GDT: Game 7: Seattle Kraken(2-2-2) @ Chicago Blackhawks(2-2-0) - 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
Kraken need 2 top 4 D-men to go with Larsson and Dunn
analytically they were ranked as one of the worst pairings last year. surely the coaching staff knows that lol dunn was a borderline 3rd pair defenseman in st. louis. yet somehow was anointed as a first pair guy in Seattle despite not really improving at all. plus, the players around him in seattle aren't as good.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The Blackhawks have to lose those games to teams in the hunt for Bedard, otherwise it'll be harder for people to believe that the league hasn’t already decided Bedard is theirs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Irie

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I missed the game but noticed that they outshot the Hawks 11-5 in the third, so can this really be a case of sitting back?

The 4th Hawks goal was on some bad defense for sure but that's one play, and the 5th goal wasn't a huge breakdown. The Hawks didn't seem to have much else - per the xGs those were most of the Hawks chances right there. The Kraken didn't get the saves, which is an old story.
My reaction was totally based on perception while watching the game. Those stats certainly contradict my perception but I stand by it.

Appleton, Bastian, and Lauzon all said basically the same thing in interviews when asked about the trade and their new situation. They were somewhat PC, but they all stated that they were never comfortable in the Seattle system and they were not sure what it was the coaches were asking of them. . Geekie said it during the first intermission today now too.

I haven't heard Fleury's take on the subject matter. Would be interesting to view some of his interviews since signing with Tampa to see if he has the same take, but he did say that he felt his development path was going along pretty well with Carolina and then Anaheim, but that he felt it was no longer so in Seattle, but I feel he was more referring to sitting most games more so than not understanding his role on the ice. He was super vague and he wouldn't elaborate, but it was clear he was pretty unhappy with the situation. (Was an interview last fall/winter that aired during one of the games).
This is disturbing and somewhat not too surprising to me anyway.

Reactions: majormajor

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I realize that now twice I’ve said “20 minutes is an eternity” when the Kraken were up by more than a goal. I’m sorry, I’ve learned my lesson. I will never say that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad