GDT: Game 7 - Part II

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why the heck not? The defender messed up and was way out of position (thanks to Stasny drawing the double coverage for a second). How much hockey sense does it take to go to the far side of the net when there is no 0 defensive support there? Brouwer was the 3rd man in and went to the wide open spot. Fabbri threaded an absolute beauty of a pass right to his waiting stick Brouwer then stone handed it twice before he managed to score from half a foot. Brouwer did absolutely nothing special on that play and barely, I mean barely, managed not to screw it up.

I'm not trying to dog Brouwer, although it may sound like it. But come on. To say that one play, no matter how big, justifies the trade when Brouwer barely managed not to screw up amazing work by two vastly superior players. :shakehead
It's as much of an baseless assumption as yours saying Oshie would have pwnd that goal.

You saying Brouwer barely managing to not screw that up is exactly dogging him. He lost his balance avoiding the puck with his skate. The sequence of events for him to score that goal was rediculous. He absolutely earned his 1st star tonight.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Quoting this so it will be on the next page. :D

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Well, congrats, Blues. Glad you guys got to feel the warm, creamy goodness of the hockey gods smiling on your team for once. I remember how that felt...a bit...seems so long ago...but anyway.

Thank you for beating the Hawks. I ****ing hate the Hawks. So sick of them winning everything.

GL versus Dallas. Just get someone to make Hitchcock actually give Tarasenko some icetime.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I keep saying don't turtle and they turtle.

So screw it, turtle boys turtle
[JohnKelly]THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU![/JohnKelly] :clap:

Dear Chicago,

Thanks for trading up to take Nick Schmaltz.

Love,

Fabbri
:bow:

Same here, its 8am and soon go to work. Dead tired but happy like bird.

I have watched end of 3rd like 10 times already. Damn this is happy day for us.

:yo:

keep getting goosebumps from (re)reading this topic :popcorn:

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
I feel like we hit that higher gear tonight. Not perfect by any means but we hustled. Very nice win.

I wonder if everyone will let the Hawks have all the excuses no one let us have the past three years.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
To paraphrase Herb Brooks in the game after the miracle on ice, if this team doesn't go on to win the cup after that series, they'll take it to their ****ing graves.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Some food for thought: the Blues held Kane, Toews, and Panarin to a grand total of 3 goals. And one of those was an empty netter. I don't think many people realize just what an accomplishment that is.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Just got home from work. Until the game was over I was glued to my phone, refreshing every 10 seconds. When I saw it switch to 3-2 Final I went ballistic right in the middle QuikTrip. A older couple stared at me curiously, I turned and said Blues just won with a biggest **** eating grin on my face. The women rolled her eyes smiling and walked away and when her back turned her husband looked at me and unzipped his jacket to show off his Blues shirt and then did a big fist pump. This continued to happen all night long as I met so many other Blues fans. I am usually dead tired by the early part of the morning but the energy of the win coupled with the excitement of my fellow Blues fan I had energy to spare.

So happy, now we need to get it done against the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad