Game 7: Niemi vs Stalock

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Doesn't matter. The D is just hanging the goalies out to dry. Stuart, Hannan, Irwin, Boyle.. all need to go next season, as for this one.. I'd lean towards Niemi, as much as I hate to say it. He's been there before.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Flip a coin. I dont see them winning anyways.

If they manage to get lucky and win they will get crushed by Anaheim.

Its only fitting if this team blows a 3-0 lead in a series and lose.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Nemo, of course. What a ****ing job game 4 and game 6 was though.

First that idiot Dvorski and now this nonsense by Lee. **** these refs, man. There needs to be a huge overhaul in what can be reviewed.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Nemo, of course. What a ****ing job game 4 and game 6 was though.

First that idiot Dvorski and now this nonsense by Lee. **** these refs, man. There needs to be a huge overhaul in what can be reviewed.

The refs are not the reason this is going 7. Stop with the BS excuses.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
The refs are not the reason this is going 7. Stop with the BS excuses.

Its not an "excuse". This ridiculous goal allowed by Lee changed the entire dynamic of the game. When you got Logan Couture throwing punches in the game, you KNOW something isn't right.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Its not an "excuse". This ridiculous goal allowed by Lee changed the entire dynamic of the game. When you got Logan Couture throwing punches in the game, you KNOW something isn't right.
Or they can be mentally strong and come back to tie the game instead of letting in 3 more.

Couture is fighting because he's been worthless and trying to make some kind of difference.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Or they can be mentally strong and come back to tie the game instead of letting in 3 more.

Couture is fighting because he's been worthless and trying to make some kind of difference.

Being "mentally strong" when nonsense goals are allowed doesn't work in tight 1 goal games, chap. I can absolutely blame the Sharks for game 5. I would say that game 5 cost them this series if they lose it. If we are truly going to focus our anger as fans, we should do it with game 5.

Evincar said:

Any playoff series isn't won on the PP. You win it in ES. Try looking up the ES numbers on all recent Stanley cup champions.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Stalock. Just because flip flopping looks dumb. Go with Stalock and stay with him until they're officially done.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Nemo should start. Stalock played a respectable game, but game 7 in a series like this, you go with your number 1. He's been good in rebound bids as well.

Really this is far more than just goaltending - it should be more like will the same intense Sharks from the first two games show up?

MrCowGod15

Feb 6, 2007
Have to go with the experience. Nemo's been pretty damn solid. I was in favor of Stalock starting game 6, but goaltending is obviously not the issue.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Stalock for me. If anything, I don't think anyone on the Sharks believes that Niemi can steal this next game. Especially after everything that's leaked through at the end of the year.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Being "mentally strong" when nonsense goals are allowed doesn't work in tight 1 goal games, chap.
There's a big difference in mental strength between you and a professional athlete who's been through everything in his career. If there isn't, maybe we need a new roster of players.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I want Nemo back in. This game is NOT in any way on Stalock. I thought he was great until the team jut stopped playing after the BS second goal that should have been disallowed.

This team has bigger problems than goalie to worry about IMO

PP has been a disaster and the top 6 has been invisible.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Stalock looked better and projects more confidence right now than Niemi. It doesn't matter though. The team in front needs to stop turning pucks over, blowing assignments, and failing to capitalize on power play opportunities. 0 for 9 in the last two games. Game 7 will come down to whether guys like Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Burns, and Boyle show up on the score sheet especially on the man advantage.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
Niemi. Stalock did play well, but it doesn't matter. He's the backup and he lost. Niemi is the go-to man. This board loves to pretend that all the goals were soft and Niemi is the sole reason for the losses he was in, but that is simply false. He got no defense and most of the goals were unlucky bounces. We gave Niemi a rest, maybe that is all he needed. He always responds well after a rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad