GDT: Game 7: NDQF Tied 3-3 MTL @ TOR May 31, 2021 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Rebound, in the crease most likely.

Chiarot had a really rough period. He had more trouble than his usual standard.

He also got shook up on a shift.

It's something to monitor.

then please dont aim for a top corner lol

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
An OK first. We outshot them 12-8. Each team had one great chance.

Need to get to some of these rebounds Campbell is giving up though.

I'd like to see us complete our passes better. So many breakouts end up back in our end. So many neutral zone passes end up as Leaf rushes coming the other way.

Reactions: abo9

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I’ll take 0-0 after 1st period. The Leafs needed to come out strong and they didn’t, we did give the better chances but that’s expected.

Now they need to make this second period their own.
Leafs seem to have decided to play possum hockey, hoping to use the 2nd period long change advantage, and hope for Habs top-4 D to cough a turnover due to wear down / usage

Reactions: MadMslm

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Leafs have shown absolutely nothing for a team playing in front of fans for the first time since early last year. No emotion, no sense of urgency.

If the Habs get that first goal and can weather the usual late game storm, they'll be fine.
They still had some pretty good looks at net. We are lucky it was Marner with that point blank chance with 10 seconds left lol

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Good period for us...

Campbell looked a bit shaky...
chances were about even both sides...
Longer it goes, the more the pressure ramps up for the Laffs!

Chiarot is brutal out there, turns over the puck every other time he handles it.

Evans, Suzuki, JKO & Caufield all look confident and ready for the moment, nice to see.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Switch Anderson and Tifoli.

Tifoli has been a HUGE disappoint ... Zero intensity in the playoffs and a total basket case along the wall in the D zone.

Reactions: TT1

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Is Evans hurt? Armia up on his spot to end the period. I feel like Evans looked good so far and wouldn't be benched/demoted.

During the couple of icings that Suzuki's line went through Evans managed to change with Toffoli and then pretty much immediately iced the puck. His shift ended up being with that line, so Armia was put out with Danault.

Reactions: Canadienna

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Only about 35 years or so. Tell me you've NEVER seen a guy one time a shot like that.

Once again, it's very hard for a right-handed shot to get a one-timer off in this play. His body is parallel to the puck and it's in front of him, which means he can't get any power on a one-time. Could he tip a good pass? Yes, but he's clearly too far from the net for that type of play.

View media item 9371

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I prepped dinner and watched the game from my the island in my kitchen the whole 1st. Now that all is ready to go and I’m not ready to cook yet I don’t know what to do! I just can’t sit still and watch the game! Help me HF Habs, you’re my only hope!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He’s due for one. An ugly one. I believe.
Honestly, I wouldn't have him in the lineup. He's hurt and has been bad.

That's not going to stop me from taunting our own posters on him though. :laugh:

And now I really am hoping he scores the game winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad