GDT: Game 7: Philadelphia Flyers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM | An extra hour to golf.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Martinez may be a bit rusty, remember this was only I believe his 3rd game. As for Stephenson, his game is speed and in the games I've attended (which is all of the home games) the opposition has been playing the trap making them slower grinding type games.

Cotter's goal last night was beautiful. And, according to the Athletic, he is actually faster than Stephenson.

Anyway, barring devastating injuries, we aren't missing the playoffs, so the regular season, to be honest, is about getting ready to defend the Cup and getting home ice for the titanic struggle against the Avs.
I agree but I think the fact that Martinez has been outshot 33-17 already at 5v5 is a little concerning in my opinion especially relative to the rest of the team. Again very early though.

Speed statistics are now available on NHL Edge and that assessment seems accurate thus far.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
I was unsure so I looked at the advanced stats from a few sources and you may be right. They're all three at the bottom of most 5 on 5 metrics by a bit, taking out Rondbjerg.
To be completely fair Stephenson, Cotter, and Stone don’t put random shot attempts on net which will hurt offensive metrics but the defensive metrics are still poor. I would blame Cotter because his stats were poor last year but tbh Stephenson has not looked great defensively this year in my opinion.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
To be completely fair Stephenson, Cotter, and Stone don’t put random shot attempts on net which will hurt offensive metrics but the defensive metrics are still poor. I would blame Cotter because his stats were poor last year but tbh Stephenson has not looked great defensively this year in my opinion.

Howden has only taken 4 shots (Cotter and Stephenson have 15-17) but he was higher on all metrics than either where I looked.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Howden has only taken 4 shots (Cotter and Stephenson have 15-17) but he was higher on all metrics than either where I looked.
The numbers are different for 5v5 but Howden’s linemates have contributed more shots while he is on the ice.

I think I overstated the effects of passing tendencies because Stephenson and company are well below the “were just skipping low quality opportunities” threshold. His metrics are poor offensively and defensively regardless of their passing tendencies but they do influence the metrics a small amount. 37xGF% is just bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad