ass tonight. He should have stopped at least 2 of the 4 (where he didn't seal the post and the shot from the top of the circle), possibly a third (the one Pietro lost that he inexplicably decided to dive in for a poke check). In fact, there was a shot at the end where he failed to seal the post again, but thankfully the shot came in high enough to hit his torso. If it would have been lower where the gaping hole was between his knees and the post, we would have lost in regulation.

Reactions: Pia8988

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Always go with the hot hand, especially when facing a good team. You look at the schedule and assume your #1 gets those starts, so the order should have been reversed IMO.

I would have done MAF-Lehner-MAF-MAF-Lehner-Lehner-Lehner-Lehner unless you need to go back to Fleury. Both goalies get back to back games against the Coyotes to get them ready. It could have just as easily been Fleury struggling too.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
If both Lehner and Fleury are going to deal with too much rust if the team keeps using them like this, , then why do some backup goalies around the league succeed when they get even less playing time?

Personally I’m much more concerned with other areas of the team. If goaltending is going to be an issue then this team is going to struggle.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Nah brah, not one bad goal. He was ass tonight. He should have stopped at least 2 of the 4 (where he didn't seal the post and the shot from the top of the circle), possibly a third (the one Pietro lost that he inexplicably decided to dive in for a poke check). In fact, there was a shot at the end where he failed to seal the post again, but thankfully the shot came in high enough to hit his torso. If it would have been lower where the gaping hole was between his knees and the post, we would have lost in regulation.

I'm not your brah.

Your wrong and your agenda is pretty clear and almost getting boring at this point.

A giveaway and breakaway, especially to a player like Kyrou, was not his fault. Neither is a wide open shot from the top of the circle. He could have bailed them out on one but it's not where you would put the blame.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad