GDT: Game 7: NDQF Tied 3-3 MTL @ TOR May 31, 2021 – 7:00pm ET, CNBC, CBC, TVAS, SN, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Muzzin has to be out, right? That looked like a pulled groin to me.

I pulled my groin in a hockey related situation... slipped on ice throwing my goalie pads in the car. Not exactly a highlight moment but I was hurt for like a month. It sucked.

Obviously, he is a professional athlete and has access to top-tier medical support so it’s no comparison to scrubs like me. However, it’s a crappy injury that is really bothersome. If it is this and even if it’s playable, he’s going to be hampered for sure.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I pulled my groin in a hockey related situation... slipped on ice throwing my goalie pads in the car. Not exactly a highlight moment but I was hurt for like a month. It sucked.

Obviously, he is a professional athlete and has access to top-tier medical support so it’s no comparison to scrubs like me. However, it’s a crappy injury that is really bothersome. If it is this and even if it’s playable, he’s going to be hampered for sure.
Not to be a bad person but I hope he plays a 75% Muzzin is better for us than a healthy player.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Unfortunately, it should be the end tonight. Our older guys will have enough. And you have to expect to see Matthews and Marner finally show up. Could be close, but this one is not going to OT.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

I've had two groin injuries playing hockey. One when I was 13 and full of piss and vinegar, so it was manageable. Could play on it, could barely walk after, and then could play on it the next game.

The other was when I was playing high school hockey and it was terrible. Did everything I could to get it ready for the final game, took one hit early on and tweaked it. Was done for the night.

Muzzin's 32. That's not great, professional athlete or not. He might be good to go at first because of the reasons you mentioned, but as the game wears on it will be a factor.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Yeah, if he plays get in the forecheck hard, you can nurse a groin strain to some extent if you’re just skating but if you force him to exert force it won’t last long
Just skating would be difficult and his acceleration would be crap. It would actually hurt the team if he played like that. If that's what it was. It certainly loooked that way though.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Game 7...get ready!

Last Game 7:

Price huge in this game.

Took me a while to remember who #49 was :laugh:

Ya Price was super dialed in that game. I had totally forgotten that Gionta was captain for like 5 years lol The Habs were damn fast back then though....but same old same old...couldn't play D much. So many tiny bodies in that lineup.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's the young leaders (Matthews, Marner) versus the old leaders (Price, Weber)
It's the team that should have a chance to win everything versus those who didn't stand a chance.
It's skills versus character

Still can't believe this team has a chance to win that series tonight.
We have Carey Price to thank for that and this team should thank him back tonight.

Now it's one game....

I won't make any predictions on that one.
But from Carey Price to the young kids being known as stepping up in those big game and with all those hard working character guys, the leaders with experience....

All I'm going to say is that I like our chances and it would be awesome to have more hockey this week.
Let's do this!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
My stupid hot take here, but why put a limit on fully vaccinated? Is this not the solution to the end of the pandemic or not?

Thankfully they are allowing some though and this should be a historic night regardless of who wins

Because you can still get the virus even if you're vaccinated.

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad