GDT: Game 7 - Part II

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Watching the player interviews after Game 7 I had a couple of thoughts:
1) Can anyone on this team actually grow a beard?
2) The players seemed very focused on the Stars and the next series, not caught up in celebrating the past
3) They looked like a huge weight was lifted, the pressure must have been unreal and I hope they are focused but loose playing against Dallas
4) Backes shows signs of the war that the Blues just went through, hope some rest does the body good

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Thrilled to see the Blues prove me wrong. That was the most exhausting playoff series I can ever remember as a fan. I can't even imagine what the players are feeling right now. That series felt like it started in March.

It was nice to see the gods on our side. That play right after Lehtera scored where Kane was behind the net and fed Panarin who missed a wide open net. The double post. The refs definitely putting the whistle away and letting some Blues infractions go (I mean that one blatant trip that would've been called in 99% of regular season games). It was just meant to be. Felt like the Blues won the Cup in that barn last night. That was emotional ****.

By the way, does anyone have a vid of the Brouwer hit on Seabrook that everyone is talking about?

Last edited:

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Ali-Liston_II.jpg

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
We did it!

It's therapeutic to able to hit the reset button after the stress of the last 7 games. Glad to hear everyone sounds incredibly focused already.

It's great to eliminate the Hawks, but this is only as special as the subsequent playoff series' make it.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Reading through the Hawks GDT, man a lot of them don't respect us at all, thinking Tarasenko is the only good player we have. Let's hope the Stars underestimate us as well and we surprise them.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Reading through the Hawks GDT, man a lot of them don't respect us at all, thinking Tarasenko is the only good player we have. Let's hope the Stars underestimate us as well and we surprise them.

It's just typical salty loser mentality. Same mentality we had for the wild. Let them grieve

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis

It's their board. It's a more insulated area where they can vent. I found the main boards to be relatively respectful compared to other series.

If you remember way back when Vancouver was competitive, I don't think I've witnessed a group of fans with less respect for the opposing team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Wings fan dropping by belatedly to say I ****ing love you guys and I want to hug all of you.
*bro hug*

FWIW ever since you guys moved to the East I don't mind Detroit at all now. You guys are cool. **** the 'Hawks!

They're sour. One of them already posted on the Dallas board that Elliott is trash and we have no depth scoring. :laugh: If that was the case we wouldn't have beat them but hey, who needs logic? Not them!

rivoshy 1774

Oct 9, 2013
ontario, Can
Pretty sure Oshie could put the puck in an empty net from half a foot away. I doubt it would take him 3 tries, either. That goal was the very definition of "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes.". Brouwer was terrible. His stick has "RIP good plays" written on it because its the place they go to die. That play was all Fabbri. Brouwer barely managed not to screw it up. The emergence of Fabbri and Parayko, as well as getting the bounces for once, was the difference. Plus playing our best goalie and not Allen or Miller helped.

But Brower put himself in position to make a play. Oshie might have been on his ass in the corner somewhere.

LGB

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
It's their board. It's a more insulated area where they can vent. I found the main boards to be relatively respectful compared to other series.

If you remember way back when Vancouver was competitive, I don't think I've witnessed a group of fans with less respect for the opposing team.

Pretty much, yeah. Most of us DO respect the Blues, we just don't like you guys because we can't. Y'know, rivalry and all that.

That said, please go win the Cup. If the WCF that should be (but never will) has to happen in the first round, you guys better not let the Stars beat you!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Hey, thanks!

Been a fan since '67...agree with everything you said.

How often do both Habs and Bs watch and not play in Round 1??? Very weird - and not good.

So we watch St. Louis and hope their starving fans are rewarded for their enduring and passionate support by seeing their team lift The Mug. Such a high.

"We" will be back - I hope and assume! :)

I wonder when was the last time Bruins and Montreal missed playoffs same season?? Yes, we'll both be back in the picture and hopefully soon. 2 years in a row Bruins finished tied for 8th in points and missed out..Also both years they slumped badly going down the stretch.

I really hope Carey Price returns to his normal self next season. He's one player you cant replace, one if not the best in the league.

But here we are, a Bruin fan and a Hab fan cheering for the same team, the Blues. Really hope the Blues go all the way..Hey, maybe we brought them a little good luck..I'd certainly like to return next round and jump on the bandwagon..Thanks Blues fans for letting us join you guys. Very friendly board and awesome fans!!

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada

They need to understand that being a good player doesn't always mean putting points up on the scoreboard.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Found this gem on the stars board.. Kind of funny because Blues had more players score in this series than Chicago and also Brian Elliot had a .929 save PCT vs Crawfords .907...

and Elliott had a better regular season than Crawford... hmmm:sarcasm:

Hey brother, you'll get a lot of trash talk and that is absolutely what that guy wrote, Trash.. You all know Elliott is a proven great goaltender and he can steal a game or 2. There's going to be a lot of trash talk so you better get used to it my friend. You have an awesome fan base here. The Blues just knocked out the SC champs, so simply put, there's no team Blues cant beat!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad