GDT: Game #7 Kings @ Sharks - 7:30 PM PDT CSN-CA KFOX

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Jones showed up 30 minutes late

The skaters showed up 40 minutes late

Joel Ward has played well in every game so far and was definitely the best Shark tonight

And to whatever prankster god was responsible for that last goal against, **** you and **** off

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Couture and Martin out not helping. Martin may have actually been reigning Burns in like an animal tamer cuz Burns is chasing the puck more right now. Thornton's line hasn't really been going strong the last couple games. Hertl's playing well but dunno if he's good enough for the 2nd line yet. Nieto plays well more often than not, still can't score. I don't care for Wingels generally.

Also, as USF said, it's sports.

Yeah the loss of those two definitely isn't helping but Couture isn't our entire offense either, none of our forwards have done anything since he's been gone, pretty pathetic. And Martin seemed to be really helping to solidify our d-core but it now seems like our defense is in shambles and lost without him. I hope we get it together soon though and I'm sure we will, but I understand that that's sports and that's just how it goes but this just seems like typical Sharks hockey and it happens every year. Sorry I'm just frustrated.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It was not a good night for Bay Area sports. Oh well. Hopefully the Sharks can turn it around against Carolina and Martin will be back. He was skating today, according to that Sharks Media guys.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Kings 4-1

Carter, Muzzin, Gaborik, Doughty // SJ Sharkie

Well, at least we got off the SNOG schneid!

SNOG%202015-10-22_zpsli54gpmm.jpg

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Oct. 7 at LA| CanadienShark | Sharks 5-1
Oct. 10 vs ANH| crzymexicanbeer | Sharks 2-0
Oct. 13 at WAS| none | Sharks 5-0
Oct. 16 at NJ| Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer | Sharks 2-1 SO
Oct. 17 at NYI| none | Islanders 6-3
Oct. 19 at NYR| none | Rangers 4-0
Oct. 22 vs LA| magic school bus | Kings 4-1

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) CanadienShark, crzymexicanbeer, magic school bus, Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer (1)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah the loss of those two definitely isn't helping but Couture isn't our entire offense either, none of our forwards have done anything since he's been gone, pretty pathetic. And Martin seemed to be really helping to solidify our d-core but it now seems like our defense is in shambles and lost without him. I hope we get it together soon though and I'm sure we will, but I understand that that's sports and that's just how it goes but this just seems like typical Sharks hockey and it happens every year. Sorry I'm just frustrated.

Martin makes Burns better and puts Dillon in a matchup situation that is best-suited for his abilities. I think that's every bit as crucial as Couture's loss especially since our blue line isn't as deep in general as the forwards are. I think if the forwards besides Couture were healthy, they could sustain but not with Karlsson, Donskoi, and Smith all out and they have to ice Brown, Lerg, and Haley who all do not belong in an NHL lineup. Goodrow doesn't either but he's at least an acceptable 14th guy and he's playing on the 3rd line most nights at this point.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

well thornton and pavelski have. joel ward tonight. pretty much no one else. which is what happens when couture goes out, you bring up hertl from a position he can excel at to one hes subpar at and he hurts that line unfortunately. we also lose the key 5th player on the PP and a key penalty killer.

logan means a whole lot to this team. remember he is our top defensive center.

Last edited:

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Well, at least we got off the SNOG schneid!

SNOG%202015-10-22_zpsli54gpmm.jpg

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Oct. 7 at LA| CanadienShark | Sharks 5-1
Oct. 10 vs ANH| crzymexicanbeer | Sharks 2-0
Oct. 13 at WAS| none | Sharks 5-0
Oct. 16 at NJ| Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer | Sharks 2-1 SO
Oct. 17 at NYI| none | Islanders 6-3
Oct. 19 at NYR| none | Rangers 4-0
Oct. 22 vs LA| magic school bus | Kings 4-1

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) CanadienShark, crzymexicanbeer, magic school bus, Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer (1)

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhh

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Had the misfortune of catching the tail end of that game on the radio... it's 7 games in and I feel a bit less optimistic. We need Martin and Couture back... and a 4th line that is not a tire fire. Also, dillon-burns is a tire fire.

Edit: I can't count.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
On the plus side, when we lose on Saturday our regression to .500 will have only wasted the first 1/10 of the season as opposed to the typical first 1/5 we've grown accustomed to

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I think someone mentioned it being like a baseball line that looks a lot better when you add one guy that stretches the lineup and makes everyone else better.

With Couture in we have 4 lines that are pretty good for their line #. With him out we have a pretty good top line that is already missing a winger, a below average 2nd line, a poor 3rd line, and a joke of a 4th line.

The same can be said for the defense with Martin out. Every time a top 4 dman drops out we will be in trouble

TimAllen

Feb 1, 2010
Bay Area
Not really worries about the team right now. This is the result that comes with having the injuries that this team does.

As a side note, no matter how many Cups the Kings win they are the trash of the NHL. From their treatment of Mike Richards and his drug problem that everyone knew about (and Dean Lombardi's subsequent self-pity party) to them shielding Voynov after he beat the crap out of his wife to their bull**** hits that keep injuring people that the NHL continually lets them get away with. As frustrating as it is to be a Sharks fan I can't imagine trying to rationalize supporting that dumpster of an organization. Even their twitter guy sucks.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
so apparently thornton did get his bell rung on that fall and went through the concussion protocol, but was ok.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Not great. The whole D was a mess really, even Vlasic.

The D revert to backing in at the blue line so easily when they try to play safe, but do not keep their gaps small enough to prevent their opponents from getting through their stickchecks with a deke/pass or in this game just shielded the puck and plowed through the stick check, argh it annoys me to no end seeing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad