GDT: Game 7 - Part II

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
After that playoff performance, I would join you. I was very impressed by him.

He was offer sheeted by the Sharks. There's a reason Bowman matched that and let Niemi walk, he recognized the more important piece. You may not remember, but least year he took a puck straight to the throat and didn't miss much time at all.

Guy is like the definition of an actual modern day viking. :laugh: Beyond that, if he scores a goal, he gets pissed at the forwards for it. Kinda just has the attitude of "Why the hell am I the one scoring, go do your damn job!"

As an aside (as sacreligious as this may be, I'm hopping on the Blueswagon.) What can you guys tell me about your players? I know Tarasenko quite well, but that's about the only one I know as far as current roles on your team. Just give me a basic rundown on their skillsets or some comparable players.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
He was offer sheeted by the Sharks. There's a reason Bowman matched that and let Niemi walk, he recognized the more important piece. You may not remember, but least year he took a puck straight to the throat and didn't miss much time at all.

Guy is like the definition of an actual modern day viking. :laugh: Beyond that, if he scores a goal, he gets pissed at the forwards for it. Kinda just has the attitude of "Why the hell am I the one scoring, go do your damn job!"

As an aside (as sacreligious as this may be, I'm hopping on the Blueswagon.) What can you guys tell me about your players? I know Tarasenko quite well, but that's about the only one I know as far as current roles on your team. Just give me a basic rundown on their skillsets or some comparable players.

I'll try, but I'm sure you'll get better comparables from others. I'll just do one-liners for each guy:

Schwartz - great all-around game, feisty on the boards, broken ankle mid-season required surgery
Lehtera - chemistry with Tarasenko is over-stated, good as a 3C, seems to get gassed all the time
Tarasenko - He's alright

Fabbri - Future 30 goal scorer. Undersized rookie with more heart and passion than anyone else in that draft. 2nd most dangerous shot to Tarasenko.
Stastny - Was given more defensive job vs Hawks, but expect him to be ppg next series
Brouwer - I think you know. That line has been very productive, and I expect will be back to a more offensive role against Dallas

Berglund - Big Swede, good possession player, has a good shot but never managed to develop into a dangerous scoring threat. Has looked better after shoulder surger this year
Steen - Moved to center. Best 2-way player on the team.
Backes - At wing he's been better on the forecheck. I'm guessing you know him pretty well too. A blue-collar player who also manages to get close to 30 goals

I'll have to stop there for now. I'm sure someone else will do a better run-down for bandwagoners.

Watch for Parayko the rookie defenseman phenom.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You guys are lucky to have Parayko. He is just so impressive every time I see him play. Can't believe how calm he is for a 22-year-old, and what a ****ing bomb!

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
It's their board. It's a more insulated area where they can vent. I found the main boards to be relatively respectful compared to other series.

If you remember way back when Vancouver was competitive, I don't think I've witnessed a group of fans with less respect for the opposing team.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to be an attack on their fans or anything, nothing wrong with talking smack on your own board anyways, lord knows I do it and can be downright vile when talking about the hawks with my friends. When supporting your team becomes hurting other fans is when sports becomes ugly and I'm not about that. It was just a comment on how we're seen around the league. If anything we're too deep and don't have enough top end talent to break open a game.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Sorry, I didn't mean it to be an attack on their fans or anything, nothing wrong with talking smack on your own board anyways, lord knows I do it and can be downright vile when talking about the hawks with my friends. When supporting your team becomes hurting other fans is when sports becomes ugly and I'm not about that. It was just a comment on how we're seen around the league. If anything we're too deep and don't have enough top end talent to break open a game.

I think the emergence of Tarasenko probably changed that opinion in mosts mind. I finally understand what you guys probably feel like when Kane is on the ice, ****er is terrifying.

Thanks for the rundown, 2MM. Much appreciated.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Parayko is Weber but bigger and so much faster.

Parayko looks like he'll be a stud. Ceiling from the small bits I've seen from him seems to be Chara-lite, not a bad thing at all. Want to trade him to us for the gentle giant Viktor Svedberg? :laugh:

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
It doesn't matter. I was joking, I wouldn't even take that.

Obviously I knew that wasn't a real proposal. I was more or less trying to take a shot at the hawks for consistently shipping out 1st and 2nd round picks for rentals. Although it looks like Ladd is seriously considering taking a pay cut to play his last few years there. Hopefully the blues can string together a few deep postseason runs and be able to get players to start doing the same to wear the note.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Obviously I knew that wasn't a real proposal. I was more or less trying to take a shot at the hawks for consistently shipping out 1st and 2nd round picks for rentals. Although it looks like Ladd is seriously considering taking a pay cut to play his last few years there. Hopefully the blues can string together a few deep postseason runs and be able to get players to start doing the same to wear the note.

Maybe. Hopefully this year we can at least get to round 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad